Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 112

Old 12-26-2021, 02:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you, Alpine. Yes, she is much better today. One of my sisters stopped by and screamed at me for what a horrible job I'm doing taking care of my mother and all kinds of crap. I called every one of her bluffs. I will not be bullied by a psychotic alcoholic. It's too bad but I am cutting off all communication with my sisters. I sent my other sister a text saying "Et Tu Brute?" I suppose she's stabbed me in the back too. They are both saying I belong in a mental institution. A lifetime of therapy and help coming from people who won't even admit they are substance abusers. Mom kicked my other sister out. I have been there for my mom. She disappeared for 3 weeks. I'm so angry with both of them that as soon as I can, I am moving out of the zone where they live, even if I have to leave CA, which would sadden me, but I won't be tied to the whipping post anymore. I was born with the worst sisters in the world. It sucks. At least my mom knows that I have been the one who has been there for her day in and day out.
I'm so sad. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't probably be even posting here. Thank you all for your love and kindness.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) I'm sorry you've got the sisters from hell. Ignore them and continue caring for your mom as you have been. Karma will catch up with them...

Today I'm grateful my brother came over before church and took care of Billie. We were going to go out for breakfast but decided not to as bro isn't feeling too well, and neither am I. We can go out another time.

Grateful for the neighbor kid who will come over shortly to feed Billie and take her out.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Aly, I think my sister must be related to your sisters. If once my Mom is no longer around and I never see my sister again it will be too soon. She is absolutely horrible on many levels and has taken advantage of my Mom's finances..long story.
Old 12-26-2021, 03:08 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Alpine, sounds so, so familiar. I'm so glad my mom didn't take her favorite's side and kicked her out for once. She knows who has been there for her. Thank you Least. I hate my sisters so much that I shouldn't even be saying that here. I'm so glad I have great friends like you who help me through the tears and the hate. It's so not fair. But, one thing I was told as a young child, life is not fair. No it is not.
Best to all of you with family issues and suffering in any way.
Love and peace to you all. 💗☮✝☪💫
Old 12-26-2021, 03:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I have disdain for my sister
Old 12-26-2021, 04:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I hear you, Alpine, I have nothing but hate for my two sisters. Talk about a waste. They are a waste of humanity.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

A waste of my time as well. I do not have nor want room in my life for her.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thankful for gifted people who create lovely things.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:34 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Caramel, I agree. There are a lot of talented people. I have made lots of gifts years past with my lathe and sewing machine. Grateful to have the patience to learn how to use them
Old 12-26-2021, 07:28 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Grateful to be logging on here, even though it's late.
Grateful for a happy Christmas morning with the kids and grandson.
My brother was supposed to stop by yesterday afternoon for a brief Christmas visit, but he no-showed and didn't text or call. I was very hurt and angry for awhile. He often screws up the holidays, but this was not a good year to mess with me... I really could have used support instead of ghosting. Grateful that I got through it by crying a lot and talking to a friend today. I did text my brother to express how much pain I felt at his behavior. Need to remember to protect myself better next time ... he's not reliable.
Grateful I got out today and went birding in the rain, saw some of the winter migratory shorebirds visiting our waters.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:01 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, look after you and your mom love. You deserve peace and tranquillity not hassle from your siblings.

Tursiops glad you were able to talk with your friend. Sorry your brother let you down.

Grateful to be sober and present.
Old 12-27-2021, 03:18 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:08 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Aly, I’m really sorry about your sisters. I like least’s advice but I can’t imagine how difficult ignoring them may be.
Turs, so sorry your brother ghosted when you needed presence. Ick!
Alpine, sorry about your sis too!

Sunpengwn! Grateful to see you and hear a snapshot from what’s going on in your world.
Caramel, grateful to see you as well.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for hopefully getting home today. So scared they are going to cancel our flight. Will really be so grateful to put my head on my own pillow with my own pets tonight if it happens.
Grateful for some fun on the playground with the kids yesterday and the day before.
Grateful for all of you! Gotta run!
Old 12-27-2021, 05:33 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Aly, Alpine, Turs, and anyone else who is dealing with family drama - that sucks. I'm so sorry.
NL, I hope you make it home quickly!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I was able to restore my bedroom to its normal state, instead of the complete Christmas bomb explosion it's been.
Grateful for easy Amazon returns.
Grateful that I have some work to distract me today, but hopefully not too much.
Grateful I was able to kind of overcome my horrible mood yesterday. My husband and I argued about my son's college applications, and I was honestly furious. Hopefully today will be better.
Grateful for clean sheets and my comfortable bed.
Grateful for telework.
Grateful for my house.
Grateful my older son hung out with his best friend yesterday - definitely a good influence.
Grateful my younger son is so helpful to me.
Grateful to have some new Christmas gadgets to figure out.
Grateful for morning quiet.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 12-27-2021, 05:52 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Grateful I’m connected with Aly, alpine and others through wicked sisters. ❤️
Grateful we are growing to love ourselves and say ‘enoigh’
Grateful Aly mom seems better
Grateful Tursiops made it through her first major holiday without Mr T 💔
Grateful Alpine visited hubby
Grateful NL is headed home
Grateful had a good talk with both daughters yesterday
Grateful to have finally slept last night
Grateful to go ski this morn
Grateful going to go make coffee now
Old 12-27-2021, 05:53 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Grateful Palmer can do telework ( that never worked as a caregiver )😂 for me, I’m jelly !
Old 12-27-2021, 06:09 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Grateful for a nice day and night with Mr. Alpine
Grateful that I kind of slept
Grateful that I have full week ahead of me to spend time with my husband before flying back
Grateful to be sober
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-27-2021, 06:22 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful Tursiops was strong enough to let the anger and hurt out through tears, and text brother.
Grateful I also texted daughter 2 about remembering life lessons, like written thank yous in business and personal life
Old 12-27-2021, 08:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Can someone tell me what HP is? I missed that somehow.
Fearless I hope you are able to get to Tahoe. My son is trying to get there tomorrow.
Aly I am so sorry there is so much animosity between you and your sisters. Just take the high road like you are doing.
Alpine same for you. I don't really see eye to eye with my siblings but we manage to get along okay. Fortunately, there is not a lot of meanness on their part. They are just kind of inept to put it bluntly.
Turs I am sorry your brother let you down on such an important occasion.
NL I hope you make it home today.
Free I am glad you got some sleep.
Alpine I am so glad you get some time with your husband.

Grateful for the time I had with all 3 of my children. My son is in the air back to SF and then skiing in Tahoe.
Grateful my husband took my son the airport at 4:30 am. He was up to go hunting anyway.
Grateful that I was able to sleep in today. Though I had some bad dreams. I woke up relieved that I was not pregnant at 59.
Grateful that I have this week off from work.
Grateful that my daughter and I are going to try to find a restaurant that we can eat at outdoors tonight. So much cooking. We are ready for a break.
Grateful that my youngest daughter has finally decided to accept my older daughter's boyfriend and not beat her up about her choices.
Grateful that I was finally able to get through to my mother's nurse this morning.
Grateful for my sobriety, 375 days.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:02 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Grateful for restful sleep.
Grateful for a little sun this morning, in between the rain showers.
Grateful I will be seeing my sister today.
Grateful to have gotten through this Christmas.
Grateful for my home, my art supplies (been doing watercolors the last couple days), food in my frig, a comfy bed, clothing, heat, plants and birds in the yard, caring neighbors, support group friends, and all my friends in the computer here on SR.