Notices

Grateful.... Me????

Old 07-26-2005, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Grateful.... Me????

Grateful…. Me??? Am I? I don’t know. I would like to think that I am. I would hope that my actions in life display measures of gratefulness. I desire to show kindness, compassion, generosity and gentleness towards others as they come across my path, I endeavor to do just that. I believe I am a grateful person. As we all face a world full of such ugliness, wars, murder, hatred, hunger and the like; yet beauty remains to strengthen us, I am grateful.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Grateful… Me??? As my heart searches for an absolute regarding this it tells me that being grateful must begin by showing kindness, compassion, generosity and gentleness to me. To care for myself, to stand sober, strong as steel and to forgive myself for past mistakes, to know that when I stumble, tumble and fall I can pick myself up with gentleness and let the spirit of gratefulness rest on me.

<o:p></o:p>

Grateful… Me??? My heart has only just begun to learn what grateful is for I am only know learning to be grateful for me……..
Old 07-27-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

I am grateful that I DID NOT make that "fateless" turn on my way home last night!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Grateful… Me??? As my heart searches for an absolute regarding this it tells me that being grateful must begin by showing kindness, compassion, generosity and gentleness to me. To care for myself, to stand sober, strong as steel and to forgive myself for past mistakes, to know that when I stumble, tumble and fall I can pick myself up with gentleness and let the spirit of gratefulness rest on me.

Great post Charlene. For me being grateful is an action word too.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

That has to be tough living in Sin City. First time to vegas, cocktail waitress would come by I'd never see her again with my drink. 3 years later, I'm in recovery and they're around every 5 minutes asking u if, you want a cocktail. I got a bottle of soda on Freemont street and just drank that.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Hey Cap,

Yea it can be tough to live here in Vegas and have an addictive personality such as I. I don't ever seem to do anything without over-do-ing-it. But in reality it isn't Vegas as much as it is me, it would be tough anywhere I choose to live if I don't strenghthen my self-discipline and remain in control of my life, ya knowww!!
I hope you had a good one today....
Old 07-28-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Day 7.... and counting....

Today I am grateful that I woke with a zing in my step, wittiness on my tounge and feeling GREAT...... (pert near back to ol sassy self!)

Although knowing I had challenges to face with work and family (just like everyday), I felt eager to greet the day and felt assured and strong.

I somehow knew that what ever snip-snapping, flip-flopping, rip-roaring or even heart-breaking thing I had to deal with during the day, I was going to be well able.

Hey.... wait a minute....I wonder????.... could I be bi-polar.... LOL
Old 07-28-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Ouch,

I wondered who stepped on my back

Love to sit back and watch the miracle happen
Old 07-29-2005, 08:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Every day is a good day!

Hey Cap,
Like that huh, well check out the tread I started this morning.... it's a ???? Zinger!!!!
Have a wonderful day.