Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 96

Old 06-13-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So glad you're feeling better and you got to talk to Sonny, Fearless. You know you mean the world to us. Those bracelets sound so awesome. I wish I had something like that. Remember, you are a great mom.
Astro, you are such a gift.
So happy to see you all here. Love bedtime grats, even though I post earlier these days.
Grateful to be running an errand for my mom later and one for me. Although I really don't feel like it, still quite tired, but I will.
Love and peace to all. 💖💟☮💞
Old 06-14-2022, 01:06 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

This evening I am grateful for delicious healthy food
Old 06-14-2022, 04:13 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Zura, what did you have? I am always looking for new ideas.
Old 06-14-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful to always be making new friends at work.
Grateful to be working from home today, AC's not working at my office.
Grateful to work in the shade and have fans blowing on us yesterday evening.
Grateful for all of you, thank you for your daily inspiration that lifts me up.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:39 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Grateful I got a fair amount done yesterday. We are still missing some things I couldn't get at Grocery Outlet. I'm going to have to go to Lucky or something. It seems like the cupboards are sometimes a bit bare at the store and inflation is freaking me out a little. $7/gallon for gas for my little econo car. My mom's car takes premium and the prices for that are outrageous. Prayers that inflation slows down soon and a lot! I want to get a hybrid. I need to start playing the lotto again! Grateful we are able to make it. So grateful. Prayers for those struggling.
Astro, glad you are making friends.
Grateful to probably take my mom to lunch today. She doesn't get out much and I think it would be good for her. She's 85 now and sometimes hard to watch her be so frail and shake sometimes. I sure hope she stays healthy and is around for a while.
Grateful for my blessings and grateful for all of you! 💖💟☮💞 Love and peace to everyone.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Alpine, im eating wholefood plant based (no dairy, meat, processed grains, sugar, oil, salt) atm so it might not be delicious to others but I'm finding without those extras the flavours of the vegetables and herbs and spices are just amazing. I had loaded vegan sweet potatoes basically baked sweet potato halves, fluffed up with a fork. Topped with a bean, corn, homemade salsa, taco seasoning filling and rebaked. Then the most important part apparently is the squeezing of lime juice over everything and I top it with avocado. It's just me eating and the filling works out to be alot for one person so I eat it with baked; capsicum, mushrooms, zuchinnis, potato and sometimes as a salad topper for days after lol.
Old 06-14-2022, 02:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Zura, that sounds awesome. I was vegan for a year, went and got blood tests done and my cholesterol levels were horrible. I went back to eating meats and the levels went back to normal. Go figure.
Checking in early because I may not have time later
Grateful I survived taking my Mom to yet again another appointment and despite her getting grumpy with me and being noncompliant with most things the Drs have been telling her I kept on my sober path. I was getting quiet frustrated..although I didn't show my Mom that and quite anxious which normally would send me drinking. Instead I treated myself to lunch. Much better decision. I rationalized in my head better spend money on a healthy lunch rather than alcohol.
Grateful for a beautiful day
Grateful for the texts returns I got from my SIL
Grateful we may go biking along the canal tonight
Grateful for our adorable dog Riley
Old 06-15-2022, 12:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Glad you got the cholesterol back under control Alpine
This evening I am very grateful for orange juice
Old 06-15-2022, 03:20 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

MMMM. OJ. I have not had that in very long time
Old 06-15-2022, 05:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Zura, the filling and sweet potatoes sound delicious!

Grateful that I was able to get some things done around the house yesterday, there's a long list of chores when half of a couple is away for work!
Grateful that my brother is doing as well as can be expected.
Grateful for these quiet times of the day when I can gather my thoughts and try to center myself.
Grateful that I've got some side work this afternoon, I need to get some groceries in the fridge before my wife returns and yeah the inflation is a burden on all of us.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:05 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning all, I'm doing bedtime gratitude in the morning. Ah well.

Yesterday I'm grateful for:
-getting 20 minutes of yoga in waiting for the library to open
-my brother and nephew coming to visit
-the beautiful library the next town over.

Walk in beauty all.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Zura, I try to eat mostly plant based too. But I do sometimes have chicken or salmon. Alpine, so weird about the blood test results. I’ll be interested to know what mine are next time. Alpine, I’m so so glad you handled the difficulty by treating yourself to lunch instead of alcohol. That is awesome!
Astro, I hear you on the gas prices. Aly, the grocery supply issues and inflation too. It’s pretty crazy and scary.
Grateful for team support at work
Grateful Mr F took sonny boy and his cousin to the community pool today and they are going to movies or bowling tomorrow
Grateful for a fun and challenging monopoly game.
Grateful I have a skin treatment tomorrow. I have rosacea and do laser once or twice a year to keep my skin healthy. This treatment plus the no alcohol has really helped.
Grateful for self care and compassion
Old 06-16-2022, 01:14 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm really enjoy reading everyone's posts, thanks for having me ☺️

This evening I am grateful for streaming services, watching Obi Wan Kenobi mini series. May the force be with you 😝
Old 06-16-2022, 04:15 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Fear, I know..Right...I tried to be vegan a couple of times and it messed up my levels. I must be an enigma.
Grateful to have taken our new ( we got them in April) paddle boards out last night. Very fun
Grateful for another sober day and night
Grateful for a quiet place to live
Grateful I live close to a grocery store so I can walk, which takes 20 minutes, to or ride my bike
Grateful for all of you
Old 06-16-2022, 05:50 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
This evening I am grateful for streaming services, watching Obi Wan Kenobi mini series. May the force be with you 😝
Yesss! I finished up S4 E7 of Stranger Things last night, so tonight I can get back to OWK.

Grateful to work through a difficult electrical issue and complete an installation for a customer.
Grateful that customer tipped me nicely and was happy with my work again.
Grateful for a nice grilled pork chop for dinner, I needed a good meal in me.
Grateful to get a fair night of sleep.
Old 06-16-2022, 08:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Going to the back doctor today. I got a nerve block in my hip last time that didn't really work. Usually I get some kind of relief, but I guess they try their best. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Most of the time this doctor works wonders. I'm so glad I found him. Grateful
So good to hear from you. I put gas in my mom's car, a half tank and it was $60! Well over $7/gallon. She takes premium. CA is so much higher than the rest of the country. We have refineries right here, across the bay! I read they are stepping in to try to halt inflation, thank goodness.
Grateful for my blessing and that I am much better about my mom lately. Grateful we are getting along better and my resentments are dissipating, thankfully. Can't say the same about my sisters, but grateful to feel better about my mom.
Grateful for all of you so very, very much. Love and peace to you all. Have a wonderful day/evening. 💖💟☮💞
Old 06-16-2022, 08:58 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sigh . . . .I have my nephew with me and it has been glorious: we drove all around the valley looking for places to fish, made a favorite recipe and it didn't turn out well, saw a bear circling the house and we kept running around the house to get a good view.

The house is a glorious wreck but he does the dishes every night . . . . I do adore this kid although I wonder where that chubby butterball went and who this 6'2" person is who is still a child.

Old 06-16-2022, 09:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

A wellness person once said to me that the healthability (not sure that’s a word) of foods is not the same as individual tolerability. This seems to be true. When I was told to go on Fodmap,I couldn’t believe all the healthy foods I was supposed to omit. Like spinach and many other veggies
OWK... hmmmm Will have to check out
Astro, yay for ST. So good! Btw, so nice to have those electrical skills!
BKA, sorry about the recipe. How cool to see a bear. Glad you stayed safe
Aly, it’s out of control. The gas prices have Mr F stressed. He worries more since he’s on a fixed income now. But I’m not so that’s good. I go back and forth thinking about early retirement. With how things are now, I can’t even imagine. Grateful I like my job mostly. I hope the block works this time!
Grateful sonny boy and his cousin have had a really good time together. Also grateful Mr F is taking him back home tomorrow. Ready for my space again. But also grateful to have lots of spaces at home to get away by myself
grateful for a big success at work today - saved a client a lot of money through some tough negotiations.
Grateful my laser treatment went well.
Grateful for a warm bath, herbal tea and comfy pjs

Old 06-17-2022, 08:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Aly, I pray that your block brings some relief from the pain

BKA - Your time with your nephew makes me smile, enjoy it!

Yep, watched episodes 3 & 4 of OWK last night, they were awesome and I've heard E5 is mind-blowing so I'll have to watch that tomorrow.

Grateful to make it to an AA meeting last night, I haven't been to one since the pandemic started in 2020. It was like I had never been away, so nice.
Grateful to open my AA Big Book, do some reading, and listen to others share.
Grateful my wife is heading home to a stocked refrigerator and a mostly clean house.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:07 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thank you to all my favorite people for being here and being so kind. It is so good to see all of you!
Grateful I'm getting laundry done. Naturally one of the machines is not working, so it takes twice as long. I wish these "neighbors" would call for service when they break the machines. These new machines seem to be particularly temperamental. I told the office about it for all the good it will do.
Grateful mom and I are getting along better. When I feel the old resentments coming up, I try to quash them right away.
Grateful for my sobriety, ODAAT.
My sister is having a thing for her husband on Fathers Day. Everyone is invited except me. Not that I would go anyway. I sent my nephew who got transferred to Chico a nice card yesterday telling him I missed him and how proud I was of him. I doubt I'll hear anything back. His mother has said so many bad things about me to the kids, they barely talk to me anymore and it breaks my heart. Unfortunately I have really cruel sisters. Grateful I am strong enough to cut them out completely. No wonder I have a headache!
Grateful so much for all of you. Love and peace esp to anyone suffering in any way. 💖💟☮💞