Notices

Grateful for The Light

Old 06-09-2005, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful for The Light

Tonight I am grateful for the house of SR and all the love and support and encouragement and friendship that dwells within. I am grateful that the light here is always burning in the window, welcoming newcomers and waiting for old friends to return. It' a house of spirit and a house of miracles, and I am grateful.

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-11-2005, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Ann, so beautiful and I totally agree!
Old 06-17-2005, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today, I am grateful that when my light begins to fade, I can come here and take comfort in the light that others share with me, even as a beacon in my darkness. Today I will remember to be grateful for the light that never goes out here, and I will stand in that light until my own is rekindled.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful for a warm summer day full of sunshine and the smell of freshly mown grass, for the sound of seagulls calling me to the beach, and for all those things I dreamed about in February.

It is close to the equinox and I am grateful for all the extra light that this time of year brings. :e03c
Old 06-19-2005, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful for the sound of the birds singing outside my window, serenading me as the morning light shines through the cedars. I am grateful that today is a "free' day for me, all mine to enjoy anyway I choose, and I choose to live it well and enjoy every moment.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful for the full moon that shone through my window last night, keeping me company in the quiet hours. And for the light of the summer solstice that reminds me that life has it's seasons, seasons of light and of darkness and of changes in between, and that each brings a lesson and a gift as my life changes in harmony with the universe.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful to not be living in the darkness anymore. Tonight, my darkness is lit by the full moon again, and by the love of my friends in recovery.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful that today is over and that tomorrow will bring new light and new hope. And I'm grateful for a little boy down the street who brought me flowers from his mom's garden to thank me for letting him play with my cat.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful that I don't have to work tomorrow and can spend some time at the beach. I'm grateful that I can try to catch up on some badly needed sleep, and nap if that doesn't happen. And I'm grateful for something I read tonight that added hope and light to my heart.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful for the "perfect" summer day today and for the gentle breeze that will keep me cool when I head for the beach...it's going to be a scorcher - my favourite kind of day.

I'm grateful for about 3 "coincidences" this morning already that put before me exactly what I needed and has lifted my heart and added more light.

I'm grateful that the nightmares last night didn't last long, and that I got to sleep in today to make up for lost sleep.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful today, for another sunny day and for the children on the beach who were flying kites and laughing, reminding me that life can and should be fun and carefree. Today I am grateful that I was able to notice that and feel the happiness that came from their laughter.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm grateful tonight for what has been a peaceful weekend and for the inspiration I received from my friends here. I'm grateful for a quiet summer night and for the little boy next door who brought me a piece of his birthday cake
Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for the beach, my place of peace.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm grateful tonight to still have my job when it looked like my company might fold. I'm grateful for something JT posted that touched my heart and made me think. And I'm grateful for Toby, my cat, who never fails to make me laugh and who takes very special care of me, even bringing me his "trophies"
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm grateful tonight for the promise of a lovely summer weekend, 4 days long, and for someone who sent me "special" words tonight that lifted my spirits and made me smile.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for good memories of better times.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for my recovery and for my friends, together they see me through troubled times. I am grateful for special friendships that make it through testing times, and most of all I am thankful for my faith, the light on my path. I'm grateful for the light, once again.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for surprises, the good kind that just show up when you're not looking.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm grateful tonight for another beautiful summer day, a moonlit night and for my beach. I'm grateful for a peaceful heart.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for the since-childhood friendship of a man named Robbie, who lost his life to addiction this past week.

I'm grateful for all the silly childhood memories, for the daffodils and blackballs he gave me in 10th grade, for the sweet poem he wrote me when we graduated from high school that I still have and most of all for a special place in his heart, as he has in mine. Life may be short, but memories last forever. My candle is lit for Robbie and his family tonight.