Notices

Thank God for....

Old 07-01-2005, 12:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb I am so thankful..

I am so thankful for those of you who read my threads.You know, the best defense is a good offense.....You have no idea how much it helps me that I can write in this thread and possiblely, just possiblely, I can help someone...to me that is the greatest gift of recovery...to give 100% is to receive 10 fold. It may even sound selfish...but I want to thank the Lord for these threads and how powerful they are and could be....with that I am always here, just for today...
Old 07-02-2005, 05:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Smile Freedom...

Today I am thankful for our freedom. The choices that we make everyday are a gift. But some people assume that we should have more, more, more. Greed is not very becoming. There are many countries that people can't vote, show their faces, have the freedom to go & do what they please, where babies are killed if they aren't the right sex, ..etc.... think about how much we have....what we are allowed to do...I know this world is tough sometimes but think about what Jesus said:

"I never said it was easy...I only said it was worth it."
So next time you start feeling sorry for yourself, and wanting to use...think about what YOU COULD do with the rest of your wonderful,beautiful,exciting,rewarding, life....
T
Old 07-03-2005, 02:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Smile I thank you....

:back I want to thank all those people out there that love me for who I am...not what anyone wants me to be, or forces me to be,or what I should be.....i am me,and happy i can be,..i will go from land to sea...just to be me.... I want to say thank you..to the people on here, who ; like me...extend a hand and joyfull word to another suffering addict...WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE-Just for today...your stories inspire me...your words burn themselves in my heart...your sorrow melts me....we have all suffered so many times,so many ways....isn't today a good day to shine???? I ask all who are reading this, no matter how long or how short you have been clean, reach out brothers & sisters....it is in you that the blessings to another,from God, will come...God works through those who work for Him.....thank you....recovery looks great on....Have you seen how well it fits?????????????
Old 07-04-2005, 07:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Post Happy ...

Happy 4th July.,....thank you God for allowing me to live to see this day...thank you for giving me the freedom to dream, imagine, live,....thank you forgiving me of all my sins...thank you for the life you've given me...it is a life that is a blessing...thank you for the faith, love, and promises....thank you for dying for me....
Old 07-05-2005, 03:13 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Just for today...

The best part...

"More will be revealed...".....the best part of recovery, in the physical sense is; I thank God....I woke up clean..what a blessing it is to wake up in a warm bed, have coffee, and put in a good days work....if you don't think you are blessed.....Look around you....Thank you God for the world you've given me back...
Old 07-06-2005, 03:55 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Arrow The more..

The more I live my program, the more God seems to put me in positions where issues surface.I write about them.I enjoy recovery, this is how I resolve so many things, like, my shame, guilt, and resentments.All the stress I once was filled with , day by day, more and more of it has been released.I am thankful that everyday I can ask God for His help."When we pray and take action, it goes better for us."
Today I can look in the mirror and appreciate who I am. I thank God for that. It wasn't very long ago that I couldn't stand looking in the mirror. I was so discusted with myself and my life. But today, thanks to God, I feel wonderful. If you have had enough of pain, addiction, and a hard-heart...be like us...get a program and stick to it, until the day comes, when the peace is overwhelming...than it will turn around for you..."Move you body first...soon after ...your mind will follow...
Old 07-07-2005, 03:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation 25 little words..

Have you read the Serenity Prayer lately????I mean, really read & felt the prayer????Actually the original prayer is a lot longer, I will put that in this thread when I find it. But the 25 most realistic words, can really mean alot, if you apply it to your life...today I am just thankful....for life..for serenity, acceptance, courage, wisdom, free will, etc...there is an infinite amount of things I am grateful for...Have you really sat down and thought about all the wonderful things God has given you??? Most people take their life for granted and feel sorry for themselves...don't let that be you...enjoy the smallest gift given to you by your loving God...and the largest reward...it's all the things in the middle that really count.....Today, I am thankful that I can count my blessings....Can you?????????????????????????
Old 07-08-2005, 03:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb Vessel of grace...

Throughout your brief journey, you entered every moment of life and embraced it completely- knowing it was there that you would encounter the face of God.
You trusted in Divine protection, Holy guidance, and graced norishment-Just for today-recognizing that the present is the only place where God can be revealed.
How much of my own time is wasted outside of God's shade, worrying about yesterday and planning tomorrow?
Release me from these anxietites and my own need to control....Free my soul to fly with the spirit in each breath that I take, Reminding me that I only have now....
St.Therese's Wisdom

Thankful for the here and now...I will keep coming back..
Old 07-09-2005, 03:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

It's very early again..seems like I have been getting up so early these last few weeks...I use to hate mornings but today, my life is so diffferent...I see the beauty in so many new things...I am thankful for the world around me, that rebirths every morning...have you ever gotten up early and meditated??The time of day I do meditate, is morning, when the world is waking up...the smells, the air, the light, the sounds...all beautiful sounds of the world waking up with me in it...I am just a small part of this world...until , I make a difference...today I urge you to do something selfless...let someone in front of you while driving, let the lady in the grocery store ahead of you,...etc.. whatever it is..do your part, and I'll do mine...and maybe, we will make a difference today,in the world around us...thanks
Old 07-10-2005, 02:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Smile I have the....

opportunity to give to you the long version of the Serenity Prayer....
I am thankful for you.., another beautiful recovering addict...
The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to
Accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things I can;
And the wisdom to know the diffence.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one
moment at a time; Accepting hardships as
a pathway to peace; Taking, as He
did, this sinful world, As it is, not as I
would have it; Trusting that He will make
all things right, if I surrender to His
will; I may be reasonably happy in this
life and Supremely happy with Him
forever in the next......................
Amen
Old 07-10-2005, 05:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Sarah,

Thanks for the reminder to come to this site. If, I don't do anything more then go to bed clean and sober tonight, I've had a great day. I have to keep around the newcommers to hear how bad it still is out there to lead me away from any temptation!!!!

On page 20 of As Bill Sees It

We treasure the Serenity Prayer because it brings a new light to us that can dissipate our oldtime and nearly fatal habito f fooling ourselve.

In the radiance of this prayer we see that deafeat, rightly accepted, need be no disaster. We now know that we do not have to run away, nor ought w again try to overcome adversity by still another bulldozing power drive that can only push up obstacles before us faster than they can be taken down

GRAPEVINE, MARCH 1962
Old 07-11-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb Bill's words:

"Everyone became resigned to the certainty that I would have to be shut up somewhere, or would stumble along, to a miserable end.How dark it is before the dawn!!! In reality, that was the beginning of my last debauch. I was soon to be catapulted into what I like to call the 4th dimension of existence. I was to know happiness, peace, and usefulness, in a way of life that is incrediblly more wonderful as time passes. Big Book p.8

Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:The unfailing love of the Lord never ends!By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction...
Lamentations 3:17-26
Today I thank God for Bill's story, the programs, the fellowship, and the hope, of becoming the person God intended me to be.....
Old 07-12-2005, 03:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Today I am grateful for life...I woke up this morning, thanking God for another day clean...this is my life..this is what I choose, staying sober, just for today..I have come a long way...I am so thankful that I could help another suffering addict...I am so thankful that, that last bag I did,so long ago, didn't kill me, I am thankful that I am clean and sober..thats what it all boils down to...everything I have now, is a result of being sober...."If you want what we have and are willing to take certain steps...
If you don't have a NA or AA basic text-GET ONE...read,read read...and keep reading....
"....these are the principles that make our recovery possible... Basic text p.17
Old 07-13-2005, 03:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Today I am thankful that....it's my anniversary...it doesn't matter how long...it just matters that I don't stop, I keep going.It is amazing how far I've come since I have been clean...so many steps from the beginning. Some small steps, some big ones..all that matters today is, I am thankful for today..and the steps that I am going to take today..with that, I WILL keep coming back...
Old 07-14-2005, 02:54 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

:hugehug I thank God today, for especially, my mother.I know I have talked about her before, but, I don't know if I told you that she is sick.Although, she won't admit it, I can feel it.I know this might seem like I am ahead of myself, but I am only taking precautions....I know someday I am going to lose her, and it will be very tough on me.I love her so much, she always is there for me,no matter what I have done, she loves me unconditionally. Every day I tell her how much I love her. I know the time is short. Nothing I do can make up to her, what bad choices I have made.The only thing she wants, is for me to stay clean. I can stay clean...just for today. I am grateful that God allowed me to take this time to be with her and love her, for a change...
Old 07-16-2005, 04:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Exclamation

Today I am thankful for my program, my mother and family, my probation officer, the fellowship, and all the people that believed in me, even when I didn't. ..my life is diffinitely not normal..but whose is? Does anyone live a normal life? We all want it...but what exactly is it??? I think that it is what we make of it, and what our environment is, that shapes the normality...did you ever here that statement: "you are what you eat?" I think that applies to our life also. It's not what I can't be, that matters, its what I WANT to be..what are your dreams?...with that, I will keep coming back....
Old 07-17-2005, 03:34 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb Surrender...

:e03c Today I am thankful that I can surrender...my problems, my bad habits, attitudes, behaviors, all my defects, my will, and just ....me....I know God loves me. So many times I have been in a bad situation and he pulled me up and out. But I know now that, he won't help me, unless, I help myself...The best way to help myself is doing the right things, for the right reason. We all make mistakes, but if I don't surrender my will to Him, I could use again. I don't want that to happen. So today, I pray, I pray for His will and guidance..and I humble myself to Him and His will...I thank Him, for everything and everytime He has spread the clouds to the beautiful sun behind....
Old 07-18-2005, 03:53 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

:hello Today I am thankful for you. You that reads this, you that,I talk to,you that I call,you that, I do service work with ....just you. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be doing well. See, I can't make it, without you. You are my silver lining.When I go to the rehabs & jails to speak, you make me feel good about myself. You don't have to say anything, just be you. Stay clean. If you ever get into a situation and want to get high, think of me, because I need you........with absolute unconditional love, Angel...
Old 07-19-2005, 04:05 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Just for today...

Lightbulb

Today I am thankful that I can laugh again. I can feel again. I can cry, scream, laugh, ...and so many other beautiful emotions. Imagine a life without laughter? God gave us that for relief. I'd rather laugh than cry. Have you laughed lately? Isn't it funny that when one person starts laughing it is catchy? I was at my home group last week, and this one guy started laughing, and before long, the whole group was laughing. Today I am grateful I can smile, because, maybe,just maybe....someone else will smile back....
Old 07-19-2005, 10:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Thanks for the reminder of how painful it was when, I first got sober