Notices

smiling again

Old 07-19-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

smiling again

I am thankful that after so many years, my ex-husband and father of my son is actually celebrating 30 days sober today. He has been actually attending meetings 4 times a week for the past 4 weeks. He's never done that in the entire 11 years that I've watched him sabotage his life. He had to hit rock bottom first... he lost me (his wife), his son, his apartment, his job, his teeth (for the most part), his friends, the respect of all his family... everything. For his 30 days of clarity, I'm so grateful. For him to be back in his son's life, I'm so incredibly grateful. To know that my son has a good chance of not growing up an alchoholic or an addict is such a good feeling. I was always fearful that his father would be the one to introduce substances to him when he became a teenager. I pray I don't have to worry about that. I pray that he sticks with it. I pray that this is the only section I feel I need to post in.

And as always, I have to include some thanks. Thanks to the anonymous friends and confidants who have helped me more than you can ever know. I have all my replies from you guys saved in a special folder. I revisit them when I need them. I thank you for being my support. Words cannot describe how much better you made me feel. Thank you so much!