Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 119

Old 10-12-2022, 10:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Palmer - Glad you are feeling better, & happy to hear your husband is doing fine.
FBL - Congrats on your raise. How nice.
Free - It's good you called about that trouble. Bad things are happening everywhere. The world is upside down it seems.
Fearless - I was going to get that book months ago, but forgot. Glad you reminded me. I saw the Pi movie & I was a bit confused. Need to give it another try.
Sam - Cookies are always comforting.
Grateful for yet another sunny, warm-ish day. Yard work can be finished.
Grateful for a new TV stand with a little fake fireplace. Thought it might be tacky, but it's cute.
Grateful a close friend has a new man in her life after years of being alone. It happened when she stopped 'looking'.
Grateful for Toll by Plate - we get billed by mail instead of having to search for coins as the toll booth approaches.
Grateful for chrysanthemums.
Love to all who read this.

Old 10-13-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Fearless, again our boys are on the same wavelength. My sonny boy read Life of Pi over the summer. Well, “read”. I generally get him the audiobook if I can because it works better for him.
Hev, great point about the coins and the bill by plate.
Free, so glad you called the police. That kind of violence can be so lethal. Praying for the woman. I am so sorry you have had to set that boundary with eldest because the journey to get there had to be so painful—and surely still is.

Grateful for curbside grocery pick-up. I never would have discovered this had it not been for covid. I haven’t done it in a while just because my brain has been so absorbed and scattered with other things I couldn’t plan ahead like that. But did it last night for some stuff I didn’t get when I went the last time.
Grateful for other conveniences I first used thanks to the pandemic but that are nice treats every now and again. Door Dash, Amazon Fresh, etc.
Grateful today is therapy day.
Grateful that right after I complained about being so tired yesterday, the reading in Language of Letting Go was about patience with ourselves when we are going through grief or change—and divorce is certainly both things for me. “The process of adapting to change and loss takes energy.” It talked about needing to cocoon, needing to not expect more from ourselves than we can deliver, etc.
Grateful to be reading Quit Like a Woman. Was worried it would be repetitive and boring since I’ve listened to a bunch of the author’s podcasts and read some of her various posts. But not so far.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:43 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to talk to Mom on the phone yesterday and that her Covid symptoms are mild.

Grateful that Fran is in the hospital and getting the care she needs.

Grateful for some cooler fall weather.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-13-2022, 05:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Been absent for a bit. I have been suffering from an allergic reaction to one of my antibiotics. I think it is under control now. I have been to the ER 3 times and the doctor twice in the past 10 days or so. Hopefully, I am now on the mend. Feeling better than I have in a few weeks. It was scary because I thought my diverticulitis was taking a turn for the worse but it was the allergic reaction. I had chills, fever, joint pain and then a rash over my whole body and my face swelled up! The Pharmacist and I figured it out. No more Sulfa drugs for me!

FBL congrats on the raise!
NL I love curbside grocery pick up and it is free.
PS good to see you and I am glad your husband and son are doing well.
Alpine glad you got to have that date night!
Hev that is often the case that people find their person when they are not looking.
Fearless I need to get back in the reading habit. I am guilty of looking at Sober Recovery when I am in bed and not reading a book.
Free I am glad you are almost done with the condo and set some boundaries.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for helpful pharmacists.
Grateful for my daughter coming over to put steroid cream on my back.
Grateful my husband finally got his new truck.
Grateful I am feeling better. Fingers crossed!
Grateful fro SR and the GP.
Old 10-13-2022, 05:57 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Grateful for the mild symptoms of your mom, FBL
Grateful NL is reading two wonderful books.
Grateful Samwitch is doing WONDERFULLY! You got it this time, never repeating again, the ‘getting sober’. Staying sober is so much easier, and life is so much better.

Grateful for coffee
Grateful took the day off eldest, although I did pick groceries and a furniture order and met hubby in the garage at her condo. She’s like a little girl, and I still love her. She needs so much help, but she’s learning she’s GOT to play nice.
Grateful for good sleep.
Grateful for my husband and stepson
Grateful for all of you.
Grateful to start a new knitting project (my cancer hand is working . 🙃
Old 10-13-2022, 06:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hev, Pi is deeply philosophical. I love it. I had to watch the movie twice.
Numblady, yes our boys do seem to have much in common 😊
I am reading the language of letting go too. This book and my therapy have raised my awareness of my codependency issues
Free, so glad you are starting a new project
CBS, oh wow! I’m so sorry what you’ve been going through. I’m glad the doctors figured out the problem and I hope you are in the mend
FBL, glad your mom and Fran are doing ok
Grateful we bought a house when we did and refinanced two years ago. No refinancing happening now
Grateful for the love bug sitting in my lap
Grateful for a very appreciative client. It’s motivating to be thanked so often
Grateful to see my fellow karate mom friend last night
Grateful for Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods
Grateful for Amazon
Grateful for my teacher, friend, educator, and everything resource - Google
Grateful for beautiful fall weather
Grateful to work on writing today - both work and personal
Old 10-13-2022, 09:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - I'm glad Mom is doing better.
CBS - It's awful you've had all that trouble - glad you found the reason. Hoping you'll feel much better soon.
Free - What is the project? I never learned to create anything. Well, a scarf - but that doesn't really count. Wonderful that your hand is better.
Fearless - We bought this house a year ago & since then interest rate has more than doubled. We'd never have afforded it now.
Grateful for the multi-colored carpet of leaves on both lawns.
Grateful for a leaf blower
Grateful we can still sit on the deck for a few more days before it's frosty.
Grateful for corn on the cob that we froze in July. First time we tried that.
Grateful for the GP, for SR - and all the brave & wise people I'd never have met if not for this place.

Old 10-13-2022, 11:13 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful to be back home, and catching up on all your posts.
CBS, I'm sorry you've had health challenges ... please be gentle with yourself. I have found that grief, and multiple losses, take a lot out of me physically ... important just to rest and baby ourselves.
Fearless, I'm sorry about the friend's father ... very sad, and triggering to be sure.
Grateful I had a really nice time in Italy, and enjoyed the company of my old friend/travel companion. I didn't know how it would be to revisit Italy since losing Mr. T (we went together a few years ago). I did feel sad in Florence, in a few places we had visited together. But I was able to really savor the new places I went and to take pleasure in being there. There were a lot of crowds and I was about the only one with a mask on! Knock wood hopefully I escaped without covid.
Grateful to have a quiet day to recover from jet lag and catch up on mail, bills and laundry.
Grateful to be reconnected to you all and hear your updates -- I missed the GP!
Old 10-14-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for all of you!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-14-2022, 03:58 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Coming through quickly to post - TGIF!!!

Grateful for coffee (extra strong jet fuel today).
Grateful that my most stressful meetings/presentations this week are behind me.
Grateful I used meditation before an especially challenging one.
Grateful I've starting painting furniture again, which is easily my favorite de-stresser.
Grateful Derry Girls has a new season on Netflix.
Grateful to have the chance to see my MIL and SIL tomorrow.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:03 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Grateful CBS is feeling better. Sheesh! You are handling it all with grace. May the health problems get on down the road now.
Grateful Turs is back.
Grateful FBL’s mother is experiencing only mild symptoms.
Grateful Free took a day off and that her cancer hand is working.
Grateful Fearless and Hev are experiencing fall weather.

Grateful for be able to post. Migraine came on yesterday afternoon. Makes it impossible to read for a while. Grateful it was considerate in that it picked a night my kids weren’t here, and I just had to cancel a vet appointment and not make progress on this work thing, but i didn’t have anything too big going on.
Grateful the house got cleaned yesterday.
Grateful to figure out Apple Cash for my kiddo. She is going to the mall today —yikes!
Grateful to gain some reminders/perspective about how miserable school probably is for my son. Doesn’t mean he can just not participate but still, important to recognize.
Grateful there is an alternative high school in town. May need to look into that.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Grateful to have posted at same tine as PS just like the old days
Old 10-14-2022, 05:27 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful for all of the rain we got yesterday
Grateful I started to cut out fabric for a quilt
Grateful I was able to use the rowing machine without hip pain, but my back was hurting.
Grateful for Mr. A
Grateful for all of you
Old 10-14-2022, 06:12 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Free I am glad you are back at knitting.
Fearless I love Fall too.
Turs so glad you enjoyed Italy and stayed healthy. I hope to go someday.
NL and Turs thanks for your kind words, this has been a really hard time for me health wise and it has made my grief surface too because my mom was always so good to talk to when I was sick. Really missing her for selfish reasons.
PS I am glad your stressful week is behind you.
Alpine I am glad you got to row.

Grateful my son called last might and he and his new girlfriend are coming fro Christmas.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful to be walking with a friend in a bit.
Grateful that my allergic reaction rash is fading.
Grateful that I am able to advance my diet a little and my gut seems to be healing. Fingers crossed!
Grateful for Friday.
Grateful fro SR and the GP.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for the blanket of snow, gently falling as I write
Grateful for a good nights sleep
Grateful I got some difficult things done with eldest, and held my boundary of ending respect
Grateful I’m retired, so I can keep starting my project over when the count is off. Fourth time is a charm
Gratedul I started a new thread on SR, “Because we love Crafts”. Hope to see some of you there, and Hev, drop on by, you are never too old to learn.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful my drinking dream was just that, even so, as I had the bottle in my hand, I thought it forward in my dream, and I did NOT drink. That pull on my arms, hands, mouth and mostly mind was very strong on my dream. But my resolve to remain sober was stronger.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Old 10-14-2022, 07:19 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hev, have never tried freezing corn on the cob. Will try it
Turps, so good to see you back. Glad you enjoyed your trip. I can imagine being sad certain times remembering being with Mr T there
FBL, grateful for you too
CBS, glad your allergy symptoms are subsiding
Palmer, I love painting furniture too. I redid all of our cabinets - except the kitchen was done professionally
Free, I’ll try to stop by the craft thread. Love that stuff.
Numblady, wishing you a migraine free day

Grateful for my interesting dreams last two nights. My Dad came to visit me in one 😊 😇 It was super vivid and real I felt like he was reaching out or something. I cried when I woke up but it was a good cry. The other dream was Kevin Bacon was a bartender and offering me a virgin cocktail. We had a nice chat 😂 I believe he is sober in real life?
Grateful to be going to lunch with boss and other teammate today
Grateful I got asked to do a podcast. Not sure I will though.
Grateful to be ok with saying no to things I just don’t want to do, or maybe leave options open for later
Grateful for nice fall weather
Grateful for TGIF
Old 10-14-2022, 10:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Free, that photo is stunning! Thank you for sharing the beautiful views in your world.
Palmer, grateful for your heads-up that there is a new season of Derry Girls. I just re-binged the entire thing while on the plane home from Italy, so I'm primed and ready for season 3.
Fearless, grateful you had a vivid dream about your dad, those are such gifts. And Kevin Bacon with a virgin cocktail, what could be better?
Grateful to have my paints and paper back, and the energy to paint last night. Perhaps I'll post it.
Grateful for lunch with a couple old friends today.
Grateful to be home.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:48 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Venice storm w.jpg
Old 10-14-2022, 01:03 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Turs - I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip - and the painting is charming!
NL - Sorry about the nasty migraine. I've never had one, but know many who suffer.
Free - I saw that thread - I'm sure it'll be fun. I'm hopeless, only did a bit of crewel embroidery & counted cross stitch - but I SO agree with the idea of keeping hands & minds busy. I get in trouble when I just sit and stew.
CBS - That'll be fun over the holidays.
Grateful for more sun & colorful scenery.
Grateful MrH is happy the Yankees are in the play-offs.
Grateful to be finally giving away some things I've held on to that make me feel sad. Some stuff I just don't know what to do with, though. Like my charm bracelet I started in high school - I mean, this thing is old. It was added to for many years - some charms from the husband who passed away - no one would want it, but I can't just throw it out. Oops - I just veered into whine territory.
Grateful for each & every one of you.