Notices

Greatful to be alive and breathing after OD after OD

Old 03-14-2005, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addict

Greatful to be alive and breathing after OD after OD

Well, here I am. My name is George and I have a problem with opiates (heroin mostly). I've been clean from heroin for 5 months (not exactly; but close enough), and I'm on methadone daily. I take 160mgs every morning. My other problem is xanax and valium. The three drug combinations have almost killed me more than thirty times in the past two months...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I need to slow down on the benzos because I'ts getting to the point where I have to take 4 or 5 10mg V's plus 2 or 3 2mg (bars) X's to get that "good feeling". I've been working at McDonald's for awhile and it sucks. I hate the job mostly on the weekends. If anyone can help me get a job somewhere in Maryland that pays over $7.25/hr and overtime (time and a half), than I'd be glad to go for the opportunity.

The Point: I'm still alive and breathing even though I may have taken too much stuff at a time everyday; I am grateful to be alive. Anyway, if anyone has anything to say about this or how to get off of benzos with a technique, I'd appreciate (greatly) the input!

Thanks everyone for being here for me...I look forward to hearing from someone in the near future. Oh, by the way, I am in the MATT clinic. It's locally available to my house (about a twenty five minute drive),/ mm
Old 03-14-2005, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
You can do it!!

First off are you sure you in the METHADONE program for help or to get HIGH??? Think about this now there are thousands of people out there who can't get into program's and there are people who are in them same program's and are in the program just to make it so they can get there FIX for FREE! And I hate that the most! Becaused I alomost died so many times that I only remeber 3 somewhat days within 4 months!!!!!! And 2 of those month's I was trying to get in a program and there were no opening's because there was people there abusing the program! But anyway's if you are in the program to get away from drug's and the risk of dying you are abusing it and you NEED to use your COUNSLER about this problem! Because if this program is like mine they don't like benzo's even more so when they are abused! If they knew this info. you wouldn't get your 160 MG. dose because of the risk of you over doseing! So how much do you like your methadone? That is the trick for the benzo's!!!!!!!!!! Think about it....Ask yourself do I like the treatment program or do I want to keep benzo's and die.............. I know my choice would be the treatment! No matter how many bad day's come with it it is worth it!!!!!!
AND IF YOU THINK I AM A *ITCH FOR THIS POST THEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE REASON'S THAT I ALMOST LOST MY CHANCE FOR GETTING HELP AND ALMOST DIED!!!!!! HOW MANY LIFE'S WILL BE LOST WHILE YOU ARE THERE ABUSING THE TREATMENT? CAN YOU DEAL WITH THE FACT WHEN YOU GET YOUR DRINK THEN GO TAKE A BENZO AND PASS OUT? HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN PUT ON A LIST TODAY?? THINK ABOUT IT...............................
I don't wish you bad I hope you use the treatment to get off of heroin and detox off of methadone at somepoint! And I wish you well with your journey of recovery!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You can do it!!

Eightball,
Well I can see that you were one of the people who made my life more risky because of there being no opening's!!!! And it is sad but true..... If you are not useing the program for what it is there for then why are you in it? Ask your self that question! Everyday before you get into line for your dose who am I taking from today! Because I can promise you that there are thousands and I mean THOUSANDS of people out there who are calling these clinic's to get in and are getting put on a waiting list or worse getting nothing at all! Because methadone for people with no insurance is an affordable way to detox! So I really think you need to wake up and look at what you are taking away from some needy person! Because I know that there are people out there that are doing grams a day just to get un-sick and that is LIFE THREATING and they need to be on methadone and they can't because of someone just like you who is abusing the program! I know I am one of them people who was on gram's a day to be un-sick and almost lost my life waiting for an opening in a program! I not only had to take the chance of an OD but I had to go into the darkest part of HOLYOKE MA. and take the chance of being mugged! Witch HOLYOKE MA. is number 14 on the highest crime in the U.S!!!! Hey and you should put in the word HOLYOKE in the search spot and see what pop's up! This is what I had to live through because of no opening in any program anywhere near me! So I know that you are probley passed out with your BENZO'S at this very MOMENT but when you snap out of it BUB read this before your next dose and see if you need the dose of methadone! Tomorrow I think you should try and make a decision eaither your BENZO'S or the METHADONE!
If you want real SOBERITY this has to be done I really hope you choose the methadonebecause it has more to offer then benzo's but I can't be you so have a good day and hope you survive the next one.
Sharebear