Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 119

Old 11-06-2022, 06:55 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

I’m grateful I had the little one for a couple of hours yesterday.
Grateful I am definitely going to read today. Numblady I will post about the book. I haven’t read very far but hope to binge read it.
Grateful I can nap or go to bed very early tonight.
Grateful for leftover Halloween candy and coffee!
Old 11-06-2022, 09:28 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for the lovely compliment - right back at all of you.
I do think it's possible to 'feel' each other's intentions somehow?

Zura - I had to google Gumboots. Also known as Wellingtons, apparently? I could use a pair for gardening in the spring.
Fearless - My flipflops & capris/t-shirts are officially put away - so winter may now commence (Except for Zura )
Grateful for a frank talk with my sister about getting older. There was always jealousy in our relationship - but I think we're over it.
Grateful that turning off the constant news updates is working - I'm way less stressed.
Grateful I seem to have regained my willpower after caving in the presence of leftover Halloween candy. (But you go ahead & enjoy it, imvalentine. )
Grateful for the variety of stuff we talk about here! Love to all.

Old 11-06-2022, 09:43 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep and the extra hour.
Grateful for a last-minute visit with my sister-in-law yesterday, that went surprisingly well. She has mental and emotional disabilities and it can be difficult trying to collaborate on anything. She was late to our meeting, but that just gave me time to bird-watch (I had set our meeting in a park with good bird-watching, knowing this would happen). I saw two species new to me, so that was a big perk! And we enjoyed each others' company ... I let go of my compulsion to try to fix all of her administrative problems every time we get together. I finally realized she just wants company, and that paperwork has to wait sometimes.
Grateful to be singing in choir this morning and having a couple of other group activities today.
Grateful for watercolor paint and paper.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:04 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Grateful for a 4 mile hike in a local State Park this morning.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful it is my oldest's 35th birthday today. Holy cow how did I get s o old to have a 35 year old! Don't get to see him until Christmas but hope to speak to him tonight when he gets back from camping.
Grateful the weather is good for daughter's bands outdoor performance this afternoon. Really looking forward to it. She wrote the lyrics and will be singing.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 11-06-2022, 10:13 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober despite a lot of big life speed bumps lately
Grateful that there was rain earlier, then cleared up enough for me to go for 2 walks. Need to burn off frustration and try to get rid of depression
Grateful for my chicken salad I am having again today. Love salads
Grateful Riley is not much of a barker, he will be outside and dogs in the neighborhood will be barking and he will just ignore it and not participate in the group barking conversations
Grateful Mr. A comes back this week
Grateful I am working on another quilt. Mr. A wants me to look into selling them, or sewing other items to sell
Grateful for all of you

Old 11-06-2022, 12:11 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

least - so true re the improvements in living in sobriety. Billie sounds such a gentle, well behaved, sweet girl.

NL - yay for sober wedding friends, that must have been a relief to have someone to talk with. Goofy dancing is the best dancing 😁.

Fearless - oooooh a garden art project sounds awesome!

Samwitch - Mmmmm avocado.....I'm afraid I might turn into an avo one day I eat it so much 🤭

I'mvalentine - I've missed who the lil one in your life is? Hope you get your nap/early night in.

Hev - oh wellies, yes! As soon as I read that the song Billy Connolly sings started playing on my head "If It Wasnae for Your Wellies". I don't know why that lil diddy tickles me so.

Turs - score on the bird watching! A park visit sounds soothing.

CBS - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for your daughter's performance. How lovely that she wrote the lyrics and will sing!

Alpine - so glad you've been able to get out and walk, it's such a worthwhile activity. Re the quilts, I was googling what homemade items sell the best (I'd like a home business) and quilts was on the list.

This morning I am grateful for:
- Hev inadvertently reminding me of the wellies song, it shall keep me company in the boggy backyard today as my gumboots squelch.
- for catching glimpses of the sunrise colours on my drive this morning.
- for the crisp, cool air. Even though the wet, overcast, cold weather has stayed toooooo long, it's nice to work in when it's not raining. It was hot yesterday as I was working, the suns so harsh here. It's either set to grey or fry it seems lol. And I don't even live in the hot part of Oz.
- for overhearing my son watching a vid and exclaiming "puppy" in a cute, childlike way. Made my morning. It's nice to see there's still some innocence under the hairy man outer shell (he's 17 and looks/sounds 30 &#128514.

Best get out to my haven before the weather turns. Hope everyone has a beautiful day ❤️.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:44 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Grateful to get here late than never.
Grateful I set a boundary today with a very uncomfortable situation
Grateful I no longer spout off things I regret to persons im married to.
Grateful to have a room to cool off and process being thrown under the table (figuratively, folks).
Grateful I rehearsed the conversation on SR, then on paper, then in extra room. My hands and heart were shaky all morning.
Grateful for the coffee this morning
Grateful,when I’m upset I don’t want to eat. I never learned to swallow my emotions with food, “just”:alcohol.
Grateful for a spike hike up to a wonderful favorite dead tree. It symbolizes so much to me.

love to all

Old 11-07-2022, 03:49 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-07-2022, 03:55 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

(((Alpine))) sorry for all you are going through. Hope the walk helped. Sending you a massive hug.
Free, that sounds like a really frustrating situation. Hope the talk went well.
Sam, our dogs sound very similar. Mine is a mostly good girl but she’s 95 lbs and very strong willed on the leash. It is getting better but wow is progress slow and non-linear.
Fearless/Hev, wow I definitely need to hold out hope that the anger etc. won’t continue to be directed at me! I need to believe and have faith in my son but holy moly is it a challenge sometimes. His latest experiment in independence is saying things that he knows are anti-woman just to get a reaction out of me or my daughter. I try not to let him succeed but it is tough sometimes. Wait, I’m just whining again crap! I am glad to be reminded of the goodness within him and that he can grow in a positive direction. How is that?
Zura, I’m going to have to google this wellie song!
Hi everybody else!

Grateful for the extra hour. Keep seeing memes about how this is the worst time of the year but I love that it favors having more light in the mornings. And that it feels at least slightly easier to wake up on time or early.
Grateful for some of the stuff in the book i am reading. Last night I was reading about how everyone we meet is a teacher for us and that those that drive us most mad are the strongest reflection of our shadow selves, the things we fear and dislike the most in ourselves. Such a good thing to keep in mind as I go about my life.
Grateful for the mornings. Just so much easier to function for me than at night.
Grateful for a surprise party for a friend yesterday. Her husband did an amazing job. Venue, 3 of her favorite bands, her favorite charity emceeing, a slide/video show playing to the side, not to mention pulling of a surprise involving over 100 guests.
Grateful for FBL’s line about another week of sober adventures.
Grateful for the meditation today from Language of Letting Go about doing something fun today and allowing myself to actually enjoy it.
Grateful for you all.
Old 11-07-2022, 04:32 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober
Old 11-07-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hello to everyone. I hope your week starts out on a good note.
NL that sounds like an amazing surprise party! Glad it was fun.
FBL I love your peanuts avatar.
Sam I love avocado too. The trick is having a ripe one when you want it.
Fearless the garden art sounds fun.
Zura I am glad you are getting a rain break.
Turs I am glad you got some rain.
Hev I agree about the news. But I still try to stay informed just don't have it on as much as I used to.
Alpine I hope the speed bumps stop soon. Big hugs to you.

Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful my daughter's performance went well. Hopefully, they can get some more gigs. But they all have day jobs.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful I am going to a tennis team dinner out tonight. I will probably be the only non drinker so I won't stay long. I will order a mocktail if they have them.
Grateful I am getting my COVID booster today.
Grateful for this wonderful Grat Pack!
Old 11-07-2022, 05:46 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Grateful for another waking up another Monday without the shakes and dreading the day ahead.
Grateful I accomplished closet organizing yesterday. I have no drawer space in my temporary situation and I’m a clothes and shoe hoarder. I found things I forgot I owned. Now I have to find somewhere to wear them.
Grateful to have healthy choices today.

Zura the little one is my sons 4 1/2 year old daughter. It is a long family drama story but she lived with me for 2 years. She was born right when I finished cancer treatment in 2018 and is very special to me.

Grateful for SR!
Old 11-07-2022, 06:46 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi again all, just lost my whole post. Of course it was one after I said a lot to each of you. Oh well, love you all. Grateful for all of you. Have a great day!
Old 11-07-2022, 10:32 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - So of course I had to google the Wellie song. Now it's in my head for the day.
Free - Sending you some love & hugs. What a great pic of your tree. I almost thought that was a bird on top, at first.
Alpine - I'm glad you're taking good care of yourself during this time. I'm so grateful we no longer fall back on our old way of coping. We know it backfires.
NL - I like the way you turned that whine around. I know it's very hard to rise above his behavior, but it's not forever. One day he'll appreciate your kindness & tolerance. My son actually apologized to me once for his behavior as a teen. Never thought that would happen.
Grateful for one more warm day before the chilly stuff sets in.
Grateful for the privilege of voting.
Grateful it isn't a Monday from back in the day - filled with regret over a lost weekend.
Grateful for our GP.

Old 11-07-2022, 10:56 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Alpine, I hope the walk helped lift your depression. It's so good to get out and let nature heal us, even a tiny bit helps.
Free, I'm sorry for what sounds like a rough situation and communication.
Grateful this morning for a good night's sleep, although it was hard won, and resulted in me getting up very late, and losing any advantage of the time change.
Grateful for the chance to volunteer this morning & continue to try to straighten out the church's books which are a mess.
Grateful I got a solar panel for my van, so I can harvest some sun (and reduce a bit of my gratuitous use of energy). Now just have to figure out how to climb up on the roof and install it.
Grateful for the 'day of the dead' altar at church yesterday ... it made me weep to write the names of those I've lost and put them on the altar ... but weeping is good I guess, or at least inevitable.
Grateful my mood feels better this morning after a rocky week.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:12 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

CBS/Sam, you’re making me think of this meme I saw recently that was basically something like, I’m sorry I can’t hang out with you tonight. I have an avocado that will be ripe from 6 to 615.
Alpine, sending you a big hug again today. Proud of your sobriety.
Fearless, noooooo! I love your responses. Bummed right along with you.
Hev, i can’t believe yours apologized. Mine kind of apologized on a small scale last night. He said “I’m sorry I’ve been so mean to you lately”. But then followed it with: “but it’s just so hard not to and i don’t know how to stop”. I didn’t know what to say. I just asked him if he could keep the cruel stuff to himself.
Imvalentine, way to go on the cleaning!
Turs, your description of the hard fought night of sleep is perfect. And sadly, exactly what happened to me last night!
Missing Mags, Alysheba, Daisy, PS, and RZ, among others.

Grateful I did make myself do something fun yesterday. Which ended up being watching an episode of Derry Girls. I love their accents so much.
Grateful I got the divorce decree at least done to the point that I could send it to my husband. Grateful that part of my middle of the night tossing was deciding that I may still need to consider firing this law firm for my own sanity and dignity. It’s still a toss up because of being slowed down by it but the thought of paying them any more money for the crap service I’ve gotten is … unappealing.
Grateful my life keeps me so preoccupied it’s not hard to put my head in the sand about elections and current events. It’s what I need right now.
Grateful in some ways my kids have today off. Not grateful in others because I’ve got a most of the day meeting and they will be left to their own devices. Literally and figuratively.
Grateful to try and stop myself when I find that I am storytelling about others’ feelings, motivations, opinions, situation, etc. and about what situations mean to my own value as a person. Don’t always succeed of course. Especially not in the fitful middle of the night for awfulizing time. But trying.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Thanks all for the hugs, I sure needed them
Grateful for my walks which helped somewhat. I am such an outside person.
NL, thanks for the teacher reference
Grateful I did some yard work
Grateful I got some sewing done and started looking around on etsy. Maybe I could make placemats..small things that would be quicker to make..Hmmm. Not sure if they would sell..Hmmm. I got myself thinking now.
Grateful for the garlic butter shrimp I made my MIL and myself. She could not stop talking about it.
Grateful my MIL bought me a set of measuring cups to use in the apartment. I have a set packed deep away in a box someplace
Grateful the chaffels I made yesterday turned out good
Grateful for all of you and your support
Old 11-08-2022, 04:26 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Thanks NL, I appreciate that. Hug right back to you.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Grateful to post before a busy day
Grateful my nose doesn’t hurt after a biopsy yesterday
Grateful for coffee
Grateful that I set a boundary on Sunday with hubbys relative I don’t like so well.
Grateful it will be nice, and I have a chance to play some skilled golf 🤣😂😅
Grateful for all of you here

Grateful for exercise, and our freedom to be outside whenever we like here in America
Grateful for our founding fathers and mothers, I would have been a wuss in the back of a bumpy wagon 😬
Grateful to be sober after some pretty rough spots this fall
Grateful hubby changed his mind about skiing this Friday, it will be too dangerous

Hugs to all - Mags, Peej, imvalentine, Zura, FBL, Vik, Alpine, Fearless, CBS, PS, NL, Turs, Hevyn, and anyone I might have missed.

A special shout out to those lurking, reading, and thinking “I WANT to be sober, to be free of the chains that I confusingly bind myself in”

You CAN do it. You CAN……Believe in yourself. Save yourself, you CAN.

Mwuah ❤️🤓😍