Morning Gratitude Part 112

Old 12-29-2021, 03:32 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:52 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

PS, I did stay at in-laws Thanksgiving and Christmas — but one was FIL and his wife and the other was MIL and her husband. They each divorced and remarried. His parents are both fairly toxic in their own ways. I’m glad they picked spouses who are on more of an even keel and are generally happy people.

Grateful Aly was able to help her mom.
Grateful Aly helping her mom reminds me that I had a dream last night my own mom was in the hospital and really sick…first she was like “no one is here to help me” and I held my tongue but was thinking “um, I’m literally right here”. And then I watched her confront my father for being selfish. It was very powerful.
Grateful Fearless made it home—and that y’all had a bit of time with family before turning around.
Grateful Turs had such a meaningful talk with her siblings. My thought is, it can mean a lot even if it doesn’t change others’ behavior. Grateful you got to work a puzzle by the fire. Somehow it dawned on me recently doing puzzles could actually be kind of soothing. But I have nowhere to do one and lack down time even if I could find a spot for it. I’m not giving up yet though!
Grateful work was light yesterday so I made a bit of headway but also didn’t get further behind.
Grateful I got the new scanner to work and it is AWESOME!
Grateful both the kids worked on purging stuff yesterday. I want them to keep going but still, it’s better than it was.
Grateful that although we learned we need to quarantine, it comes at a pretty auspicious time. We test on Friday but were exposed to someone Sunday. Still feel good so hopeful for negative — um, that is, if we can find any tests!
Grateful I got to start my new hard copy planner this week. I bought it in the summer thinking it would start that month. Wrong!
Grateful for very nice sleep.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:56 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful for another sober night
Grateful to be able to spend another day with my husband. I get 5 more
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-29-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean today ☼
Old 12-29-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hev, as always, you're wise - I haven't truly considered all the angles with this healthy living thing - more research is probably needed.
Fearless, thanks for sharing your snow adventures, I loved reading about it, and of course happy you're all home safely!
Turs, so happy you connected with your family and made a sincere effort to talk things out. Hopefully it's the first of many conversations.
NL, having the kids purge their rooms is amazing. For us, the key is to take the piles to the donation location immediately, otherwise they just move the clutter! Also, thanks for the scanner inspiration, it might be time to get mine out of the box.
Daisy, I always love your comments about your sweet little cat(s).
Alpine, happy you're getting so spend some time with your husband!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my husband and my older son just left for a day of skiing. Hopefully they can have a heart-to-heart because my son's attitude has been awful lately.
Grateful that I'm off today except for one afternoon meeting that shouldn't be too difficult.
Grateful that the only other thing I have this week is a meeting with my boss tomorrow morning. I realize now that I should have rescheduled both of these meetings, but oh well.
Grateful we have plans to go to SIL's for New Year's. Despite them living only about 2 hours away, we haven't been to their house in a long time. We're staying at a hotel because there isn't that much room there, which might turn out just fine.
Grateful to be prepping myself to be happy for my nephew who was accepted into his dream school, even though we're still very much on the struggle bus with our own son. My SIL attended (and worked for) some very prestigious universities, so she gives a lot of well-meaning advice about the great schools he needs to apply to - but that he has a very small chance of being admitted to - ugh.
Grateful to have fallen back down a pop culture internet rabbit hole that started a year ago, about the wife of an American actor pretending to be Spanish. It's probably bad karma but it's kind of a fun distraction.
Grateful to suddenly remember that I need to get gifts for my niece and nephews!
Grateful to be sober.

Old 12-29-2021, 06:55 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful to be here with you all.
Grateful to be up early, happy and with no hangover.
Grateful to watch the Christmas tree slowly turn. I will miss it in a few days.
Grateful my yongest(13) is off to work with Dad.
Grateful for SR, SMART and AA.
Grateful for the hot rice "sock" youngest sewed for me.
Grateful for warm blankets.
Grateful my coffee just got done!
❤❤❤
Old 12-29-2021, 06:58 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Grateful for,this thread and all of you
Grateful,for coffee
Grateful the snow is pounding down
Grateful just steps from gondola, no driving needed
Grateful for the new day and what it might hold, faced sober
Old 12-29-2021, 07:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Grateful Turps and Hev got to have emotional conversations with siblings
Aly, glad you are able to help your mom. You are amazing!
Alpine, really happy for you that you get to spend time with your husband
Citrus, glad to see you
Palmer, I hope your husband and son have a good time and son turns his attitude around.
Numblady, thanks for taking about puzzles. Just got another one for Mr F and I think I'll join in
Grateful to have done some shopping at the outlets yesterday, mostly clothes for sonny boy. He is wearing Levi’s jeans now in the smallest men’s size. No more Target kids clothes. Grateful to also discover I am the same size in men’s Levi 501s that I used to be in college, basically the same size as my son now. Weird! I grabbed a new pair in the new styles - skinny tapered washed out gray with some rips 😊
Grateful to play Monopoly last night
Grateful for no big plans and to be able to be spontaneous and play it by ear
Old 12-29-2021, 08:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Grateful for all your kindness.
Grateful that when I get up, which may not be for a while yet, I have a telephone doctor's appt (I don't care for phone appts, but better than driving to their office in this cold weather) at 11:15. After that, I have to go to the library for my mom and pick up her books and go to the pharmacy and get my prescriptions. The pharmacies are crazy around here with everyone getting their shots their. You can barely get a refill. It's so cold I don't even feel like going out. When the weather gets nicer, I'm going to start taking my mom for walks for her PT. It's too slippery and cold out now.
So grateful I've been able to rest and relax in the morning and my mom is doing the same. I think good rest is good for her healing and with the pits i've been through with my ex siblings, I didn't pause and told them both they were dead to me, which they kind of are. It was probably not the smartest thing, but I need them away from me. I can't live with them in my life, so maybe it was a good thing. I don't know.
So grateful for all of you. Have a wonderful day.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Fearless, Kudos to you for getting your credits and refunds. I so admire the way you are on top of things. Kudos to all of us for getting past our issues, which mine are a lot, and getting our lives done in the best way we can. Fearless you are awesome too! You are all awesome in my eyes. I admire all of you in your own way. We are actually doing this sober thing and I love the info and inspiration.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to my brother for helping me take care of Billie.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:57 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - Can't blame you for feeling that way about your sibs. I remember times when you've tried to give them a break & be tolerant. They must not understand how hurtful they are.
Fearless - Nice that you are the same size! I never thought to check out the men's sizes for myself. I'm not a small in anything at the moment, though.
Grateful for candles & tree lights on this very gray day.
Grateful the Christmas candy, cookies, etc. are half gone. The sooner we devour them, the sooner we eat healthy again. That's my theory.
Grateful for chickadees, cardinals, & woodpeckers.
Grateful for stretchy leggings.
Grateful to share your frustrations, hopes, disappointments. As Aly said - we are doing this sober thing.
Old 12-29-2021, 10:58 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hevyn
Old 12-29-2021, 11:19 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for-
Surviving getting hit by a small truck while cycling last week
Somehow not breaking a single bone he only ending up wit 45 staples
My husband
My three adorable pekes
Being sober
A snow story that has left it looking lovely outside
Frie do who love me
Old 12-29-2021, 02:54 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

NL, I think you're right, it can be helpful to talk with siblings even if nothing changes. I really don't expect them to change much, but at least I told them how I felt. Mainly I need to work on better boundaries with them.
Aly, I can understand you not wanting your sisters around ... they sound unhelpful to say the least.
Grateful that we're having our big family dinner tonight, and then my siblings will all be gone by tomorrow. There have been some bad moments, and a lot of good moments, but I'm ready to wrap up the family time.
Grateful to start working on my New Year's Eve plan ... going to be by myself, get fancy takeout from a favorite restaurant, do some special guided meditations on grief, work on my watercolor projects, have a bubble bath, watch a movie. Hope to be asleep by 10!
Old 12-29-2021, 08:05 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Pekelover survived being hit by a truck.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for the Grat Pack
Old 12-30-2021, 01:46 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that I no longer live with daily fear and shame.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Pekelover oh my so many staples! So glad you are okay. Sounds really scary.
Aly thanks for the pep talk. I admire you too for all that you do for your mom.
Turs I understand the ups and downs with sibs. I am going through **** now with mine as we try to navigate her illness and having to move her out of her house. Her partner is moving into assisted living and my mother may have to go to skilled nursing after she is discharged from the hospital.

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for my husband's support.
Grateful I played tennis yesterday for the first time in a month or so.
Grateful for my life.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Aly, proud of you for speaking your mind and keeping boundaries. Though I’m sure it must be so emotionally draining. You are a wonderful person for caring for your mom, which is not easy especially when she is not always nice to you. Hopefully, you can get some help for her care
Turps, I really love your NYE plan. I sort of would like to do the same. But a friend invited us to a small gathering and Mr F wants to go. Sonny boys BFFs will also be there
Grateful Pekelover is ok. Wow! That is crazy!
CBS, thinking of you and your family as you figure out a care plan
Grateful for a break in the rain. May go for a run
Grateful to make a really good sweet potato purée
Grateful to do my own pedicure
Grateful sonny boy is going to karate today
Grateful for a news story about the benefits of giving up alcohol. It’s nice to hear this discussion instead of the usual which is something like the best wines or cocktail mixers this time of year. Maybe a bit of a culture shift?
Grateful sonny boy has agreed to wear a nice button down shirt on NYE instead of his usual sweatshirt that he wears nearly every day
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-30-2021, 06:32 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Grateful for Pekelover doing ok after the accident, and for realizing it’s a good turning point
Grateful CBS has husbands support and did something positive to release stress, much needed tennis
Great Avatar, FBL, you rock!
Grateful Turs has one last good dinner with sibs, then has good plans for ‘me’ time. NYE
Grateful for Aly, that she cares for her mom even though it’s SO tough, and let’s some stress out here
Grateful Fearless got some clothes (I’m also the same size all my adult life, never thought about men’s jeans tho)
Grateful for Alpine, Daisy, Hevyn, Palmer, and all the other ‘Gratefuls’ here who post, and those that lurk

Grateful for a great powder day yesterday❄️⛄️☃️
Grateful for a three foot snowstorm headed our way❄️❄️❄️
Grateful for a booster shot, (now I don’t have either arm working well, no skiing today)💉💉💉
Grateful the tourist population will go down next week until Presidents’ Day week in February 👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👩‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👩‍👧👩‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧👨‍👩‍👧‍👦
Grateful for coffee☕️☕️☕️☕️
Ever so grateful my eldest is working the stuff to keep sober and has a room with a roof over her head🧍🏽‍♀️🧍🏽‍♀️🧍🏽‍♀️
EXTREMELY grateful to be sober after a weird surprise yesterday🫖☕️🫖☕️🫖