Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 120

Old 11-27-2022, 04:59 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I posted this on my thread and thought you all would like it.
[/url]
Old 11-27-2022, 05:19 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hoping my keyboard charge will last to post!
Mattsbro, glad you are here! Having gratitude in life has made such a difference. Doesn’t make problems go away but helps to keep things in perspective for me.
Alpine, thanks for my new word I had to look up—graupel.
FBL, wow, would love the hear the story behind that!

Grateful hosting a sleepover for my daughter last night wasn’t hard. They mostly got along; we ate take out; and my son steered clear of them instead of harassing.
Grateful I wasn’t alone in my early morning impending doom session (sorry Hev, for yours), although technically I guess mine was a day later. Grateful things seem generally better in the light of day.
Grateful to get invited to a FB book for women doing their own home improvement by another single mom. I feel like it is going to be empowering.
Grateful that for all its faults, FB has connected me to some pretty incredible groups. I get amazing recommendations from some; connect people to unwanted stuff in another; and now can learn about home repair and maintenance. I mean, there are other ways to learn about it but this way sounds pretty cool.
Grateful kids go back to school tomorrow. It has been nice that our holidays have coincided. Not sure what I’m going to do for the THREE WEEKS our school district thought it would be good to give off over winter. Oh wait, I’m in grats!
Grateful the sun did indeed come out and should be out again today.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-27-2022, 05:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hev and NL I get those feelings of Doom a lot. Mostly about my health and death. It started in early sobriety and got worse when my brother and my mother died In March and April. I am going to talk to my new therapist about it. I am trying to catch myself when I start going down that hole,
Free I am sorry your relationship with your son is so strained. I am much closer to my daughters and don't understand why my son is so aloof. He keeps his whole family at an arms length and prioritizes his friends and his career. He lives in SF too so we don't get to see him much. Another thing to talk to my therapist about.
Turs it sounds like you needed some space on Thanksgiving and did just the right thing. Good on you for doing your thing and not feeling obligated to accept the invitations.
Alpine thanks for the meme. I am trying real hard to work on my mindset which is often so negative.

Grateful for some fun tennis yesterday.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for Sunday. I feel like I have accomplished a lot on this long weekend.
Grateful for the bird feeder in the kitchen window.
Grateful I bought ornamental kale and violas yesterday and got them planted on the front porch and the deck.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:57 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Alpine, nice pic. 🎖🏅🏆🥇🥈🥉🚴🏼‍♀️
Mattsbro, jelly you got to hit range balls ⛳️
imval, thanks for the share about your son, you too CBS🥺
NL, I stay away from Fakebook ever since they censored free speech. Too scary.🤐
Turs, really glad you had alone time. I need that too sometimes, I have a lot to feel and process at times, and grief for people and opportunities lost, and find my gratitude as well.😰
Hev, I’m a terrible poster without cue cards. Hello 🤓😎
FBL, it’s cool to tell the seasons by your avatar 🎅🏼
Old 11-27-2022, 06:59 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Grateful snowing hard and not super duper cold, so ⛷🎿⛷🎿⛷🎿❄️🌨❄️🌨❄️
Grateful slept like a log
Grateful renters are gone upstairs, a family of NINE was up there, no child discipline. Five children and four adults in a 2BR
Grateful at the base of mountain for this last winter, so convenient
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-27-2022, 07:04 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Grateful we saw Monsters Inc last night.
Alpine, it was a good reminder when MIKE Wazowski was on a commercial and the “M” of Monsters Inc was covering his face. Sully, put his arm around Mike and started to say, “Oh, Mike, I’m sor…..” and Mike’s response was, “Did you SEE THAT!?!?” “ I’m on TV!!” I’m a STAR!!!!”

Its all in the attitude. 😁
Old 11-27-2022, 10:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - That's great. #1 kid is all, 'What's wrong with you?' I'm going to try & have #3's attitude more often.
Free - Enjoy that pretty snow. We have yet to get anything.
CBS - I began the doom thoughts when I saw how scary it was for our parents at the end of their days. Prior to that, I never worried about the future. I need to stop obsessing about what might never happen. Wasting precious present time on the future - so foolish. Hoping your therapist helps.
Grateful to know I need to change some bad habits. I think I'll do resolutions for 2023. I stopped doing that years ago, but my #1 resolution has remained the same - 'Loose 25 lbs.'
Grateful to be working on assumptions. I've caught myself judging, when I swore I'd never do that.
Grateful our neighbor trimmed the branches that were hanging over our fence.
Grateful for everyone here.

Old 11-27-2022, 11:12 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hevy, I am going to work on having number 3s attitude too.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:20 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my sobriety. . It allows all the positives to come into my life and helps me deal with the negative thoughts and feelings that creep into my head.

Grateful to wake up and Billie is right next to me.

Grateful that my dog food pkg came today. . I was close to running out so it's nice to have more.

Love the picture and really love the third place winner's attitude.

Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 11-27-2022, 12:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Grateful my house is clean and I have a quiet day to rest.
Grateful that although I have a scratchy throat, so far I'm testing negative for covid. My grandson had the sniffles so I think I've just caught what he had, and I'm not surprised!
Grateful for a beautiful poetry reading this morning at my church.
Grateful for a zoom meeting this afternoon.
Grateful for heat, clean laundry, cozy clothes.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:55 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Grateful to stop in. I will have to catch up on posts later. Been really down and not sleeping well. A lot is going on but things could be worse. Grateful for that.
Grateful for the attitude of gratitude and the perspective this gives
Grateful to be meeting a friend for a walk and talk shortly
Grateful you are all here
Old 11-27-2022, 02:21 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Morning all 🌞

Crazy busy in Zura world, but it's a good busy. Hard to follow threads ATM though.

This morning I am grateful for the sun coming back out. My garlic which was curing in the sun got rained on yesterday but hopefully it'll dry out again and not spoil.

Sending best wishes to everyone ❤️.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:27 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

For those of you who don't know the story...Several years ago, Irene Cara's press agent called our offices to say that Irene had read her bio in one of our reference books and wanted us to change her birth year from 1959 to 1962. I told the agent that all of our sources cited 1959 and if she could send us solid proof (such as a copy of her birth certificate) that we would gladly change it. A few days later, Irene herself called and told me to change it. I told her the same thing I told her agent and she immediately went off on me, yelling and cursing up a storm before abruptly hanging up on me. Of course, she never sent us any proof and it turns out that 1959 was correct all along. Despite that incident, I still thought she was beautiful and a very talented singer/actress. And I was very sorry to hear of her recent passing.

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:29 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Fearless, that sounds really stressful. I’m really sorry and hope things get better soon.
Least, hooray for the dog food! I’m cutting it a little close myself but hoping delivery will make it here in time.

Grateful for coffee and my silly little coffee song that comes into my head when I think of it.
Grateful kids return to school today (pretty sure I’ve said this two days in a row ha)
Grateful for my sponsor. She met with me to go over my 5th step yesterday and took her time with me. And was gentle. Also grateful that we have a lot in common. Feel like I was led to the right person even if I didn’t know it at the time.
Grateful I peeked at the work email yesterday and it wasn’t too awful.
Grateful my kids and I had a relaxing(ish) meal yesterday where we all talked. It’s sad and kind of awful but I can’t remember another time that happened. At least not when it was just our little family.
Grateful my son did most of the lawn mowing yesterday and he actually came outside of his own volition once I started.
Grateful I used to mow lawns so I at least have a rough concept of what I’m doing. I realize it’s not rocket science but I’m sure there are things that would flummox me if I hadn’t had to learn.
Grateful for today.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:31 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Oh FBL, thank you for the story! I actually read her bio yesterday when you mentioned her and saw that date. It was interesting to me she was born in the Bronx just like my dad, only several years later. What an interesting thing to request! Enjoy your week of sober adventures
Old 11-28-2022, 04:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hev, that's interesting that your feelings of dread were brought on by your parents' end of life experiences - I can definitely relate.
Fearless - so sorry things are sucking right now - here for you.
Free, that's awesome about the snow, getting out to ski, and sleeping like a log!
NL, did you say THREE WEEKS? That's an insanely long break!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my older son made it back to college safely.
Grateful I caught myself doom scrolling on Facebook rather than being grateful here.
Grateful today is a telework day, just me and my dogs in the house.
Grateful for a relaxing day yesterday.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 11-28-2022, 04:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Anddd its Monday.
Grateful that I still have a job
Grateful that I can provide from my family
Grateful for the chance to help others
Old 11-28-2022, 05:42 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

FBL that is sad a person would be so insecure over 3 years of an age difference. I don’t go out of my way to confess my age but I’m grateful and surprised I’ve lived as long as I have. I am not thrilled radiation treatments aged my face but I wouldn’t look very good dead either.
Grateful the kittens new food is having a better effect on him. I kept thinking of Phoebe’s smelly cat song on Friends.
Grateful my son brought me crockpot roast dinner last night. That was his most dreaded dinner as a child.
Grateful I have time to myself and only my living area to keep up and clean. I’m like a teenager in my room now.
Grateful I can get out today and not have to in the forecast 5-7 inches of snow forecast tonight and tomorrow.
Grateful to be sober after a holiday weekend and not feeling doomed.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Popping in quickly here. I have to get to work.
Grateful for a sunny day. I will try to get out for a walk at some point.
Grateful for therapy today.
Grateful I worked a couple hours yesterday so I can take a walk before dark.
Grateful for working from home!
Grateful NC State upset Carolina in double OT Friday.(Football)
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for the Grat Pack.
Old 11-28-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful Mr. A and I got to spend the day together with not too much time with my MIL. Very nice for a change
Grateful Mr. As and my hot and sour soup turned out good
Grateful I just started a fire in wood burning stove in my MIL's basement where I spend most of the day
Grateful I got in 30 minuets of rowing and 30 on the treadmill
Grateful for the wood burning stove although the box, like Mr. A said is pretty small. I need to go buy some fire gloves so I can, if needed handle a hot ember or piece of wood.