Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 97

Old 01-29-2023, 07:44 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Grateful for the love and company of my little dog. I sense I may not have him for too much longer and I want to spend as much time as possible with him. Grateful to get out for short bursts this weekend but then to be back home with him. Grateful for his soft ears and silly smile.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:16 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Grateful to still be in recovery with you all
Agreed. Ain't life the best?!!

AT - Prayers and hugs for your little dog

BKA - I love cold weather but I don't like being cold one bit. If we're in our pop-up camper I have 20 degree flannel sleeping bags and use either the furnace or a small propane heater. If I'm tent camping in cold weather I have a zero degree Big Agnes mummy bag that keeps me warm. Nowadays there are nice quilted blankets made for hammock camping that you might look into, they are very plush and warm.

Grateful that the weekend has passed, it was busy but very fulfilling. Got a little more food preservation done, got another jar of refrigerator pickles made and dehydrated and vacuum sealed some eggplant, zucchini, and grape tomatoes.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:28 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Astro, I'm definitely getting more gear for cold weather if I spend a winter night in my van again. Burr

I'm staying in my lovely hotel room until the absolute last minute. I can tell the view from the window would usually be dead grass, empty plastic planters, a trash can and a chain link fence; however, a freezing fog has flocked everything fuzzy white and I am so admiring this and grateful for the beauty.

Well off to pack up clothes and take a load out to the van. I'm hoping to get a bit of a winter walk in before I get on the road.
Old 01-30-2023, 08:42 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Ah AT, hope you spend lots of time with your little dog
BKA, glad you got a hotel room
Least, hope you are ok. Grateful for Billie
I’ve been here a few times since last week. But haven’t posted. I get so tired, my eyes close before I can post 😊
Grateful for a laid back week expected at work
Grateful sonny boy doesn’t want a big to do for his birthday. We will just play it by ear. He did ask if I will teach him to make homemade pizza. Wait, this could be his birthday party! He has a close circle of 10 friends. Or maybe we will do the pizza making thing separate with just our family
Grateful sonny boy handled giving notice to his karate instructor very maturely. He is undecided if just taking a break or stopping permanently. He’s a little overwhelmed thinking about high school program. The instructor was very nice. Didn’t try to change his mind. He did say he could come work for him to help the little dragons in the future. A very nice offer that says a lot
Grateful Mr F made chocolate chip cookies and I just went for it and enjoyed one
Grateful to have separate quiet places in the house to enjoy time to myself, like right now
Grateful for Pandora and add free listening
Grateful to feel generally healthy. Though I feel a bit run down like my body is fighting something. Grateful to get to bed soon
Grateful for you
Old 01-31-2023, 04:53 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for another training session tonight, ticket taker for the Super Bowl!
Grateful to get a honey-do list tackled for a client and collect a small paycheck to get me through the week.
Grateful my hernia repair is holding up so well, oh thank you God for that.
Grateful for some free solar yard lamps, we need a bit more light out front at night.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:30 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

So glad the repair is holding, Astro
Grateful to receive electric bill so we know we need to cut back usage. Apparently all of us in CA are now paying for PG&E’s negligence in the wild fires. Oops, sorry for the grati-whine. I’ll get over it. Grateful for electricity. Candles too 😊
Grateful to know there are other nice places to live either in CA or other states
Grateful to make buttermilk scones that turned out so delish. So good with blueberries or jam for breakfast
Grateful to get some reading in today
Grateful for online resources and everything Google leads too including research rabbit holes
Grateful for the variety of healthy foods available
Grateful sonny boy got over whatever was causing his bad mood
Grateful to be able to order prints from CVS and pick up there
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-01-2023, 04:49 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

We are struggling with an outrageously high water bill, Fearless, which is kinda comical since I work for the Water Dept No leaks, but possibly water theft so I've put up wireless cameras and a security light.

Grateful for a plate full of (unhealthy, oops) chicken nuggets for dinner on my drive to a training class.
Grateful for the nerdy, geeky magazines and books I've been reading lately, so much fun.
Grateful to get some light projects done around the exterior of our home and sprayed for weeds.
Grateful for all of you that come to SR each day, you inspire me and keep me sober
Old 02-01-2023, 07:51 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Oh wow, Astro, I hadn't thought that you would be working the super bowl but of course you are. I hope it isn't too stressful for you.

Today I'm grateful for
- an easy drive
- finding a Thai food place right off the highway
- seeing my Dad - gosh I missed him
- getting my sister and aunt on the phone for my Dad to talk to
- my in laws for whom I will be house sitting
- a text from an ailing and aging family member that made me feel she is still with us for a bit longer.

Good night everyone.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:01 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Grateful for you all and your grats. We all survived January! Astro, how cool that you're working the super bowl! You all know I live in Philly and it is just insane. The whole city is eagles mania. I'm not a football fan but I have to admit that it's fun to see everyone so excited.

Grateful to be about to pay my bills this month. Grateful that my big dog is showing me patience and grace as I focus on getting my little dogs health. I'm not sleeping much and he isn't getting as many walks as I'd like. He's being such a good boy about it. Grateful to be heading to my friend's river house on Friday for the weekend.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:51 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers for your ailing family member, BKA. Yes, I'm working the big game. Right now it's just overnight security guarding all the gear and structures on the exterior of the stadium. Cold, lonely, and boring but hey it's a small paycheck and those help. On game day it looks like I may be a ticket taker and that should be a fairly easy and comfortable job, I'm actually hoping for some long hours that day.

Grateful for a successful first run at water bath canning, I managed to get 4 qts of homegrown jalapenos pickled.
Grateful for the healthy banana cream I whipped up.
Grateful for some "me" time while wife had a night out with GF's and I'm grateful she was able to get out and socialize a bit.
Grateful to learn some new material, a Rory Gallagher tune and "Spirit In The Sky".
Old 02-02-2023, 05:28 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that I can order groceries tomorrow.

AT, prayers for your little dog.
Old 02-03-2023, 05:57 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for that heater blasting away in our home, how fortunate we are to have warmth while we sleep.
Grateful for a paycheck today, I'm whining about the amount which is silly because all our needs are met.
Healthy meal last night of a small grilled pork chop, avocado, sauteed mushrooms, pita chips, and eggplant dip. My wife loved it! Grateful for that.
Grateful for an hour of guitar playing and reading before I fell asleep, I'm trying to be mindful of getting good rest when I can.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:35 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Astro, I knew you were in Arizona but just noticed that you are in Scottsdale. When I was down in the area, I followed a bit of the story about Rio Verde Foothills. I'm in Colorado so we too are trying to figure out how to use less water. Ugh.

I didn't post last night so am doing it this morning. I'm dragging at need a bit of an attitude adjustment which listing gratitudes can help.

Today I'm grateful for
- finiding my phone charger
- having an incredible audio book (A gentleman in Moscow) to listen to
-my in laws finding a plane to get to Florida
- my nephew texting me back
- getting a bill paid, a text to a financial advisor and a request to my renter (wonderful renter responded promptly)
- racking up almost 10 k steps yesterday with a double lap of the local park and also 10 min of yoga

Okay I'm off to vacuum, gather together a bit of my dreaded pile (mail, bills, junk that I need to sort)

PS, I'm grateful for the guy dressed in blaze orange who just rode his unicycle by the house!! It gave me a smile and reminded me that many folks are out there doing crazy stuff for the good of themselves and the world.

Thank you all for showing up for your lives and sharing whatever comes your way her on the Gratitude Forum.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:13 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I get my water from Phoenix, BKA, and I'm also a Water Dept. employee for the City of Phoenix. That situation in Rio Verde is very complicated, and while I don't agree with Scottsdale for cutting off their water supply, it will get resolved in time. By what I understand it's not a new issue, and those households have been getting their water on an old agreement that had run out a long time ago.

Grateful for these things we take for granted. Running water, electricity, gas. These are luxuries that we're fortunate to have.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:39 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Thanks for your perspective Astro. I would think working for a water dept in Arizona would be interesting. I hope the situation is resolved to everyone's satisfaction.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:17 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Bka, glad you got to see your dad
Astro, the pork chop meal sounds delish. Btw, wouldn’t it be nice if you could get a discount on the water bill for being an employee? 😊. Despite the high cost of both water and gas/electric, I am also grateful we have it. Sonny boy brought this up today when I was talking about the increases. Bless him
AT, thinking of your little dog
Hi Least
Grateful for the rain today
Grateful to get out and do a little shopping
Grateful sonny boy got accepted into all three of his chosen HS art program
Grateful to celebrate with pizza and grateful sonny boy is a cheap date. We offered a fancy dinner out. But nope
Grateful to watch The Accused with Mr F. Though disturbing, it is very good
Grateful to be reading Shoe Dog
Grateful an art project turned out well
Old 02-04-2023, 07:30 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

Tonight I'm grateful for
- watching Call the Midwife while holding hands with my Dad
- getting 4 game hens for a family dinner
- a good walk with the dog
- a non alcoholic beer this evening
-the chickens that I get to take care of - they really are pleasant critters.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:02 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fearless, that's a nice dream, imagine the uproar from the public if they found out we got a discount on water I'm just grateful to understand how the water supply system works, to be able to assess and address leaks in our home, and for the luxury of having life sustaining running water that's safe to drink.

Grateful to be home for a few hours resting this morning, and I'll be grateful too when the Super Bowl is over next Sunday and I can just go home and rest.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:13 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Grateful for the internet to keep in touch with you all

Grateful for my thera-cane to work on the knots in my back while watching movies
Old 02-05-2023, 08:55 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good to see you Purpl. This place is a constant source of support for me.

Tonight we had a family dinner at my brother's that was lovely. A bit of a disagreement over whether it should be game hens or lamb chops but the hens won. Dinner was enlivened by discussion of one of my nephew's snakes that had recently escaped and was loose in the house somewhere. This snake is long and about as thick as a small woman's arm. After dinner entertainment was tearing apart house looking for snake which was found in one nephew's sock drawer.

For family dinners and minor drama for entertainment, I am deeply grateful.