Notices

I am grateful for the past, present AND future

Old 09-19-2005, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the past, present AND future

I am grateful for my past......if not for the experiences I have had (endured perhaps?) I would not be the person I am today. I would not have grown the way I have. I would not be able to appreciate the wonder in life the way I do today. I would probably still take so many of the little things for granted. I would not be the parent I am today. I would not recognize that when "looking for love"........it is definately NOT the quantity but the quality.

I can hear "I love you" 8 bazillion times a day, get roses for every occasion, get jewelry for my birthday, my favorite perfume for Christmas....... but if these are all done without sincerity, or ACTUAL love to back them up, they mean nothing. However, I can hear "I love you" only a few times a week, get a SINGLE flower maybe once a year and receive gifts that cost no money......but KNOW and FEEL I am truely loved because there is warmth, honesty and sincerity behind these things. Actions DO speak louder than words.

I am grateful for my present because it gives me the opportunity to put the wisdom I have gained from my past into use. It gives me the opportunity to make mistakes but know that there is a future to work on those mistakes. It gives me the opportunity to CONTINUE to grow.

I am grateful for the future because it holds no limits!!! My future is exactly that.......MINE.........and it will become what I choose to make of it!!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is exactly how I feel, although I would change the gift items.

Would have never had those thoughts if I didn't become sober.

Ain't life grand when you can think clearly and really "live" life.