Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 120

Old 12-06-2022, 08:13 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

My post never made it yesterday, kept spiraling. 🤬😡😳😨🤔🤓😜

Grateful for coffee
Grateful I didn’t get broken bones Sunday when I was hit by a speeding out of control skier
Grateful I didn’t feel the need to explain my black eye to the paint store guy who kept looking at me and my husband 😬🫣
Grateful I have artisan bread dough proofing for 5 hours
Grateful for heating pads

Old 12-06-2022, 08:49 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Grateful for my smoothie
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for my chaotic morning with my family
Old 12-06-2022, 09:48 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I have missed many days so I’m grateful to be back and catching up.
Grateful for a job interview yesterday and also grateful I’ve been emailed that I didn’t make the cut. It looked so boring with only 2 owners running a tax business.
Very grateful I shared a snarky family happening with my sponsor yesterday. She walked me through a 10th step on it. I’ve read the big blue book but never thought much about it. It works!
Grateful I have no commitments today as I have a nasty cold. It’s a stay in jammies day. My 4 year old Gdaughter will be here in a bit. I figure she’s already been exposed and she’s easy to hangout with. I do enjoy her.
Grateful for SR.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:08 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful to have a moment to check in quickly.
Grateful for all today's posts thus far.
Grateful shopping's nearly done - except for MrHev. Don't have any good ideas for him.
Grateful for my precious sobriety.
Love to all.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hi all. Ran out of time this morning so afternoon almost evening post.
Free I am so glad you were not badly hurt. Hope you are not too sore from the collision.
Fearless I am trying to age gracefully as well. Quit coloring my hair a few years ago and am pretty happy with the outcome. It is very silver in the front and a little grey in the back. No longer dumping chemicals on my head and saving lots of money too.
Alpine glad you had a nice catch up with an old friend.
NL good you don't miss your old job.
Zura I love watching plants grow too. Especially the ones that will eventually feed me.
Hev I find my son and my husband difficult to shop for and one of my daughters too easy to shop for.
Imv I hope you feel better soon.

Grateful for a good appt. with my Naturopathic doc today.
Grateful for a good appt. with a PT today too. I had my first dry needling in my back. It did not hurt too bad and I hope it helps. Will see in a few days.
Grateful my boss is out of town at a conference. It gives me even more flexibility in my schedule.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:46 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Grateful for the tennis I played last night
Grateful for the post tennis meal my wife brought me
Grateful that it's my older brother's birthday. Happy Birthday Chris!
Old 12-07-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Alpine, ha! I am such a lover of naps. Now I have an even fancier way to describe them.

Grateful for this ritual.
Grateful for people who help animals. Had a dream about some lady trying to corral a bunch of lost shaggy neglected dogs and no one was helping her (including me!)
Grateful Free is ok after the skier plowed into her.
Grateful Imv is back.
Grateful for that saying Caramel put up a couple days ago about enough being a feast. Seeing people posting about home renovations is encouraging but it can bring about a spiral of wishing and wanting. I don’t need that stuff. I may want it. And I may need to get my roof fixed and a tree taken down. But I don’t NEED floors I like better. Or a remodeled kitchen. Or a screened in porch, outdoor kitchen, hot tub, casita, or any of the other things in my fantasies.
Grateful I’ll get a bit of a break from the kiddos.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:22 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:38 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Free, I am grateful you did not get seriously hurt, I have been hit several times.
MattsBro, happy to hear you played some tennis. Was it outside or inside?
NL, I like that term better then naps too. Horizontal life pause.
Caramel, I have to agree with you about enough being a feast. Mr. A and I are far from materialistic and opt for experiences vs things. My MIL has lots of stuff, not a hoarder, but just things/antiques every where, collections everywhere. It's a bit visuallly distracting and overwhelming. We think it is because she grew up very poor and did not have anything.
Grateful that I was able to get my car into the shop for them to look at today. When I took it out yesterday all the lights on the dashboard were on. I tried to do a rest button but that did not work
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-07-2022, 05:58 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Free, so glad you are ok!
Imvalemtine, I hope you feel better
CBS, I will probably eventually let my hair go gray too but not there yet. Just had color and highlight touch up yesterday
Numblady, glad you mentioned that about enough being a feast. I so relate to all of that about the house stuff. Really glad we didn’t get new floors or build that deck off the master bedroom that we dream of but don’t need. We have a leaky roof we need to pay for. That’s the priority
Grateful Mr F still remembers our engagement anniversary which is today. Grateful for the sweet card, and for the first dairy free oat milk chocolate bar ever. He finally sees that I’ve changed after all these years!
Grateful I’ve spent extra time to work ahead this week because now I’ve been given a special project to complete by Monday
Grateful to watch Bee vs Man then play Exploding Kittens last night
Old 12-07-2022, 08:19 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

I woke early but am a late poster.
Grateful I went back to sleep this morning. This cold is kicking my rear end.
Fearless and CBS I am still getting my hair dyed every 6 weeks. The contrast growing it out was too much for me.
Grateful I have no commitments today.
Grateful I can read or embroidery or anything else today.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:10 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Matts Bro it seems we have a few things in common. Tennis, grands as I recall and an older brother named Chris. ;0)
NL I hope you enjoy your break from the kiddos.
Alpine I hope your car is okay.
Fearless Happy Engagement Anniversary!
IMV my hair stylist and I figured out a great to grow out my colored hair. She put highlights in it while it was growing it out so there was no real visible line between the silver/grey and the brunette. I am so happy I finally did it. Like I said I am saving lots of money and it is healthier for my scalp. I actually get lots of compliments on it now. And the crazy thing is young people are dying their hair grey!

Grateful for a quiet house. My husband has gone hunting for a couple days. Sarge is my company and protector along with my cats.
Grateful my back is feeling better after yesterday's dry needling.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a vegetarian taco salad with last nights leftovers. Maybe tonight I will get some yummy takeout.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 12-07-2022, 10:18 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

My goodness, Free; that skiing accident must have been a bit scary. It is good hear that you are basically okay; hope the bruise clears up quickly.

Old 12-07-2022, 11:02 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free - are you sore today from the accident? I never imagined that happening, but I guess it does!
Fearless - I love it that your husband remembered that life changing date. I don't even remember ours.
Alp - Hope car issue turns out to be no big deal. (As if)
Imvalentine - I hope you can rest & the cold goes asap.
Grateful the big rain storm we're having isn't snow - 'cause we'd be buried deep.
Grateful I'm going to start wrapping gifts - earliest ever. My neighbor pointed out that she's always finished shopping & wrapping before Thanksgiving. Well, isn't that special?
Grateful for Christmas movies, though some have been too cheesy, even for me.
Grateful for you ALL.

Old 12-07-2022, 01:15 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Grateful to catch up on posts.
Grateful I'll be having dinner with kids, & grandkids, tonight.
Grateful for sunshine.
Grateful I'm about to motivate to go outside for exercise. Any moment now.
Grateful to try to rethink my relationship with food. I've been in a weird loop of unhealthy eating since Mr. T died ... I have no motivation to cook, and am living mostly on a boring lettuce salad, dumplings, & pizza, over and over. But it's not satisfying, and then I go out and binge on chips, fries, ice cream, chocolate. I've gained 15+ lbs on junk food. So ... I'm working on a plan to change my eating. My therapist advises not to start with deprivation or harshness ... so I've ordered some delicious veggie-rich soups and stews that come frozen (from a local specialty kitchen). Although they're healthy, they're not necessarily low-calorie. I'm hoping to reorient my taste buds away from garbage, and get my mind tuned in to nurturing myself with healthy, tasty food instead of junk ... then hopefully I can work on portion control and start to turn this ship around. I've given myself a huge pass on this, due to my grief, but I can't ignore it any more. Grateful for the availability of healthy food.
Old 12-07-2022, 01:28 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Behind as usual on posting, but still enjoy reading along. Hope your not too sore today Free!

This morning I am grateful for:
- feeling better and finally starting to shake off this lurgy.
- to have a plethora of movies/tv shows to keep me occupied when incapacitated. There's some wonderful watching around!
- for coffee, my life support 😜

Have a beautiful day everyone ❤️.
Old 12-08-2022, 03:48 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Wait...Did I beat NL this morning?
Grateful I kind of slept
Grateful for coffee
Grateful I got to talk with Mr. A yesterday and he comes home tomorrow night
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-08-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Bwahaha Alpine yes indeed! Been reading but just got to the end. Good morning!
Old 12-08-2022, 04:09 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

lol
Good morning to you too
Old 12-08-2022, 04:19 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Zura, I’m so sorry you got struck down the the lurgy. But thanks for teaching me a new word!
Turs, glad that your therapist is helping coax you into just adding in healthy things. Such a more sustainable way to do it than deprivation. At least for most of us I would say. It all reminded me that when I was vegan for a while I did find, make and like a healthy dumpling soup if you ever want it. At least, I think it was healthy. Idk. It kind of involves cooking but mostly just dumping stuff in a pot if memory serves.
PS, your comment reminded me that one of the best speakers I saw in my career was Corey from Hoarders. Somehow we got him to come to a small conference (I have a pic with him!). Anyhow he was so beautifully compassionate in talking about how all types of hoarding (there are definitely different kinds) are about filling a void. I also learned he found his way to it all because he was a firefighter and grew to have compassion for the people in the crowded dangerous homes. I love him!

Grateful for firefighters, especially those with an extra dose of compassion.
Grateful I went and bought a rug off Craigslist and it was affordable, looks good in the space, and I didn’t end up imprisoned or skinned alive in anyone’s basement.
Grateful for today’s reading in codependency reader, about valuing our own wants and needs.
Grateful today I will get a haircut and have my Zoom AA meeting.
Grateful for Thai leftovers in the fridge.
Grateful for this wonderful group.