SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Bedtime Gratitude Part II (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/94661-bedtime-gratitude-part-ii.html)

margo 05-23-2006 09:09 PM

Bedtime Gratitude Part II

Hi Folks! The mega-threads are causing strain on the server each time they are accessed, so we're starting a part 2 for those threads. Please continue to share on this new thread. Thanks!

This is the last post on part 1:

Originally Posted by eddie z.
Richie,
My ex-husband once called in "well" to work. Said he felt too good to come in. LOL.

Tonight, I'm grateful I improvised a kick-a$$ shrimp curry with some ideas from my mom. It turned out really well (and I don't even actually like shrimp!).

I also really grateful that I heard from jazpoppy and lurkings tonight and that they are both still alive. I worry about them. Still haven't heard from skissors6 or scribbler, though. I worry about them, too. Keep them all in your prayers!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie :brain

Here is the link to the original thread:

http://soberrecovery.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33499

bats_haven 05-23-2006 10:14 PM

Good Evening Eddie,Richie,Kevin and L

Tonight I am grateful for my step group, we are close to finishing 2 weeks left, and am so grateful for being involved with this group, since it has immensly helped with my recovery ..

Mike

nogard 05-24-2006 01:34 PM

Gratewful I woke up in time, just :)

Kevin

Richie 05-24-2006 05:49 PM

Hi Mike,Kevin,L,and Eddie,
I had a nice day off today.:mowing
Finally got the grass cut.
Back to work tomorrow.:eek5:
Have a great night,everyone.

Hope 05-24-2006 09:09 PM

Hi Eddie, L, Kevin, Richie, and Mike!

I'm so grateful that I am going back to college! I'm a little nervous about taking 12 hours this summer though. In the first summer session, I am taking 2 and in the 2nd summer session, I'm taking two more. I'm taking retail management, algebra (ahhhhhh), and 2 psychology classes. Whew, my brain will be BUSY trying to learn this stuff.

Oh, and my advisor told me that I need all As and Bs in my remaining classes. I messed up the past several years in college because of my using but I can use this moment as a chance to turn it all around and finish my education strong.

I have so many Ws on my transcript that it is rediculous. Obviously, I wasn't a functioning addict, LOL. I am truly grateful that I still have another opportunity to go back and do much better. ;-) I gotta go show them what I'm made of, hehe.

Grateful to have all of you to listen!!

Love,
Cheryl

Lbad 05-25-2006 05:45 AM

Good Morning,
I am grateful for so much today I don't know where to start.
I am mostly grateful for the people in the world who care about others. The ones who realize it's not all about them. They are my role models. I am also grateful so many people are posting on this thread right now. It is so cool to read about your gratitude. It makes me happy.

nogard 05-25-2006 02:10 PM

I am grateful its Froiday and the start of the weekend shortly :)

Richie 05-25-2006 04:14 PM

Hi Kevin,L,Eddie,Mike,and Cheryl,
I am grateful to have a clean head,and for keeping it that way.And I am glad that when a huge mistake was made at work,it happened when I was off.
Hope you are all doing well.
Good luck in school,Cheryl.
God bless.

bats_haven 05-25-2006 05:05 PM

Hello Kevin,L,Eddie,Richie ,and Cheryl

Today I am grateful to be sober and working on my recovery. A guy at work had a huge hangover today, and I am sure grateful that it was not me.
:)

Mike

eddie z. 05-25-2006 06:14 PM

Hey, y'all!! Sorry I'm late!! LOL. Cheryl, CONGRATS on continuing your education!! Don't feel too bad, though, in 1986 I dropped out of school three times. And I didn't do all that well after that either until I went back after I got clean and KICKED BUTT in that substance abuse counseling program. You'll do great, I'm sure!!

I'm grateful to Margo for starting this new thread for us. Thank you, margo!!

And I'm grateful that I finally made it back to our area Public Information meeting last night. I'm the secretary and I hadn't been able to make it in a couple of months. I love doing NA service work. Now I have to find time to type up the minutes! LOL.

Love and hugs,

Lbad 05-26-2006 06:04 AM

I am grateful that today I have 365 days off methadone and 1220 days off illicit drugs and alcohol.
I am so proud and happy.
Thanks for always being here Eddie, Richie and Kevin.
Lots of love to everyone else too.

Richie 05-26-2006 03:35 PM

:ny9 Congratulations,L!!!:ny9

I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend.
God bless.

bats_haven 05-26-2006 03:47 PM

CONGRATULATIONS L !!!!!!!!!

I am grateful to hear other peoples successes in recovery.

Mike

eddie z. 05-26-2006 06:14 PM

L,
Please visit this thread!!

I am grateful I got to talk to my middle sister-in-law today. It had been ages and ages. It looks like she is going to be leaving Portland, OR and coming back here to NC soon. I'm grateful for that, too. I love my husband's sisters, all three of them.

I'm also grateful for being able to help my mom out financially after she helped me so much while I was out of work. I picked up her prescriptions and took them to her and when she asked me what she owed me, I just said forget about it. That's a good feeling!!

Have to go in to work now. Duty calls...on a beeper. LOL.

Love and hugs,

nogard 05-26-2006 06:23 PM

way to go L :)

I am grateful that its the weekend and that I have decided to do somethings that I want to do.

Kevin

eddie z. 05-27-2006 04:54 PM

Good Sunday morning, Kevin!! What are you up to? I'm actually getting ready to go to bed here super-early because I'm really bushed.

But I am grateful that I managed to squeeze a workout and tanning in this morning between calls. That's a minor miracle considering how busy I've been with work today.

And I'm grateful for central air-conditioning in the house, too. It's been rather muggy here over the last day or so. Now I think I'll hit the sack in my nice cool bedroom.

Love and hugs,

bats_haven 05-27-2006 06:11 PM

Good Evening All

What is this Thanks thing about? Hmmm I guess you shouldn't hit the button if you dont know what it is for :wink

Today I am grateful to be alive and able to appreciate things for what they are, not like before when I never cared really about anything

Mike

nogard 05-27-2006 06:17 PM

Hi eddie, L, Richie and Mike.

I was a little ill yesterday, I think I had been overdoing it so I stayed at home and looked after myself. Today I feel a little better and will chop some wood and go to a meeting as well as visit my ex and my daughter.

I heard someone share on Friday night, they talked about Love and said that it was possible for us all, I cried.

Love Kevin

eddie z. 05-28-2006 06:10 AM

Hey, Mike and Kevin!! Yeah, I hit the thanks button just to see what it did and had to retract my thanks 'cause I had thanked myself. LOL.

Glad you are feeling better, Kevin!!

I am grateful this morning that they let me sleep all night without paging me.

And grateful we have a clothes washer and dryer here at home, so I can do my laundry in my underwear without having to worry about anybody seeing me. LOL.

Love and hugs,

Lbad 05-28-2006 06:41 AM

Ha! Ha! Eddie,
Your post made me laugh out loud for real !!!!
I am grateful for all my on-line friends who probably know more about me on average than my in person friends.
Thank you all for your love and support on my no more methadone anniversary.
Eddie, Have a great day. Richie hope you have one too. Kevin happy Monday to you.
Eddie, I am grateful I have clean underwear!(without holes). ha ha :)