Notices

Grateful for The Light

Old 09-15-2005, 07:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for the light of the full moon shining in my window through the trees. I am grateful for all the natural beauty that surrounds me, for the leaves that are beginning to turn red and yellow, for the deer that I pass each morning on my drive to work, for the lake and all it's moods from mirror calm to crashing waves, and for the most beautiful sunsets in the world.

I am grateful for my health, so I can walk and see and hear and smell all that surrounds me, and for the peace that remains in my heart.

I truly am grateful.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Today I am grateful for a wonderful Al Anon group. Tonight we had newcomers and it was obvious they were trying to figure out just what this Al Anon is all about. A lady asked how long all of us had been coming to Al Anon so we went around the table and told. Most just shared what Al Anon has meant to them and how the 12 step program has helped us not only deal with the alcoholic/addicted loved one, but how the program bleeds over into all areas of our lives.

The woman then asked, "So when you leave here, you feel better?"

I heartily nodded my head, smiled and told her, "This is THE BEST counseling I could ever get. And an added bonus is that it is free!" I told her money couldn't buy what I've received through this program.

I am so thankful, so very thankful for what Al Anon and this board have given to me. I am still such a babe in the program but I wouldn't trade what I've learned for anything in the world.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:00 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It sounds like you have a wonderful group, Hangin'. And if you are a babe in the woods, I am an embryo. You have steered me to a better path more times than I can count and you have the best shoulder for leaning on, and a way of making me laugh until I hurt.

Glad you had a good night.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:59 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful that my Toby was found to be healthy as a horse, which is pretty good for a cat, at the vets today.

I am grateful for a beautiful day of leisure and peace, and for a quiet evening and an owl hooting outside my window in the cedar trees. I think that is good luck.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:50 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for a good day yesterday with older daughter who is getting married. We went top look at china, crystal, etc and had an enjoyable time.

Now here's the mama in me: At times I can look at my daughter and her fiancee and see things that cause me concern. BUT, the good thing is that I have a program that teaches me I have to let go and let God. THAT is such a better way to live than the way I used to. So when I start to go down that dead end road of worry, I at least know to put the brakes on and turn around. Now that's not to say that I don't turn BACK around and head down it again (ok, so I have NO sense of direction... ) but I think I'm finding myself heading north more than south on most days. (Oh my, don't know if that is a good thing being a died in the wool southerner. )

So today I'm thankful for nice, enjoyable days. And also thankful that I don't need to borrow trouble for tomorrow.

And Ann, glad Toby got a good check up. These pets are like family members, aren't they?
Old 09-18-2005, 05:00 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Hangin' In
BUT, the good thing is that I have a program that teaches me I have to let go and let God. THAT is such a better way to live than the way I used to. So when I start to go down that dead end road of worry, I at least know to put the brakes on and turn around.
And I am grateful that you gave ME the "driver's refresher course" and taught me all about staying away from those dead end roads of worry." They never take us anyplace good and although my thoughts may head in that direction, I have learned to make a U-turn on a dime and head someplace better. The wonderful thing is that God doesn't hand out tickets, only lessons and new directions.

Love you, my southern belle friend, and if you find yourself heading north, you know where I live.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:48 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Today I am grateful that through my Higher Power and through myself seeking Him that I have a new pair of glasses to look through. I am very grateful for the change of heart that has came over me here the past few days, for the beauty in life that I for so long forgot or could not enjoy, for peace of mind, for all of the trials that I have had to go through to get where I am today. For the love of all fellowships and also for the love of my SR family. I am grateful that today I am able to be of service, to do things different, and to be content for the journey of my life.

Love Vic
Old 09-21-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your light is shining bright, Vic. Shine on!!

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-21-2005, 07:28 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful tonight to have a job that I usually like, and if it really stinks sometimes, like right now, LOL, I am grateful that I can see my way through the day and know that I won't be this busy forever.

I'm grateful for a grouchy boss, who has taught me the lesson of tolerance, and grateful for those who, when I ask nicely to hold my calls, annoy me to death by telling me each time I get a message exactly who it was from and what they wanted...instead of waiting for me to collect the messages when I am prepared to return the calls...for they teach me to be grateful for my hearing and for having more than half a brain.

Some days I have to dig deep, but sure enough the gratitude is still there.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

So, Ann, I guess I should say that today I am grateful for the employee who just up and left town on me this past Monday. No notice, no nothing, just left. And she was one of my BETTER employees. No, no wait. Not grateful for the employee that left, but grateful that I don't have the problems that this employee has that made her run. Although if the truth be known, we do have a lot of the same problems. We just choose to handle them differently.

So today I am grateful that I don't have ALL of the same problems this woman has. Today I am grateful that I have children that are growing away from me for that tells me that my job as a parent has been somewhat okay because, after all, aren't we supposed to grow these youngin's up to be independent?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:31 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We are truly blessed, Hangin'
Old 09-25-2005, 07:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I will remember to be grateful for all the goodness in my life and all the good people who support me, and even for those who don't.

I am grateful that it is raining and for the sound of thunder over the lake. It a peaceful sound to me, and today I will embrace peace within and without.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-25-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful that I feel good enough to go to work and work long hours. Lately my office staff has really been struggling, each girl with her own problem. And as I look at them and see all they are going through, it makes me realize how blessed I am to have my health and mostly good attitude...
Old 09-27-2005, 07:46 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for good friends here and a best friend who is coming to visit this coming weekend.

I'm grateful my accounting program got scrambled because I am learning all sorts of things about computers that I didn't know and may one day care about and for extreme job insecurity through the financial struggles of my company because it may mean I have to take some time to find a fun job that I really like.

I'm grateful for a million stars shining down on me and the one that I wish on every night.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This morning I am grateful for a beautiful autumn weekend and a visit from my best friend. I am grateful for elephants and an adorable 12 year old named Kirby who sang a song for his Nanny and made me cry. I am grateful for a 53 pound cabbage and a 1185 lb. pumpkin that were entered in the fair contest here so I could meet Harry again, who I hadn't seen in 25 years.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:28 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful for another beautiful autumn day and for sunshine that makes the leaves even prettier. I am grateful that my grandfather taught me how to make a wreath out of red maple leaves and pinecones because each year when I make one, it brings back wonderful memories of that dear old man and all the wreaths we made together when I was a young child.

I am grateful for the full harvest moon that lights up my night and my spirit, and for the peace I feel this time of year.

Most of all, I am grateful for all the wonderful friends in my life, and all the love and support I have received each day.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for good friends who understand me and care. I'm grateful for the light they bring to my heart.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for the wind and the sound of the waves off the lake, for the world's most affectionate cat curled on my lap, and for wonderful friends who make me smile.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful that the blizzard is over and also that it gave me two days off work to rest up and get a few things done.

I'm grateful for friends who make me smile, and for all that is good in my life.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Tonight I am grateful for the smiles of children, the Santa Clause parade and stars in the sky. Most of all I am grateful for the magic and wonder that I see in the eyes these children and the hope in their hearts.