Notices

Thank God for....

Old 07-20-2005, 04:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

"We admitted we were powerless over our addiction, and our lives had become unmanageable." Step 1, NA Basic text.

Have you ever wondered why every step, except #12 starts with "WE"????
There is a great strength in making a verbal admission of our powerlessness.We become members of a collective "WE"...no longer do we have to stay clean alone. Two addicts are in good company.....I am thankful for the "WE" of this program..If you want what "we" have and are willing to take certain steps....
Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation

Have you ever really prayed? Not when you were drunk or high, or asking for something???Our spiritual side needs prayer and meditation.For a successful recovery we must strengthen our spiritual side.When we do this our lives take on a deeper meaning and we strengthen our faith. By surrendering control, we gain a far greater power. We ask for help, and listen for answer. In my insanity days, I just wanted to stop hurting. But I wanted my way..if my way was so good why was I hurting so bad??? I'm not perfect, by no means..my therapist can tell you that!haha.I am just so thankful that my God allows me to ask and to listen...What are you grateful for??? Have you said thank you, to your God??
Old 07-22-2005, 05:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Arrow

:hoo I know I have written about my mother alot. But again, I have to stress why I am so grateful for her. She was an alcoholic/addict for many years, when I was an adolesant. And now, she's been clean for 17 years,or so. I know if she got thru it, I can. I'm so grateful that we are close, so I can talk to her about my addictions. She even goes to meetings with me. That's so awesome! At first, I was a little nervous about it, but now, it's great...thank you God, for all you've given me back...
Old 07-23-2005, 06:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation

Today, I am thankful for the God of my understanding...He lifted me up when I was down and broken, and little by little, I am getting my life back. He has given me so much..and for that, today I will try and be the best I can be...Just for today..I will thank my God...
Old 07-24-2005, 02:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Smile

Today, I am grateful for love. Although, I know my God, mother, friends, fellowship, etc..love me, I must learn to love myself. Some of us spend our whole life looking for love, when all along, it is inside of us. Love might be a feeling and a gift, but its alot of hard work...noone can give me love unless I let them in. Today I am grateful that the love I have been looking for all my life, is right in front of me, when I open my eyes to see it. I am grateful that I can love myself today....
Old 07-25-2005, 04:07 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Today I am thankful for the choice...what do I mean? Well, I am thankful that God gives us free will to choose. We can be or do anything we CHOOSE to do. It is never too late for anything. Today I can choose not to use, just for today. If we use this for positive things, to promote life and healing, to help another, etc....we will be experiencing so much....next year I start college, again..I choose to go back, and further my education even more...I have the choice to live or to die, by using...Today I choose to live..to feel...to experience...Just for today..I choose.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation

:hoo Today I AM THANKFUL FOR.....my boyfriend. Yes, I know, I don't talk about him much. I guess I have kept all that love inside, and cherished it. Anyway, He has been with me since my madness started again. It has almost been a year now, and there is so many things he has done for me, I am speechless. I love him so much. I am so thankful that he didn't run and hide. I really put him through hell. He has stuck by me, loved me, and believed in me, even when I didn't. God blessed me with him. I can't begin to tell you all the things he does for me and my mother. He loves us both so much..it makes me cry when I think of how great he is...I am so thankful that; HE CHOSE TO LOVE ME...and keep loving me, through the hell I put him through....he is my ANGEL.....
Old 07-27-2005, 03:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Today I am thankful for, change. Change? you ask. Yes, thats what I said. I know we hate to change. But with it, many rewards follow. We mature, get more patient, get reisistance to instant gratification, and help our sobriety. Along with many more benefits.I know, for me, its scary to change. But I must change my character defects in order to stay sober. And now, I am willing to do whatever is necessary to stay clean. Are you? Change is uncomfortable at first, but if you see the 'glass half full' you will make it alot easier....so today, I am thankful for the new adventures that await me....
Old 07-28-2005, 03:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Smile

Today, I thank my God for, the new life He has given me. No, its not any of my live's, before or after I became an addict. I know I have been an addict all my life. I see that now. But today, I surrender to Him, that is the differrence. Sometimes I stray, but He always brings me back.I have to give it away in order to keep it..thats just how it is, and how it works for me. My program, I have, is very strick. I am a 'high-risk', thats what they tell me. All I know is I AM GOING TO MAKE IT THIS TIME, Just for today...I will be grateful for all that He has given me back....
Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

I am thankful that I know God is with me...I have court today, some of my naughtyness when I was in my madness,....I am very nervous, there are things that haven't been resolved yet, and won't be, I hope, for awhile. I pray that all of you are with me today, as my strength. The strength of my program, comes from all of you . One addict helping another addict is without parrelll...I need you today, to be with me....I will hold you inside, as I stand proud and free from the disease that haunted me for so long...and still does, when I let it... Thank you .... thank you so much, for allowing me the strength to get through the next step......
Old 07-30-2005, 02:07 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation

Today I am thankful for another day clean...I am always thankful for that, but sometimes God needs to hear us say it. To humble ourselves.He will help me when I need it, and when I am doing the right thing..I am very thankful for that.I am thankful that He is always listening and seeing.....He is allowing me to live, just for today. There are so many things I can say that I am thankful for. My appreciation will be showed by staying clean, Just for today...
Old 07-31-2005, 04:19 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Today I am so thankful for all the things God has given me back....I am thankful for the peace that I am finally getting....for my family, my friends{in & out of the program},the program I choose to have, the will to do the right thing, the doctors, and hospitals & medication, the desire not to use - Just for today..,....I am just so thankful, today I will humble myself & listen to God...
Old 08-01-2005, 03:37 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation

Today I am thankful for ,......the opportunity to go to church...yesterday, I lost it in church 3 times...I don't know what came over me but, tears started to flow. Maybe it was because we read my favorite story....the fish and the bread & all the people. I felt a true closeness to my God when I was there yesterday, I was so touched....I am thankful that He is allowing me to feel again..crying is a form of humility and growth, and love.....I do love my God for pulling me out of the pit of despair and bringing me into the garden of peace.....
Old 08-02-2005, 03:13 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Today I am thankful for the beauty all around me. I wake up very early and meditate and write on here, while I have my coffee, of course. And every morning I find myself listening to the world around me. How beautiful it sounds. To watch the sun rise every morning is wonderful.Stop and appreciate all that God has given us, and be thankful for that.When I was in rehab my counselor use to say, Do your thing in a positive manner and positive results will follow..I try and apply that everyday.Today, I am thankful for all things He has given me back and the life He restored inside...,.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:08 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Today I am thankful for....the freedom to be who I truly am,inside...for years I have lied about who I was, but today I have the freedom to be who I truly am. Honesty is hard, but it is essential to have an honest program.Since starting over, I have learned alot about myself.I can't tell you it is easy, to be honest with yourself. But everyday I chip a little off the rock I've held inside...so today, again, I am so thankful that I am where I am and knowing God is with me, every Step of the way....I will, keep coming back....
Old 08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Old 08-04-2005, 02:48 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Thanks Zing Zing....Today I am thankful for ...the restoring of my mind...little by little, I climb up the road of life and I see a little clearer,everyday...I am so glad I am not in some basement getting high...or so drunk that I have beaten the pulp out of some innocent person...that was all yesterdays' madness...I am thankful that - TODAY- I strive to be the kind-hearted person God intended me to be...I thank Him for all He has given me back, no matter how high the hill, I will climb it and be successful...Just for today....I will try to live in His image, the best I can....
Old 08-05-2005, 03:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Humble- having or showing a consciousness of one's defects;modest,lowly,unpretentious;to lower in pride;make modest

Today I am thankful to be humble...there were so many times that my pride got in the way of doing the right thing...with my program, I can be humble and ask for help when I need it. I know there are so many people out there, just like me....I am not alone, all I have to do is extend a hand, to the next person...just for today...
Old 08-06-2005, 04:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

:hello2 As I sit here, I think about my life, the now. And a smile comes over my face, knowing that it is okay today. I feel good waking up clean. I feel good staying clean yesterday. I am very thankful for that. The strength comes from above.I could not do it alone, thats for sure. My program is hard at times, easy other times. I think that those days when it is hard for me, I need that to keep myself in check. Yesterday was a hard day for me because I was exausted and cranky...but I got through it...by the grace of God. I am so thankful that when I need help, all I have to do is ask..and it shall be given to me...thats my program...How are you staying clean today????
Old 08-07-2005, 03:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Our surrender in the first step leaves us with a deep need to believe that we can recover.This surrender makes it possible for us to feel hope.By admitting our own powerlessness, we open our minds to an entirely new idea: The possibility that something greater then ourselves might be powerful enough to relieve our obdsession to use drugs.It is quite likely that, before coming to NA, we never believed in any power but our own willpower, and that had failed us. NA intoduces a new understanding.We draw hope from this understanding and begin to comprehend what it means to believe that a Power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity.We find additional hope by listening to other recovering addicts.We can relate to where they've been and draw hope from who they've become.We listen at meetings and become willing to apply what we hear to our own lives.As we begin to believe that there is hope for us, we also begin to trust the process of recovery........

It works How & Why 12/12 of NA...