Notices

I am...

Old 12-21-2004, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face I am...

Today I am grateful for getting through another day, i guess. Day 51 for me. I had a lot of bad cravings today but did not act on them. I am also feeling very depressed because i think about my ex. We haven't talked since friday, after 6 years. We have not been together since this summer but we have remained close and now we are fighting. Sorry for blabbing...I got through one more day, thats all that matters. The cravings did not get me to break down. I am stronger because i got through this. I listen to the song stronger by britney spears...
Old 12-21-2004, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by S-ROD
I am stronger because i got through this.
BINGO!

Hey, Stacy! Glad you took a suggestion and found the Gratitude List. Welcome! And congratulations on your 51 days! Keep coming back.

Peace, love, and hugs,
Eddie :xmasw
Old 12-21-2004, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Gratitude

undefined
Stacy;

It is something to be proud of to get through the cravings of another day. I too am struggling right now. I had some blood tests run last week and found out that I am borderline diabetic. So I have traded alcohol for sweets for far too long. Still I am very grateful for my 15 months of sobriety. I just need to stop being so grateful with chocolate. Luckily I caught the problem before I have to do more than change my diet.

Are you struggling with your ex because you still have unresolved issues, or do you have unresolved feelings where that relationship is concerned? It is probably going to be important to your recovery to know the answer to that question. It's hard to move on into the future when you are still living in the past.

Just don't forget "Easy Does It". Don't force too much pressure on yourself too fast. I hope you have a sponsor that you can talk to in detail about your feelings and your issues because at this stage it's important to share what is going on inside with someone on the outside who has been there.

Good Luck
Congratulations
Hang in there
Happy Holidays :xmase
Lots of Love
Louise
Old 12-22-2004, 02:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

S-rod,congradulations on 51 days! Keep it up.One day at a time.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Good 4 u Britney Spears HUH Each day it will get easier for you. I promise, after a while you can't remember when you've had a bad last

chris