Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 119

Old 10-14-2022, 01:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today.
Grateful to have had the grace to keep my composure in turmoil.
Grateful for Hevyn to be able to let go of her things. Not easy...

Have a good day Graters ☼
Old 10-15-2022, 04:22 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

CBS, I don’t think it’s selfish to want your mom when you are sick. It’s human. For those of us who got lucky enough to have a compassionate mom, there is just a profound and unparalleled comfort in that kind of support. I hope you don’t beat yourself up at all over it because it’s definitely not selfish in my book! Not that my book has any authority but you know what I mean

Grateful Hev and I can be in the crafty people supporter group. I too am utterly hopeless and unmotivated. For example, on my reunion trip, the night we stayed at my friend’s house everyone made necklaces. My friend brought so many beads you could cover a table with them. And I put one bead on a rope and called it done.
Grateful for everyone’s vivid dreams. I had one right before I finally made myself get up, where my family and I were trying to check out of an air BnB and they were just making messes and then my dad (who really drinks only very sparingly) was trying to “clean up” so he was pouring a big glass of wine so we could get rid of the bottle and he could drink it. At like 9 a.m. And I thought what a waste. What a distraction. Just pour it out. I also got furious at my sister because she and her husband were just taking off to go have fun and leaving the rest of us in the lurch. And I couldn’t open my eyes because I was so tired. And the coffee wasn’t working. Also I had put the percolator out in the yard. Why a percolator? No idea! dreams are weird.
Grateful Alpine got rain and that we also often post at the same time.
Grateful for Free’s pic and Turs’ painting.
Grateful CK could keep calm in turmoil.
Grateful for minimal must-dos/commitments this weekend. Just a lot of niggly jibs. That reminds me, haven’t seen Brit Bird in a bit.Or Zura. Thinking of both of them and all our gratters near and far.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful it is supposed to finally cool down tomorrow night. It is still in the 90s every day here and so dry. Grateful I heard someone very aptly describe our fall as Third Summer.
Grateful my parents are coming to stay next week so I can go to a conference.
Grateful for each and every one of you here.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Turs, and the painting, WOWZER

Prayers being sent across the universe to our GP who have headaches, tummy aches, toothaches, and most of all, heartaches.💔

Grateful I have you all
Grateful I had my special measuring spoon for two years until MIL apparently threw it out yesterday while I was helping eldest.🥄🥄🥄🪦
Grateful the garbage was so gross, I stopped looking for it 🪣
Grateful that my husband is forgiving on coffee, I am not. Hope my guesstimate works this morning.😩🤞🏼
Old 10-15-2022, 05:12 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

NL, I'm going to try to improve on my posting consistency so we can get back on track with our timing!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I was able to sleep in, while my son and husband had to get to school at 5:15 (thank God my husband could come home and go back to bed - in awe of my son sometimes).
Grateful I was able to get on the Nike website to keep refreshing my browser for a pair of silly shoes he wants.
Grateful I have plans to see my MIL and SIL today - it's been way too long, especially since most of my "elder care energy" has been consumed by my parents.
Grateful Free mentioned a crafters thread, I'll definitely have to check it out! I'm not crafty per se, but I love painting furniture and decorating. Listening to a podcast and painting an old cabinet is my idea of heaven. On that note, Turs - I need to reach out to you to see about purchasing one of your works. You're truly gifted.
Fearless, cabinets are next-level, but I'm contemplating it for a little-used bathroom.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for my oat milk latte made at home.
Grateful for a weekend free of ER visits(so far ha ha).
Grateful I am feeling a little better everyday.
Grateful for a walk with a friend yesterday.
Grateful for 667 days of sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 10-15-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful I got more fabric cut for another quilt
Grateful I got up early enough to make Mr. A homemade crepes including raspberry sauce and whipped topping
Grateful for my walk yesterday
Grateful my hip is feeling better, it's not great and I imagine it will take quite a while to feel better. Even though it has been close to 4 months already
Grateful for all of you
Old 10-15-2022, 07:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

You are so talented Turps! Have you ever thought of selling your works? Maybe you’ve mentioned that already
CBS, I’m an oat latte drinker too. Trader Joe’s has an awesome Oat brown sugar creamer. I could probably avoid the sugar though or cut back to not daily. Glad for no new ER visits
Grateful to start rewatching breaking Bad with sonny boy and Mr F
Grateful for a great lunch yesterday with boss and coworker
Grateful to order a few hardback books. Decided I want to sometimes go back to real books and not just buy kindle format. I’d like to have a nice book case again someday
Grateful for no major weekend plans. Planning a long run and some hiking. Maybe some art and healthy baking. No work for me this weekend!
Grateful for all of you ❤️
Old 10-15-2022, 07:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning all-
I'm grateful I found this thread
And...
Grateful for my cats-even thought they think they need to eat at 3AM
Grateful I am relatively healthy and can pretty much do what I want exercise and general life skills-wise.
I'm just grateful to be here.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:47 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

NL - Norhing wrong with one bead on a rope.
Free - I've apparently thrown away forks & spoons - we are missing a few.
CBS - I'm so glad you're doing better.
Alpine - Such a fancy breakfast - how lovely. I had boring toast.
Grateful for one more warm day before the big chill sets in.
Grateful for another fall foliage ride tomorrow - going to be over soon, it's so windy.
Grateful I had salad for dinner yesterday - I feel slender & healthy.
Grateful that the basement wall leak turned out to be nothing - just some caulking needed. I awfulized & imagined it was a foundation problem.
Grateful for you all! Every day.

Old 10-15-2022, 11:42 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I have to say I was impressed with it too Hevyn, I had to run between the apartment kitchen and MIL's kitchen to get what I needed. The homemade whipped topping and raspberry sauce turned out great.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:06 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

late to the party, but grateful to be here.
Grateful I awoke early enough to get to a swap meet to try to sell some sporting gear. Nothing sold but I learned some things about pricing and where else to sell it.
Grateful for a phone chat with my sister.
Grateful the heater worked when I turned it on for the first time this year. It's really fall now.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:41 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Alpine, those sound so delicious!
Free, sorry about your spoon! I have a grinder that measures (supposedly). Other than that I make it from the heart by eyeballing and suffice to say some of the results have been less than optimal. I mean, if a little’s good, a lot’s better right? Hope yours turned out okay.
CBS/Free, I think I’ve mentioned it before but I really have been genuinely supervised how good oat milk can be in coffee drinks. Who would have known those gloppy lumpy things would be so good. I mean, someone did and I am grateful to them.

Grateful like Samwitch that I can at least theoretically do whatever in terms of exercise. I have mental and motivational limitations but my body is able.
Grateful to have watched Hocus Pocus 2 with my daughter last night. I was never really sure why people were so excited about it since I though the first one was kind of a snooze—but the second one was definitely enjoyable and I liked how they made it more modern.
Grateful for my stash of movie candy! Haven’t had occasion to bust that out in a while.
Grateful for a meeting yesterday about “easy does it” and how a lot of us tend toward impatience and overwhelm. At least, that was what I took from it.
Grateful that yesterday I had a bit of personal progress in that i made some choices in the morning to change things up so I wouldn’t have to be in such a hurry, so I didn’t feel like I had to do the hard workout—AND, this was the new part, gave myself permission to not spend the whole time beating myself up or questioning what I could have/should have been doing instead. I just let myself enjoy a walk and podcast. I realized in the meeting that my tendency is to want to wait until everything is done, the whole house is clean, everything is organized and quiet, and THEN I can relax. But that’s not how it works. There will always be so many niggly jibs. We have to make the deliberate choice to select things that fill our cup even if things go undone. And also recognize that any time we can do this we are fortunate. There are people working multiple jobs or moms of young kids (one was on the meeting yesterday), etc. for whom it really is harder to have any space to slow down.
Grateful my life now allows me some space to make the conscious decision to slow down a bit and look for things that bring me joy or satisfaction. Not because they are productive per se. But because I enjoy them. I’ve built a life where my enjoyment is based on the productivity of an activity. It’s not a formula for long term growth.
Grateful my therapist is helping me reframe some of my thoughts.
Grateful I did also manage to get one long-simmering chore off the list and that is, get my son to go pick out glasses frames.
Grateful for naps.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-16-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
NL, they were quite good and Mr. A wanted some today again so since I still had the ingredients crepes it is/was. What is your movie candy? I may have to swing by with a movie
Grateful I slept fairly well
Grateful for a walk yesterday
Grateful to have spent the day with Mr. A
Grateful for all of you
Old 10-16-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Grateful for another gorgeous Fall day-and to wake up to it sober.

Ohh....I'm thankful for Halloween candy like Numblady-in fact I'm going to go buy some, the power of suggestion :-)

I'm grateful for this thread-it centers me.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:23 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your posts
Grateful to be late to the thread because I slept
Grateful a classmate is entering the fifth month of sobriety, a wonderful accomplishment of self love
Grateful I have another chance to get my coffee right today
Grateful the dream I had where I lost my diamond out of my ring was just a dream, but in my dream, I found it
Grateful took the day off of daughter yesterday, took a long walk, and made dinner for the in-laws
Grateful hubby knew I needed that walk, it was just what the dr ordered (I was so stressed and upset after three weeks of hell)
Grateful that some of you would like to check out the craft thread. 🧶🪢🧵
Pun intended 🤓🥲🤣😂😅🥹🥹

Old 10-16-2022, 07:43 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Samwitch I hear you on the 3 am cat call!
Free, glad you got out for a walk and your husband knew that’s what you needed. Craft thread/thred. Hehe. Clever
Hev, so nice to feel slender and healthy 😊
Hev and Numblady, I do have a tendency to be impatient, get overwhelmed, and awfulize 🙃 Numblady, my therapist reminds me to stop “shoulding” on myself. Sounds like you are going through a beautiful transformation
Grateful I received a few of the hard books I ordered. These are like children's books but have deeper philosophical significance for adults. Hope for the Flowers, The Tree that survived the winter, and The Boy the mole the fox and the horse. I read them all yesterday and just cried over the sweet special meaning.
Grateful sonny boy enjoyed his time with friends yesterday
Grateful for a 9 mile run
Grateful a new season of The Sinner has started
Grateful my healthy chocolate frosting with avocado, cocoa powder and maple syrup turned out great.
Grateful for you
Old 10-16-2022, 07:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

https://youtu.be/Dl2G0tay4Wc

for you, samwitch. And anyone who gets the early morning cat call
Old 10-16-2022, 07:49 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Just because
Old 10-16-2022, 08:36 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Grateful to finish a sewing project last night and put away my sewing stuff for awhile. It's usually strewn about the living room, but I like to have a break from the visual chaos.
Grateful for a day of zoom meetings ... some social, and some volunteer-business. It will be nice to have the company.
Grateful I seem to have avoided covid on my recent travels, to a place where there's a lot of covid.
Grateful that bird migration has started around here ... need to find some time to get out there with the binocs.
Grateful for this group.