Notices

Great Experience – Ever So Thankful

Old 09-19-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great Experience – Ever So Thankful

My wife and I had just had a most wonderful experience with the wedding of our daughter this last Saturday. We enjoyed the ceremony as well and the reception and the “celebration” did not bother me at all.

One slight problem was that my wife broke her ankle just the Tuesday before the wedding, but we still shuffled through a few dances. She is such a trooper and my constant inspiration on my never ending road to recovery.

Made the Father of the Bride Toast with Iced Tea, and never thought twice about a drink, etc. We both had a quiet smile and we knew that I would actually REMEMBER the entire experience, moment by moment.

While the bride and groom partied a little too hard, the next morning not only did they thank us both for the wedding, but they added that my “new” way was the “only” way, especially with four children to raise together (6, 9 12 and 14). That comment will carry me on for a real long time.

Yes, rather broke at the moment, but then I think about all the bucks I poured down my throat over the years, and this cost was so small in comparison yet so much of a total family experience.

Just made me feel real good and every so grateful for all that have helped on my never ending road to sobriety. So, my sincere thanks for all here as this place has truly contributed to my sobriety.

For all of us that struggle (and who doesn't), it is events and moments like this, that make life ever so meaningful and success so beautiful.