Grateful!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2006, 05:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Grateful for a better than average weekend......... :bun5
Old 04-18-2006, 11:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

grateful for this awesome spring weather, for my life...and al the good friends I have!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hiya Tam.... their's a dude that comes around the room, Bob'o i call um ....when asked how his day was?... the answer always is average...sos, nice that your day was bet'a than average loveyaandtanks,allgoodwishesandteachonlylove, Pattee(_z_)
Old 04-18-2006, 11:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

LOL>thanks Patrick! I was elated that I had a 'better than average' weekend...it rocked!!!!

Hope you are well.................****{hugs}}}
Old 04-22-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am very grateful today........

For my LIFE
my children who teachme all I REALLY need to know!
for my husband..who is working with me on our marriage...
supporting me writing a recovery book! He ACTUALLY told me he thinks it would be a best seller!!!! HE DOES believe in me.......I had been believing he hated me.......As I have come to understand though...he was hurt more
than I could bear to believe about my addiction years...........the suicide attempts....the days of paranoia and hate and rage....and sickness.while he kept on working........kept on doing the next right thing.kept telling me zI coudl make it........he was threatened at first by my recovery process
I now drive........I leave the house.....I am trying to build a career and contribute financially..........I voice my opinions......I stand up for myself.I don't pop a pill and retreat.................
he has been scared I would leave him.........he lives in great physical pain....and ha shis own emotional issues also......it isn't all about mE......
I have hope for my marriage today!!!!!!!!! That brings tears of joy.........I love my husband sooooo much. We are talking civil to each other.......

Just got off the phone with him and he was sharing some tips for my research.....how to get money to do so.........
HE LOVES ME!! He was just scared.........and I was too busy to shut my mouth.and allow him to adjust to the new me........he is gone all week so
we have basically a long distance relationship.........he couldn't come home this weekend.......it's hard for him.....very hard.

Had to share that............I am just amazed at what love and understanding can accomplish.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Your daughter is beautiful, copierguy!

It can get better my friend....I had to fake it til I made it at first......hated being sober.....hated using...hated life.........you know the drill....

Gratitude journals helped me alot...............**************{hugs}}}}}}}}
Old 04-23-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am grateful when others help me to "see" what I am missing. Grateful for honest sharing........and true caring.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Gratefull for Big Foot... the best sponser for me... help'
d get me get thru a tuff time, and more importantly, show'd me how to grow from it... ty BF... and all of you................... all good wishes, and of course teach only love... Pattee
Old 04-28-2006, 02:59 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thank you SR for all you gave me. I hoped to return what I could. I think I have, mostly. It is time to move on now. Thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart all who helped me, all who loved me right where I was, who cheered me on..who listened with me, cried with me, laughed and joked with me....I will always carry you in my heart.............always.
It's now time for me to live on the sunnier side of Doubt. Time to to move on.

********************{warmest tightest hugs ever}}}}}}}}}}}
Old 04-28-2006, 11:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

2stop...

You amaze me.. I smile at your posts. You are so warm, and generous, and kind,
and caring when ever you post to anyone. I was reading your graditude list. I can't even tell you what brought me to it. I don't normally read these, but I believe the big man upstairs is talking to me about it.. I think he directed me here, for some reason..

..As I have come to understand though...he was hurt more
than I could bear to believe about my addiction years...........the suicide attempts....the days of paranoia and hate and rage....and sickness.while he kept on working........kept on doing the next right thing.kept telling me zI coudl make it........he was threatened at first by my recovery process
I now drive........I leave the house.....I am trying to build a career and contribute financially..........I voice my opinions......I stand up for myself.I don't pop a pill and retreat.................
he has been scared I would leave him.........he lives in great physical pain....and ha shis own emotional issues also......it isn't all about mE......
I believe this is why I was directed here.. I do. This really hit home for me.
My marriage was SO terrible, for so long. But it is simply amazing what love, respect,
caring, and SUPPORT can do for a marriage. God can restore marriages. I do believe that. Mine is so much better today.

I needed to learn to stop blaming my husband for everything that ever went wrong in
our life. That was HUGE, just realizing that I was doing that. I know that's not what you wrote about, but that was a huge part of my problem,..

But what you did write, I do relate to very much. I hurt my husband so much.
It's amazing that he stuck through all I put him, and my family through.

Today I love him more than I ever thought possible. We may have our moments,
but it is still better than it ever was..

Thanks for writing what you did. I have ALOT to be grateful for. You reminded me that.

You are such a great girl..

Many prayers to you Tammy,,
Love,
Becky
Old 05-03-2006, 05:56 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning 2stop!

You make me grin

2many
Old 08-28-2006, 06:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

GRATITUDE is what keeps me going.

I am sooo grateful to be going along relatively smoothly.

So very grateful to be alive........AND well.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Tammie!

I JUST NOW saw that you're back! The last post I'd seen of yours was the one on this thread from 4/28, so I thought you were gone.

It's good to know you've been around, and to see your giving & positive spirit in action. I'm thankful for you!

Take care,
Jane
Old 08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

******************{JANE}}}}}}}}}} Good tp see ya girl!!! Missed ya... sending warm hugs your way.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Almost forgot..I ma so grateful for my 10 week old black and white Shih-tzu puppy....He is so beautiful and loving.His name is Romeo. He is alot of joy...
Old 08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

OOOOH! Congrats on the puppy! "Happiness is a warm puppy"--that's what Charles Schultz used to say. (Kitties are good, too )

I am infinitely thankful for my two pups. They add such joy and humor to my life.

--Jane
P.S. I love your signature quote. Good words!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Have missed my gratitude list here.......I am grateful to be back and posting!

I have a heck of a summer....lost my drivers license for 2 months for passing a school bus.was answering my cell phone and didn't see it....I was the one always yelling at people to get off their cell phone.learned my lesson! I had only started driving after severe debilitating panic attacks lat November,,,haven't had my license back ayear and then this......ughhhh!! But it is okay.......it will work out, my poor son had major suregery Saturday for cut tendons and a nerve in his wrist afetr slamming it through the front door glass..................and last night poor son stepped on 4 week old kitty and gave it a real good concussion and some internal bruising.....poor kitty is at the vet all night, hopefully can bring her home later today...........

the grateful part is this.aftre so many years of struggling and trying to figure out how to live with the least amount of pain and trouble.I have surrendered to the fact life happens............and it happens good bad and ugly.ya gotta roll with it, but ya gotta keep your soul and your spirit centered and focused on your purpose, on a higher level than anger and frustration and sadness and regret and self contemt............Life is so beautiful..even with my fibromyalgia, even with the trials.....it is so good. I used to hate life....resented it, avoided it.tried to terminate it early...............but
I am alive today, in every way......and I am so grateful!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

nice to see ya Tamm ... greatfull for that.

you know that old saying ... you cant teach a old dog new tricks?

well one can, with love and kindness ...

all good wishes Tamm, and give only love .............. pattee
Old 08-29-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

****{Rusty}}} How are ya doing? Good to see you....you, as all the others have remained in my heart and my prayers, and even a few tears.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:24 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Tamm, thanks for ask'n, and you know Tamm ... i'm alright, and i like it ... i'm gratefull for that.

agw & gol, ..... pattee