Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 114

Old 03-12-2022, 05:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Grateful I'm not alone in pic-posting challenges.
Grateful our flight was on-time and even a little early because there was a powerful tail wind (the same head wind they had fought on the way down, in reverse).
Grateful this headache is from dehydration and what I hope is the tail end of the crud, not from booze. Can't even imagine how it would be if I had been one of the MANY adults boozing it up in the little airport terminal.
Grateful that what is ordinarily an 11 hour slog on the road was a ONE HOUR direct flight. That was really cheap!
Grateful this airline has a base in Austin (Allegiant). No frills but lots of direct flights out of my hometown. For cheap.
Grateful to think about grocery store related anxiety. Mine is more about the many choices. I walk through looking at everything, worried that somehow my favorite thing or someone else's favorite thing is lurking there and how will I know if I don't try it. and also I could make a recipe with this or that. What if this marinade would really make something impressive? It's so silly but can be super overwhelming!
Grateful I got up today and didn't have to feed any pets or get any children up (I'm at my sister's). Actually I didn't even have to interact with anyone. They are up at her lakehouse. So I am IN A HOUSE. BY MYSELF, y'all. Incredible!
Grateful my parents kept the kids. They were pretty whiny and tired.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Someone on SR told me to use Post Images https://postimages.org to load pictures. It is free. So go to Postimages and create an account, load your pics in there and then copy the direct link. Then click on the picture icon in SR and paste the direct link there.
Old 03-12-2022, 06:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.
Grateful for some fun tennis yesterday.
Grateful for Saturday.
Grateful for some sun peeking out.
Grateful my youngest daughter is moving back to town from NYC today. But she has her own apartment which is good.
Grateful for 450 days of sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Grateful for another good nights sleep
Grateful for my decision to be sober
Grateful the new rental neighbors aren’t as noisy as the others
Grateful for all of you
Grateful my daughter is expected to arrive this evening
Grateful to be in the joint protection program (playing my life safely)

Warm wishes,

Old 03-12-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Alpine, I was thinking there was a photo or video of Riley already posted on SR somewhere - I've never attempted to post a picture myself! Sometimes I forget that this site is completely public. I really hope your house sells quickly and easily, it sounds like it will.
NL, being in a house by yourself must feel amazing! I feel like it will help to clear your mind and get away from the constant in-the-minute demands of daily life. Hoping you get as much peaceful solitude as possible.
CBS, that's great about your daughter moving, it will be so nice to have her close (but not too close!)
Free, I'm going to try "gently speaking." My husband is an extremely sensitive person who generally reacts defensively to criticism (in fairness, I do too).

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to be able to really sleep in, and to wake up to this crazy snowstorm! It's so beautiful and I don't mind having plans cancelled.
Grateful my older son got into another college, which was a surprise. So grateful this whole process will be over soon. There are two VERY long-shot schools that I want him to hear from before he decides - then moving forward and not looking back!
Grateful for a nice meeting with my boss yesterday. She and I connect on a personal level whenever we have a chance to talk one on one, which is rare because of her role but still appreciated.
Grateful hearing about her job really makes me appreciate my own, so much more manageable by comparison.
Grateful my younger son is loving lacrosse so far. Grateful we can afford to let the kids do whatever they want to try. Also grateful that my husband and I are both fairly practical and constantly remind them that they will need to find ways to support themselves in the not-so-distant future.
Grateful for my bed.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone here. You guys are the best.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Grateful for the evening with kids and grandbaby, and spontaneous hugs from grandbaby.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful for seeing the Ruby Crowned Kinglet in the yard this morning. I've been thinking I've not seen so many birds lately, then I remembered I haven't been spending morning time at my window. Reminder to self, if I don't look, I won't see them.
Grateful for the GP.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Free & Mags - Both hand strengtheners look very helpful. Hope they do some good!
Free - Same size as in high school? I'm so happy for you, girlfriend.
Tursiops - Would be great to see some of your art. Googled your Ruby Crowned Kinglet - so pretty.
Numblady - Alone! How lovely - revel in it.
Grateful for the beautiful snowfall. Will be nearly a foot.
Grateful we filled the feeders - must be 100 birds in the yard.
Grateful for peace and safety. So sad for those in peril.
Grateful to think about some travel plans - might stick closer to home than we wanted to.
Old 03-12-2022, 01:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today ☼
Old 03-12-2022, 08:17 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful the birds come to visit our garden.
Grateful I don’t sweat the small stuff.
Grateful to appreciate what I have.
Grateful to read all your Grats. I’m always humbled.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Grateful for another new day, granted grace through another night, and a peaceful nights sleep.

Old 03-13-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Grateful for Riley and Mr. Alpine
Grateful it sounds like we may have 3 offers coming in. They are due by tomorrow am
Grateful this may be the last big snowstorm of the season. Back in CO we usually get one in May that destroys the trees because they have leaves on my then
Grateful for another day
Grateful that even though it is in the teens I will be playing paddle tennis
Grateful for all of you
Old 03-13-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Coming through quickly because I need to hop in the shower!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my husband is doing dishes as we speak.
Grateful the snow looks so pretty, even though it's COLD.
Grateful my younger son called me "the best mom in the world" based on a lunch of tomato soup with elbow macaroni. Clearly it doesn't take much to please him.
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful I got an ok night's sleep, even though it was kind of short.
Grateful to have a full afternoon to fold laundry and prepare for the week ahead.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 03-13-2022, 07:53 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Grateful my daughter made it in, after multiple delays, a 3h 20m delay
Grateful Dr Free isn’t afraid of animals jumping out at the car, and driving fretful Denver traffic last night, the shuttle for daughter to get here was cancelled. It was a beautiful 6 hour round trip,
Grateful I’m retired (yes, used to work some Sundays on emergency call)
Grateful my coffee is so yummy
Grateful that neighbors upstairs woke me up, that means they are going out to ski soon
Grateful for a fridge full of groceries, when I was a child I never saw anything like what I have in there today.
Grateful for whatever adventures today brings: sighting an animal, snowshoeing, another 6 hour drive to get friend if shuttle is cancelled? Bring it on, I’m sober and I can handle anything!

Extremely grateful for all of you
Old 03-13-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Grateful free is going on an Alaskan cruise too! We are doing ours through NCL. I want to break free! Lol
CBS, this is how I post pics too
Grateful for a great fun time and gorgeous weather yesterday visiting friends
Grateful to binge watch Yellowstone last night. It’s getting good!
Grateful for friends coming today to help with gazebo
Grateful to have a little time to stop in
Grateful for all of you!
Old 03-13-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Free glad your daughter made it finally.
PS it is wonderful your son will have so many college choices.
Turs spontaneous grand baby hugs are the best.
Hev how exciting you get to make travel plans.
Mags I try to keep telling myself about not sweating the small stuff.
Alpine is paddle tennis the same as Pickleball? I have not tried it yet. I am afraid it will hurt my tennis game.

Grateful my daughter made it safely from NYC to NC. It was a long trip in the snow with an EV, because that was all that was available to rent. I am all about EVs but they are not practical for road trips. She had to stop and charge multiple times.
Grateful for leftover Indian food. But boy was it spicy.
Grateful my husband is cleaning out the garage.
Grateful that I slept really well last night.
Grateful I spoke to my mother on the phone yesterday.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the almighty GP.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:21 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Grateful for the image of PS’ son praising her over the tomato soup and macaroni, and for Free ready to take on the world and transportation duties in sobriety.
Grateful for the chuckle about Turs’ reminder to herself.
Grateful to see all your messages. Always a bright spot.
Grateful to be able to stay at my sister’s incredible lake house. They share it with another family but it is far from the rustic cabin I pictured. Nicer than my actual house!
Grateful to get a really painful difficult email to my husband sent this morning. I can’t breathe quite yet but it’s done.
Grateful we’re going to fly back the same direct flight instead of driving. And my parents bought!
Grateful for the incredible view of the lake here. If I knew anything about birds, I’d probably be able to notice some of those too!
Grateful for all of you.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Grateful for a calm day today. It is a little overcast, maybe we'll get some rain. Wishful thinking.
Grateful for my mom seemingly getting stronger every day. God bless her, she is becoming so frail. Grateful I can be here for her.
Grateful my sister stopped by yesterday and took my mom for her walk. Kind of a nice little break.
Grateful for all of your posts and love to each and every one of you.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:23 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - I didn't know it snowed that late in Colorado! I'm so glad you have 3 offers.
PalmerSage - Lovely compliment, no matter what the reason. I'm sure you're a special mom in many ways.
Free - Have a wonderful visit.
Aly - I'm glad your sis helped out, even if briefly.
Grateful for the beautiful 10" of fresh snow - soon we'll have mucho mud.
Grateful for all the different birds descending on the feeders. Some we haven't seen since moving in to this house in September. Red winged blackbird, 3 different types of woodpecker - plus the usual gang. (Blue jays, robins, cardinals, finches, juncos - & big bully blackbirds that scare the little guys away.)
Grateful for coffee & comfort food.
Grateful for our precious sobriety.

Old 03-13-2022, 10:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Grateful for babysitting my grandson yesterday ... it never gets old hanging out with him.
Grateful for a walk with my brother this morning.
Grateful to be contemplating a scuba trip, want to see the underwater critters again.
Grateful my grief has eased a bit ... I know it's not linear and it's not done, but it weighs a little less than before.
Grateful my sister is getting a vacation, which she needs.
Grateful for the GP and all your updates.