Notices

Exposing God

Old 01-08-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
they took my picture

Exposing God

What miracle has God performed in your life? What gifts do you have that you might be taking God for granted?

God has allowed me to ovecome what was impossible for me because I believed it was possible with God, I suspect.

God struck me down and opened mt eyes, made me see what I really was. Losing everything I thought was important made me see what was truly important and that life was precious and I was dead!

God ressurected me and loved me and it changed me forever -2 years ago it was !!! I have live more in these two than the first 29 leaving out the first 5 before i hid the child.

God has given me love and it makes break throughs, since then both my parents have said they love me. That is something I really needed.

Bradley
Old 01-08-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toforever
What miracle has God performed in your life? What gifts do you have that you might be taking God for granted?

God has allowed me to ovecome what was impossible for me because I believed it was possible with God, I suspect.

Bradley

My favorite verse is Phillipians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength.

I have a miracle to share. My mother had been praying for me for weeks in my final run with the crack devil. She went to church one Sunday and saw a vision of me in the back of the church while she was singing in the choir. I looked all skinny and withdrawn. She closed her eyes to stop the tears, and I was gone. Later that night, my cousin, who hadn't seen me since I was a child, told my mother he would go find me. They said a prayer, she gave him a recent picture, and he found me within an hour. The most amazing part, is that I had decided that I was going to the detox center the next day, and had prayed that God would keep me true to that. So, he sent my cousin to pick me up, just as I had started thinking about how to get my next hit. That, my friend, was a miracle.

Sherry
Old 01-08-2006, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
they took my picture

That is so great and inspiring!!! I'm so happy you have been so blessed, truly!!! How are you doing now? How long has it been?

Bradley
Old 01-08-2006, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, I haven't chased the crack devil in almost 2 years. I have had trouble giving up the pot, though. It's been 30 days since that. I was in denial for a long time, thinking only crack would kill me. I know different now.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have me thinking. See, God performs small miracles every day. Most go unnoticed. See, I am now thinking of God a little more often, because my faith was reinforced through some of your posts I read yesterday. Do you think that was a coincident? Around Christmas time I got a pm from someone who was a christian, to offer me support. He sends people to help others. He sent you to me for something, even as simple as thinking of him more often. Have a great day Bradley!
Old 01-09-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
they took my picture

I still have a lot of hurt inside. Thanks for digging some of that up through taking the time and love to tell me that. You made me cry, I think because I feel like its been so long since I could see I helped someone. It feels like my life is like this burden to people and it feels so sad because I love them so much. I shut myself away because I don't want to hurt them by my mere existence.

I have lost the priviledge of so much dear company this way, but also it has taught me how to be alone and I needed that eventually. It really sems to be aweful and horrible the way we need somethings tragic to go through to get closer to God, ourselves and love but I find myself always atleast thankful afterwards, usuallty not actually during the pain and hardships though.

I always feel like what you need God will give you if you are trying and with him, so I still keep things lost in my mind and carry hope thinking maybe God will see it time to restore them someday. You see, you are a miracle to me today because you just brought something back that had been lost to me... thats a feeling of being apreciated.

Bradley
Old 01-09-2006, 08:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I still think it is amazing how God can put people together to bring out good in them. We have both been blessed by you glancing upon my name. I think that is really cool.

I hear what you mean about going through hardships and not knowing why until through the crisis. I strongly believe that God puts those struggles in our lives to make us stronger. He is always there, though. As long as we don't forget to ask for his help.

Thank you for reaching out to me. This is a true blessing.

Sherry
Old 01-10-2006, 12:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
they took my picture

Let it be known that with God, something bad we can turn to good in the most amazing and simple ways.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I think because I feel like its been so long since I could see I helped someone.
Thing is, we touch lives all the time and we may never see how much we help. Seeing the help is a blessing. Understanding at there may be 1000 people that we don't see is it's own blessing as well.
but also it has taught me how to be alone
I found that when I was in a crowd at a party, I felt alone. Home in my one room apartment, I felt the room was filled because I knew the Lord was with me.
Something that was pointed out to me one day... Alone in an empty room, we know He is with us. We need to remember, he is with us always...even at crowded parties.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
they took my picture

~~Where is God? I don't know...I don' know~~

~~~I guess God is a bit sneaky. my plan to wxpose him didn't flourish, yet it worked a bit miraculously right here. Hmmm, who knows maybe you are alll just in my head or this computer~~~

BJ
Old 01-17-2006, 04:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

~~~I guess God is a bit sneaky. my plan to wxpose him didn't flourish, yet it worked a bit miraculously right here. Hmmm, who knows maybe you are alll just in my head or this computer~~~

BJ
I don't think so we are as real as it can get unless you go outside... anyway good to see this post I am alive today and haven't relapsed so another day...

Love vic
Old 01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
they took my picture

You are not real iif I go outside?

BJ
Old 01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

You are not real iif I go outside?

BJ
I didn't say we were not real if you go outside

I said....
we are as real as it can get unless you go outside.
Otherwards when you go outside there will be people just like us but you never see us unless you have a webcam
Old 01-17-2006, 04:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
they took my picture

How do you know that I am not sitting on the beach with a laptop?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

How do you know that I am not sitting on the beach with a laptop?
Well I would think that you are honest enough or at least we try to be. I don't know I take your word on it that is how trust is built up and you know how trust is torn down also right?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I find that I am very awe struck that I can breath and my heart beats without me having to think about it at all to me it seem like something God does...
Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
they took my picture

Mracle Of Life
Old 02-03-2006, 10:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

exposing God! Wow - in almost 5 years that list is pretty intense.

First year - got me into a spiritual family that has supported my growth as a follower of Jesus, brought people to me who hooked me up with a support system that I recognize essential to my early recovery, took me out of a lose-lose relationship, got him sober then when his house blew-up, I wasn't in it - saved my life AGAIN... , AND - God paid my DUI fines - yes He did, I sure didn't and they have been cleared!
Emotional healing, freedom from the pain of abandonment, there were so many deadly wounds - they are still being mended - that is a process - no drive-thru breakthroughs there, but they are not nearly as deep as they once were.
He has taken away the compulsion and the confusion and oh how about taking me from helpless and hopeless to someone who is now filled with an extra measure of Faith. He has given me HOPE. He is my constant companion my source of light, love and life. God is my hope, my peace, my strength, my all.

Exposing God. How nice.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:15 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
they took my picture

bless you, i'm not messing with exposing anyting anymore though reallly. If God wants me to do something, I want to be me and then I will do it.. This forced serventile BS has made me a slave to the Devil and my self liberated really set me loose in a jungle of predators. So maybe thats why God stays out of the spotlight and in places where you find real heros.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
High on Jesus

GOD has really moved in my life. You see while I was using and drinking I lost everything, my home, my self respect and all of my true friends where angry at me. GOD gave me another chance and now im clean, have a new home and all my friends are proud of me, the self respect is also coming back to.