Notices

God Has Blessed Me Greatly

Old 06-01-2005, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God Has Blessed Me Greatly

I feel so blessed to be alive...to be healthy, happy, and sober...Let me start by saying...3yrs ago I done some things and destroyed my life in such a way that I never thought I'd be able to rise up from...I have been a nurse for 10 yrs...3yrs ago i got into some trouble with the law because of alcohol and drugs...I lost my nursing license and never thought I'd get it back...I went to nursing school right out of high school...and that is all I've ever known how to do...so in the last 3 yrs...I've had trouble getting work...seeing as I had no training to do anything else...I've cooked in restaurants, cleaned motel rooms, etc...which was good for me...it taught me to be humble...last month my nursing license was given back to me...and tonight I start my first job in over 3yrs as a nurse...its been a long hard journey from where i was 3 yrs ago to where I am now...I try to thank God everyday for allowing me to be alive and sober...but God deserves an extra special thanks today...nursing was my life at one time...and now that I'm being given the opportunity to practice again...I feel my life has been restored completely...and I owe it all to God...and to the wonderful people he's brought into my life to help me through the last 3 yrs...and I'd like to say to anyone who's having a bad day...keep the faith...good things do happen when we do the right things...it just requires a little patience....
Old 06-01-2005, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. Bravo! You worked hard for that nursing license... I'm happy for you that you have it back.

Take care of you... and your patients.

Happy day to you!
--anne
Old 06-02-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is wonderful to hear! Thanks for sharing your message of hope. We can have the better things in life as long as we stay clean and sober. God is working in your life and doing very powerful things.

You are an inspiration!

Love,
C