Notices

if you're not grateful you're not sober

Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

if you're not grateful you're not sober

someone said that in a meeting today. i'm not really sure what it means. AA is full of silly little sayings. old people quote them all the time. most of them i like. someone else said she was greatful she woke up on the right side of the grass. i thought that was cute. i'm greatful i can go to meetings even if i don't want to because i always feel better when i leave.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Yes, they seemed silly to me in the beginning. In time, they will start to make perfect sense to you. To me if your not grateful your not sober means that sobriety is truly a gift. You have to hurt bad enough to want sobriety. Once you get it, you never want to go back to drinking. I'm very grateful for my second chance at life. Living life the way I was living was h#ll. Today I'm sober, thriving and happy. I'm grateful for sobriety and being shown the way. It takes understanding the pain and hard work to appreciate the difference between living and existing. Today I'm sober and grateful for it.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gartatude = Action Word in AA

In That Context, Pat G. has always said " I have never seen a Gratefull AA Drunk