Notices

Roxann's Graditude journal 2-1-05

Old 02-28-2005, 01:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sending prayers your way, Roxann, for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Hang in there and keep that awesome attitude of gratitude.

hugs,

phinny
Old 02-28-2005, 11:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

3/1/05

Thank you Jojo.

I am grateful today that the surgery went well yesterday. It was a bit more painful than I thought it would be for the first 12 hours.

I am grateful for Sarah, who came by and cleaned my house and watched Ricky for a bit while Mike ran errands.

I am grateful for MB who came and babysat me while Mike went to work.

I have wonderful friends.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am grateful Roxann was the very 1st to reply to me when I entered this site.scared ,Not quite wanting to die but Not really caring at all if I woke up ever again. God speed & good luck on your recovery.sounds like ya got a good support gang of friends.I just awoke & 8 inches of snow..beautiful except I ve got a housebound Mom in law & I shovelel hers & my Mom's & Mine .and that was always 3 pills per driveway.Darn roxann told me It wasnt mandatory.So Not today..is it possible to shovel so much without?? LOL get well darling..I think PA got hit worst than us detroiters Love, Chris (woodchipper) P
Old 03-03-2005, 06:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

We didn't get that much snow here by me at all Chris. Maybe 4 inches. I'm so glad you listened to me It is possible to shovel clean isn't it. Have a great day sweetie, you are doing awesome!!
Old 03-03-2005, 06:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

3/2/05

I did it. 31 days. I so wanted to say that March 1st was a month, but that dang Feb and it's mixed up days....... So today is it. I have been clean for 1 whole month. I have had sugery, a lot of rough days, but also a lot of great days. I have joined a gym and started taking care of myself for the first time in soooooo long. I am loving my new clean life. I have a lot to be grateful for today:
Snow.....sleds.....little boys with runny noses........the desire to better myself......my friends, online and IRL......the gym.....Fred at the gym who doesn't laugh when I sit on a machine bassackwards (well maybe he chuckles a little)........Mike for working 2 jobs to take care of his family......my doctors who fixed a long time problem and did a successful surgery.......my parents for loving me....my sisters.....the school bus driver....my critters for making me smile and filling me with joy......and for SR. Finding this site has been such a major factor in my recovery.
Old 03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

THAT IS HUGE..You Go GIRL & never look back.I am so proud to have you as a new buddy .when Im down & Blue ..I go back and read ALL the old posts from the day I signed on.& you get my vote for most improved,most greatful..( Do you ever go back & read your own??????) all I can say is WOW.. Ive been screwing up left & right BUT am excited at the moment. after crying,screaming, debating, brainstorming all my options My wife ,has agreed to keep an eye on me al weekend when YES, (im a broken record) I cold turkeywith NO stashes. I am so sick of living like this. Im not gonna even try to do it this time ..this time I give it all to my higher power. Thanks for being ROXANN
Old 03-04-2005, 04:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Chris, I'm crying my friend. No one and I mean no one, has ever thanked me for being Roxann. I am grateful for you. I am grateful that I have improved, and have been of a small help to someone else.

Tell your wife I said she is in for a heck of a weekend!! I don't envy her!! Tell her I'm saying a bunch of prayers for both of you. ((HUGS)) I'm glad you are doing this weekend with no stashes Chris. You CAN do it. If you need to talk, email me or pm me. Hopefully we can chat.

I think I may go back and read my old posts. I haven't done that.

Today I am grateful you Chris. ((HUG))
Old 03-07-2005, 05:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

3/7/05

I am grateful for.......my kids.....my HP.......my parents............my friends.....SR.....my puffs box *snuffle* (bad cold)......
Old 03-14-2005, 02:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

3/14/05

I haven't posted to this in a week
Wow. I have so much to be grateful for too.

I am grateful as always to my Higher Power.
My family........the house I want to rent.....my friends who have offered to help us move......my parents who cosigned for us.......my kids who are scared to move, but are also excited about the journey anyway.... Mike for loving the house as much as I do.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Happy St Patty's Day!!

Whole bunches of stuff to be grateful for:

*I am grateful for my gorgeous sons whom are the sun, the moon and the air I breathe.
*To my Higher Power. I can feel the love.
*I am grateful that my family will have a safe warm dry house to live in.
*I'm grateful that we have friends and family to help us with the move.
*I am grateful for the thoughts and prayers I get from others everyday.
*I am grateful for my friends, in real life and online.
*I am grateful that I can choose not to use today. It's MY choice, and no one else can make it for me, nor do I want anyone else to.
*I am grateful for my sobriety. Today is day 44 clean. I got lotsa clean heartbeats.
*I am grateful for NA
*I am grateful for my husband Mike.
*I am grateful for my parents and their help.
*I am grateful for ME today. I love myself, and think that I am very lovable.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I'm praying for my buddy

I got an email today from a friend who is still suffering. He is checking himself into rehab in the morning, and I am glad he is taking that step. Woodchip, you are so very brave. I am grateful that I met you here, and look forward to sharing our recovery. I am always here to listen. I am sending ((HUGS)) and major prayers for you and your wife. I can't wait to hear from you when you get home.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:05 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanking you SOOOOO much Roxann....I am so looking forward to being reunited with a dear old friend ....ME. Its been way too long and the time & caring,sharing youve unselfishly shown me..Liking me till i can like myself.Im grateful i got honest with so many today.the TRUTH was ugly but i feel like an elephant has been lifted off me,grateful for a second chance.the 3rd tradition of NA and not fearing tomorrow because GOD is already there...Rox ROCKS
Old 03-18-2005, 01:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

((HUGS))
Just remember....WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......... .............
Old 03-20-2005, 10:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Today I am grateful for my Higher Power.............
Old 03-20-2005, 10:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Smile

Old 03-21-2005, 07:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

3/21/05

I am grateful for springtime.......flowers.......the Bible.......the Basic Text.....Sr.......Family........Friends
Old 03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Haven't worked since just before my clean date of sept.1 2004; not only do I desperately need to work to pay the bills, but I am NOT good at not working. Last week had an interview, was offered a job and told to report Monday (today). Two hours later they called back and said my criminal background check had come back positive (of course because of an arrest related to my drug use - YUK). I work in an area where you really can't expect to get hired if that is the case. I was devestated, especially since I had been told since my case had been dismissed, my arrest history would not be available to anyone outside the criminal justice system. Initially I was pretty emotional, crying, doubting myself, feeling like a non-person. But later that day I thought "If I am to overcome this kind of thing, I can not continue to beat myself up. Its not good for me and it sure doesn't help my family" (you might have heard the old saying "Mama aint happy, aint nobody happy". I've also heard something to the effect that it is the stronger person who triumphs over difficulty and failure rather than the person who never has to. I had to decide to be that stronger person. I prayed about it and returned my trust to God (it wasn't easy!). -------- At the end of the day, the supervisor called me back and had discussed it with administration, and they decided to let me come on board after all. INCREDIBLE! I could not believe my ears.
So I started that new job (part-time) today. But that's not all... I've been waiting to hear back about another job I had interviewed for about a month ago; left messages for the woman there, emailed her, everything. Never heard a peep. I'll be damned if she did not call me today and ask me if I could start Wednesday!!! So I have in the course of the past 4 days gone from feeling like a sub-human failure to having 2 jobs. I guess trusting God for miracles really does pay off, huh? He has certainly sent many my way during the past 6 months and 20 days. I'll say a prayer for all the addicts out there who are still waiting for their miracle.
Thanks for listening.
Red
Old 03-22-2005, 04:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

Congratulations Red on the job. Looks like things are definately on the upswing!! Good luck on your first day!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

3/23/05

I am grateful for my HP today. I am grateful for the strength I am given when it's needed. I'm grateful for a strong body, and a strong mind. I am grateful for love. I am grateful for family and friends.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Keep coming back - Yeah Right!

Iam gratefull for another day alive, i am grateful for the people that love me and for there generousity in forgiving me. . i owe them everything.. thankyou for the post x