Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > The Gratitude List
Reload this Page >

I Am Grateful For Having My Life And For Having A Loving Family

Notices

I Am Grateful For Having My Life And For Having A Loving Family

Old 03-17-2005, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addict

Lightbulb I Am Grateful For Having My Life And For Having A Loving Family

Hello. My name is George, and I live at home with my mother and father (including my brother). I am a heroin addict, but am currently on methadone daily. I am also addicted to benzodiazepines. But to get back to the family issue, we all get along, except for my mother and father (they tend to ignore each other but they are past all the bad stuff that happened long ago). Now they are more friends than marriage partners.

What I am getting at is that I am so grateful to have the autonomy to have personal space, and love from within the Holy Spirit. I believe in God and I just recently have accepted Him into my life. Ever since then, beautiful and wonderful things have been happening to me (i.e.- i got a wonderful computer for free (the lady was giving it away)). Material value and possessions aren't here to make us happy, only to help and be used as tools in our lives. I have found my interest in computers and technical (computer related) support kind of stuff. I am going to school for it soon, and i am deciding on whether I will go to a trade school or a college. So thanks everyone for the support.

- George
Old 03-17-2005, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hi George,

Good brings good!