Notices

Today I am grateful my b/f had to work this weekend

Old 10-08-2005, 10:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful my b/f had to work this weekend

Ahhhh, October in Wisconsin......so beautiful. And what a beautiful weekend I had planned with my boyfriend. He lives about 300 miles north of me and I was to spend the weekend with him at his place. The autumn colors up by him are at peak right now and it would have been a wonderful time to "reconnect" since we ounly get to see each other about once every 4 to 6 weeks.

Well, on Thursday he found out he had to work in New Jersey all weekend We were both really bumbed. So, what did I do Thursday night? I went out with my friend for "A" beer......Yeah right.....that turned into yet another night of drinking WAY too much and proceeding to drive home!!!

It was Friday, October 7th, that I started posting here regarding my concern for my drinking. It was Friday, October 7th that I received soooooo much support from all you good folks here at SR. Had it not been for my b/f having to work this weekend, I would not have decided to change my life around. I would have once again dismissed my night of drinking as poor judgement and that "it won't happen again"

So, I am actually grateful that my b/f DID have to work and that we COULDN'T see eachother because I am here instead.......working on getting better!!!