Blogs

It seems like yesterday...

Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It seems like yesterday...

It is fast approaching one year since my lovely, amazing, hard working, funny, strong Dad died, yet, it still feels like yesterday. Why does it feel so "now" still? I try not to dwell too much as I know he would not like that but if I don't deal with it, I just have vivid dreams which are painful...grieving? - I wish I knew how to do it.

I miss him so much. Impossible to put into words.

Love to all who are going through similiar situationsx

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valll For This Useful Post:
dessy (04-23-2013), Impurrfect (04-13-2013), MsPINKAcres (04-15-2013), Opivotal (04-13-2013)
Old 04-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

((Vall)) - I think the first year after my mom died, though I did grieve, I was also a bit numb? Many times, it just didn't seem real, other times it was overwhelming.

I thought that getting through the "year of firsts" (first whatever without her) would make it easier. Not really, as then I just thought "this is the second birthday, Christmas, etc" but time did make it a bit easier.

Big hugs and prayers,

Amy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Impurrfect For This Useful Post:
MsPINKAcres (04-15-2013), Opivotal (04-15-2013), Valll (04-13-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Valll))

I think I will always miss my dad - our granddaughter's counselor states that as a child as she matures and grasp the understanding of the concept of death she will have stages of mourning
and I believe as adults we never stop with our understandings too - so with that concept - we too never truly stop with our grasping of the concept of death - we just walk thru different understandings of the loss we have -

prayers of peace and comfort for you

gentle pink hugs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsPINKAcres For This Useful Post:
Impurrfect (04-15-2013), Opivotal (04-15-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Valll View Post
It is fast approaching one year since my lovely, amazing, hard working, funny, strong Dad died, yet, it still feels like yesterday. Why does it feel so "now" still? I try not to dwell too much as I know he would not like that but if I don't deal with it, I just have vivid dreams which are painful...grieving? - I wish I knew how to do it.

I miss him so much. Impossible to put into words.

Love to all who are going through similiar situationsx

Dear Valll, I know your pain. I'm coming up to 2nd year anniv of my Dad's death. It broke my heart. My first year, was numb (and drank through the grief). And like you it felt like "yesterday". 2 years now and I can say the extreme pain is less often but of course still hurts. Grief is the most lonely experience. Sorry you having sad dreams. My painful dreams of him leaving me over and over.... lasted a few months. Hugs to you x
The Following User Says Thank You to Tammy47 For This Useful Post:
Impurrfect (04-15-2013)