Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 121

Old 02-02-2023, 02:07 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Morning all

Today I'm grateful that I bumped into a friend yesterday on the Tube and found out she has ditched alcohol. The numbers are growing
Grateful for a pretty easy day ahead
Grateful for some social stuff this evening
Grateful to have another Stephen King book to start - can't wait
Grateful that my uncle is finally out of the hospital and into rehab (the stroke kind) and seems happier there
Grateful for some blue sky today - less than yesterday but beats the grey. Feel like Spring is fighting its way through

A good to all, and CBS - big congrats on your 777 days. That's absolutely fantastic!

Old 02-02-2023, 03:32 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Gratefulf for Zura's talk of gardening. Can't wait for spring and colors to come back
Grateful Jack has a new book to read. I look forward to going to bed at night (when it's close to bedtime) to read
Grateful I braved the cold and grilled some chicken so we had grilled chicken with a large salad and garlic bread. Tonight I will make baked chicken quesadillas with the leftovers
Grateful I should here today about the scheduling of the biopsy. Such a waiting game
Grateful we went over to the house last night and Mr. A started to cut in in the bathroom so the walls can be paintined
Grateful I slept pretty well.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:58 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:25 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Grateful the damage from the storm wasn’t worse. Turns out one of the loud noises I heard yesterday morning was a tree snapping and landing on my garage roof. I just couldn’t see it from where I was. It seems like the roof is ok so it’s just a matter of getting the thing cut up and hauled off (which is not nothing but better than a busted roof to be sure). Then I watched a limb crash and rip down my patio lights but all in all the damage was cosmetic.
Grateful I kept power. 30 percent of the city lost power at one point, and the outages were not brief.
Grateful for the crews that had to have been working so hard while transformers were popping everywhere it seems and branches were taking out all or parts of power lines.
Grateful the roads were navigable for the most part and my ex did come get the kids mid-day yesterday.
Grateful it is above freezing and seemingly going to stay that way. The rain has been basically melting the ice off the laden limbs of our poor trees.
Grateful for a friend of mine who also had good news post op for cancer. She is such an amazing human.
Grateful for you all.
Old 02-02-2023, 05:47 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

NL, grateful you are safe. I have been in many ice storms. No fun.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:54 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today ☼
Old 02-02-2023, 09:20 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Grateful my volunteer meeting went well last night and my anxiety wasn't too bad.
Grateful for time holding my little 2-month old grandbaby. Nothing beats that feeling.
Grateful for positive activities on the calendar the next few days.
Grateful that yesterday I saw a Brown Creeper (bird) on my little hike in the hills. I didn't see the Varied Thrush which I was searching for, but that gives me motivation to take this particular walk again soon.
Grateful that I have a warm, safe house, enough money for food and heat etc. Never want to take that for granted.
Grateful for this grat pack.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:55 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - I googled Redbacks - no wonder you want to keep them out. It said they're the Australian Black Widow spider - so that can't be good.
Jack - Wonderful news your friend has ditched it.
CBS - 3 cheers for your 777 days.
Alpine - Hoping you can get biopsy done asap.
NL - Sorry you had that fallen tree happen. Thankful roof wasn't harmed. My niece in Parker's children were enchanted by the snow & no school (they live near the 'South Fork' house from the Dallas TV series).
Turs - Sounds like a lovely time with grandbaby. (My 4 grandchildren are cats. )
Grateful for bright sun. Tomorrow we may have minus 20F windchills. wheeee.
Grateful I gave myself a stern talking to at 3am & made myself go back to sleep after awfulizing/catastrophizing.
Grateful for a trip next week to Assateague VA/Ocean City MD (where we used to live). Rates are very low right now.
Grateful for you all.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:52 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Late check in. Hello to all!

Grateful for 777 days sober.
Grateful my husband and his buddy are replacing the ice machine filter. It is way more complicated than I thought and way overdue.
Grateful the sun is supposed to come out tomorrow. Have not seen it in days.
Grateful for Thursday, my Friday, as I have Fridays off.
Grateful my daughter has not responded in a negative way to the letter we sent her about her finances and debt. But still waiting for some response. Trying to hold her accountable for her living beyond her means and needing to be rescued constantly for over spending. She is 28 and needs to learn to budget.
Grateful my other daughter should be finally getting her massage license in hand so she can apply for jobs.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 02-02-2023, 02:48 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the sleep I got last night after being awake most of the night.
Old 02-03-2023, 01:44 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Morning all

Hev - I hope you're surviving those wind chills Ok - I can hardly imagine!
NumbLady - glad your storm damage wasn't worse. Sounds scary
Alpine - hope you get some news soon

So, today I'm grateful for another pretty quiet day - chance to keep working at my essay, and might get a curry at the Hare Krishna restaurant later - one of my favourite eateries in London
Grateful for meditation
Grateful for another day alive, here, now

Take care all
Old 02-03-2023, 02:59 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-03-2023, 03:37 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful to be an old feller.
Grateful not to have pain/medical conditions that consume my life.
Grateful there is a good life after addiction.
Grateful for food. Knowing that too many have little or none.
Grateful I'm not alone in addiction recovery, Thank you my SR peers.

Old 02-03-2023, 03:39 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Grateful for the fire in the fireplace yesterday
Grateful to have dinner with just Mr. A
Grateful we moved a few more things over to the house. We don't want to/can't move some things because we will be getting new floors in several rooms so obviously we can't have furniture in them. But it's a start!
Grateful for a warm place to be, it is darn cold outside
Old 02-03-2023, 03:58 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

CBS, congrats on the 777 well now 778.
Turs, I am so jealous of baby holding time! Those little bundles. I love them so much.
Least glad you at least got back to sleep but sorry about the rest of the night.
Hev, those are some nasty wind chills. Glad you have a safe place to stay inside.

Grateful I went to not one but two meetings last night. One CODA, one AA. Felt great!
Grateful for what felt like solid sleep last night.
Grateful for the friends and family who checked in on me during the storm.
Grateful it’s the weekend soon.
Grateful for this community and all of you within it.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:20 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Jack I hope you enjoy your curry. I love a green curry myself.
Zen I agree on the good life after addiction. I am 60 and got sober at 58. I hope to have a lot of years left.
Alpine we had a fire last night that we enjoyed too. It was cold and rainy all day yesterday. I think the sun will finally make an appearance this afternoon. But too windy and cold for tennis. Hope to go for a hike.
NL two meetings wow. Good for you. I would like to find an in person but AA is not for me. I did a virtual Smart Recovery way back and a guy was kinda hitting on me in the chat. So I did not go back.
Hev the trip to the coast sounds great. I love the beach in the winter. I have two planned now. One for my birthday in a few weeks and one in May before the rates go up.
Turs so sweet you got to hold a newborn. I love what I call the "pupa" stage in babies.

Grateful my daughter is coming over to do some chores for me. She needs money while she waits to get her massage license and she is burned out from catering work. I told her I could pay her the same rate and keep her busy.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful my granddaughter is spending the night tonight.
Grateful for a few days to dry out. It rained all week.
Grateful for a break from tennis after playing 4 days in a row last week. My body was sore in a few places.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Thanks for all your posts.

Old 02-03-2023, 07:34 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

That’s so nice to hear about your friend Jack. Yes, the numbers are growing
Zura, glad you mentioned gardening. I can’t wait to work on mine
Numblady, glad you are safe and no big storm damages
Turps, grateful for all your volunteer activities
Least. Great to see you! Glad you finally got some sleep
Grateful the situation around sonny boy’s breaking his fourth laptop was not worse. Long story but this time it was truly an accident rather than out of rage. Careless for sure, but at least it wasn’t anger induced. Grateful he is owning it. Grateful to hold him accountable but not shame him either. He will need to save up his own money to pay for a new one. I’m glad this will take some time and forces a break from the video games. Not grateful this cuts him off from his friends, but he still connects on his phone and in person.
Grateful it was not the school laptop
Grateful to get control of my thoughts and prevent them from being runaway trains
Grateful there is nothing so bad in life that can’t be made worse by our own actions
Grateful my therapist was able to get me in today
Grateful to keep plugging a long as best as possible
Old 02-03-2023, 08:18 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Grateful to be in a warmer climate
Grateful to know I’m not employable now by travel companies, been out of work “too long” in their book
Grateful to have a job screening call Monday, it would be full time year round. Quite a change for me if it works out
Grateful to have slept well
Grateful to have an Intense class paid for and scheduled in a couple weeks, I need it for work

Jack, yes, the numbers of us are growing, who realize alcohol does us no good. I’m hoping it’s a wonderful trend, like anti smoking culture in US in the 80s
Old 02-03-2023, 09:48 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Grateful for choir practice last night, it brings joy to sing with other people, and laugh about wrong notes.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful to be babysitting again tonight. Makes me feel connected to Mr. T through his family.
Grateful my neighbor put up a birdfeeder I can see through my back window. So I get the birds, and he gets all the cleanup.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:04 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Grateful to hear regional aircraft passing by on schedule