Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 120

Old 11-25-2022, 07:30 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I have fallen behind for a few days in everything.
Im grateful I got off my rear end and went to a meeting yesterday.
I am grateful for sharing dinner yesterday with a wonderful friend. She had 2 other people from her church over. It was nice to get away from family honestly. Her husband loves to cook so it was quite a feast as her husband is a gourmet.
I’m very grateful I do not have a pounding head and not going to work still under the influence.
Grateful the stray kitten is still here.
I’m grateful for my sponsor being at the meeting. She is not happy that I have been isolating and let me know!
I am grateful for everyone here.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:09 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

So true about always cleaning the kitchen!
Hev, super grateful you posted that quote. I needed to hear that
Numblady, glad you mentioned that about victim mentality. I sometimes slide into that which is where I’ve been this week. It’s not a good place to be. I need to work on acceptance and letting go of what I don’t have control over
Zura, glad you have AC now. It seems like it’s become a necessity most places
Britbird, hope the niggly jibs are all done. I have a few of those today. Btw, have you tried Beyond Burger plant burgers? Love them! Though they may have swapped saturated fat for sodium 😮
Grateful for a wonderful Thanksgiving with Mr F’s family and that sonny boy had fun with all his cousins. Grateful that it’s been a while since anyone has drank alcohol at these family gatherings. We just don’t go there and it’s really cool to have 10 grownups in the room and not a single one drinking
Grateful to have slept in and had great quality sleep also
Grateful after a full week of internet and cable problems and hours on phone with tech people, the problem seems fixed at least for now at least at my house. Some of the neighbors are still affected and I really feel for them
Grateful to receive a reply from the contractor who assessed the log standing roof leak problem they supposedly fixed months ago. Grateful Mr F and I are on the same page about a response, that we need some answers why this is still a problem and why they are asking for another 4K when they supposedly guarantee their work. Was really super mad about this and my blood is starting to boil again so I should move on
Grateful to get some professional help around some investments that have done poorly. Grateful that the trend of the market is that it always goes back up again eventually, right?
Grateful sonny boy decided against hanging with friends today to work on school projects
Grateful for my exercise bike
Old 11-25-2022, 10:44 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Grateful to keep things simple and to know that "better is more".
Old 11-25-2022, 10:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - I remember being disappointed when alcohol wasn't served - now, it's just the opposite.
I'm grateful most of you had a pleasant, low drama T-day.
I have stuff to do. Jibs that aren't so niggly.
Love to all.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:38 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Fearless I've seen them but haven't tried them yet, been eating a lot of the quorn brand and enjoy those. The mcdonalds mcplant is quite tasty too! Thanks for the tip i will give them a try soon.

Thanks CBS, insomnia does suck! I go through spells where I'm ok and then have really bad week or so and then fine again.

Hev, glad its just jibs and not nigglys lol, I don't think I'm ever without a list of them . Lovely quote, good to be reminded of these things we often take for granted.

NL glad you had a nice day and slept well despite being woken in the middle of the night.
Hope all in the US had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday.

Grateful to watch some Netflix in bed tonight.
Grateful no school run tomorrow.
Grateful for some nice food to eat this weekend.
Grateful to have nearly finished my Xmas shopping (now to consider when can wrap without getting busted)
Grateful for Bryony Gordon's Glorious Rock bottom, so incredibly frank and honest but actually very lighthearted and slightly humorous.
Grateful for SR and all that contribute here, so amazing to get those thoughts and feelings out there.

Old 11-25-2022, 01:43 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

Quick fly by, I'm racing the morning sun so I can get my work done while there's still shade.

This morning I am grateful for:
- the opportunity to harvest one of my garlic crops and that despite the weather it's half decent in size and quality. Infact it's better than my previous attempts.
- that the other garlic crop is still going strong and looks like it'll be an even better result.- for the peace of tranquility of being in the garden and visiting with my lil garden friends.
- that son did the dishes after only being asked once 😳, did it there and then and didn't complain or glare at me like i'd just committed a heinous crime 😱. Miracles DO happen 😜.
- that despite extreme grass pollen count and severe hayfever I've been able to get atleast some work done, even if it's in short bursts and whilst uncomfortable I'm not bed ridden this year.

Best get moving again. Hope everyone that celebrates had a lovely Thanksgiving and hope everyone is well ❤️.
Old 11-26-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

PS, I just saw we posted at the same time. Glad you made it through the big day!
Caramel I love that quote.
Imval so glad you busted out of the isolation and got to a meeting and to see friends.

Grateful the mall wasn’t too insane on Black Friday. And grateful I found a few things I had wanted for a while now (a jean jacket—used and for $20, a dust ruffled hat had been returned so was deeply discounted, and a sweater for my dog because it was super cheap and, I mean, sweaters for dogs!).
Grateful they have a store in the mall that sells used clothes along with new ones. There is just so much stuff already made.
Grateful for the sun coming back out today. Supposedly!
Grateful to have a bit of time to stop by today.
Grateful for all of you.
Grateful
Old 11-26-2022, 04:58 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I need more gratitude in my life.
Grateful for my wife and kids. Grateful for my parents. Grateful for my in-laws. Grateful my last episode was not tragic. Grateful for today.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Grateful to have a kitten on my lap.
Grateful for yoga class this morning and errands to run afterwards. I get complacent and negative sitting around being lazy and anxious thinking about things I cannot control.
Grateful I woke up early and can ease into the day.
Grateful there is no snow today.
Grateful to have a sober holiday weekend.
Grateful nobody in the immediate family drinks alcohol.
Grateful for SR.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:20 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

NL, so happy you had a peaceful (-ish, kid stuff aside) holiday, and that you actually braved the mall! Most of the ones around me are pretty depressing now unfortunately.
Brit, you almost finished your Christmas shopping?! That is super impressive, especially since you have young kids!
Fearless, I'm so sorry about the additional $4k - what a nightmare.
Imvalentine, that's great that you had a nice dinner with church friends.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a pretty good night's sleep in a bed with clean sheets.
Grateful to be watching my tendency to be negative and to unconsciously look for faults (in people and situations).
Grateful to spend some more time with my ILs last night, we always have a good time.
Grateful they are leaving today.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 11-26-2022, 05:45 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for all of the wonderful music Irene Cara left us, despite her cussing me out on the phone many years ago.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-26-2022, 06:00 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful for spending the day with Mr. A and Riley pup
Grateful for left over turkey and a salad for dinner
Grateful to get some graupel on our walk
Grateful that we got the wood burning stove running yesterday. I love the heat that comes off it and the smell
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-26-2022, 06:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Matts Bro welcome! Keep coming back.
Imv is your new kitty indoor/outdoor?
Fearless that is awesome 10 adults and no alcohol!
BB amazing that you are almost finished with your Xmas shopping.
Zura I am glad your hay fever is better than last year.
NL I love thrift shopping. My daughters got me into it and it is so sustainable. Much better for the earth.
PS glad you had a good visit with your in laws.

Grateful for my oat milk half caff latte.
Grateful that we "opted outside" yesterday and took a hike. No shopping.
Grateful I got a pile of papers organized, did some bookkeeping for my husband's business done and worked on my mother's estate stuff yesterday.
Grateful we took two more boxes to Goodwill yesterday.
Grateful for a pretty day. Trying to round up some people for tennis.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP
Old 11-26-2022, 10:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

MattsBro - It's great to have you with us.
Zura - Son did dishes without attitude - congrats. Garlic - it's grown around here but is very pricey for some reason. I'm glad yours is taking off.
FBL - Sorry Irene was rude to you! I did love her voice.
CBS - It feels so good to unload our 'stuff'. I have things I've kept just because I've already kept them for 20-30 years - how ridiculous. We don't have to keep on keepin' it. I never miss it once it's gone.
Grateful for more sun & mild weather - but so odd for late November.
Grateful to be almost finished with my online shopping. Going to wait & see what Cyber Monday might have to offer.
Grateful I went back to sleep after waking up at 4am with thoughts of impending doom. Need to knock it off.
Grateful for all the grats shared here. Love you all.

Old 11-26-2022, 12:24 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Grateful for a moment to post.
Grateful my eldest is alive and doing well.
Grateful I had the strength to reach out to my son, who has ignored me for two years now. Grateful I realize I can’t help him, only be me and not too needy and pathetic. It’s his choice to chuck the card in garbage or read it, and HIS choice to respond.
Grateful for good coffee today.
Grateful have perseverance in knitting.
Grateful for the sunshine
Grateful for the niggly jibs reminder. Still need to clean out fireplace.
Old 11-26-2022, 04:52 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

MattsBro, welcome! Glad you are here.
BritBird, glad to see you back.
Lovely to catch up on everyone's grats.
Grateful for all the time with my toddler grandson this week ... I feel closer to him and his parents. Also grateful when other people help out too so that I can get a rest.
Grateful for a very peaceful and low key Thanksgiving ... was with the kids & babies in the morning, but then declined several offers of dinner, and instead went to stay in my van at the marina. Went for a sunset paddle on Thanksgiving. The next morning, Mr. T's other son (not the one with babies) joined me for morning paddleboarding and a nice chat.
Grateful for some time to clean my house today ... after a week of toddler visits, it looks like a bomb went off.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Grateful I’m awake early and have coffee and cinnamon rolls.
Grateful I found a book yesterday after yoga class. I had it years ago and lost track of it. I could never remember the name but it was sitting right in front of me. I opened it randomly to a page that hit home about negative self-centeredness.
Grateful I followed through and did get out yesterday instead of roosting and ruminating on the past.
Grateful I did have a day with no toddlers or children.
Free, I am trying to communicate in a better way with my son. He has huge resentments and I let myself be held hostage in guilt and trying to fix everything. The guilt is mine and he has made choices I am not responsible for. It is hard with my 4 year old Gdaughter involved.
Grateful for the kitten to cuddle with. He is an inside kitty. His outside family are strays so I’m glad we rescued him. It will be almost impossible to find a living situation that allows cats. I’ll cross that bridge when it happens.
Grateful for another sober Sunday.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:38 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Mattsbro
Grateful the shrimp tacos I made last night turned out great
Grateful for the bike ride Mr. A and I did yesterday. We got in about 20 miles.
Grateful for a quiet day

Old 11-27-2022, 04:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello all. Thanks for the welcomes.
Grateful for the in-laws and them helping watch my kids yesterday.
Grateful for my wife and allowing me to go out by myself to hit range balls.
Grateful for the new book (Allen Carr; Quit Drinking) that will arrive today.
Old 11-27-2022, 04:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.