Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 112

Old 12-25-2021, 05:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, SR family!

Today I have peace I have felt in a LONG time. It might be because I’m working hard to repair the damage done physically, mentally and spiritually, not just (‘just’ OMG, ITS HARD) cutting out the alcohol.

I posted this on my accountability log, thought I’d shares in here….

Make my mind to come alive today
To the invisible geography
That invites me to new frontières,
To break the dead shell of
yesterdays
To risk being disturbed and changed

May I have the courage today
To live the life that I love,
To postpone my dream no longer
But to do at last what I came here for
And waste my heart on fear
no more.

John O’Donahue

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄☃️⛄️❄️⛄️☃️⛄️❄️⛄️☃️⛄️❄️
Old 12-25-2021, 06:05 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you, you ARE my HP ❤️🎄⛄️🤓☕️🥓🥑🍳🧇🥞🧈🍓🫐🍌❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Old 12-25-2021, 08:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober
Grateful I found SR and all of you
Old 12-25-2021, 09:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Free, glad you are feeling peace, and thank you for that lovely poem!
Merry Christmas SR family, and Happy Holidays!
Grateful this morning for old family and new family ... spent Christmas eve with the in-laws, and will spend this morning with the grandbaby, then the next couple days with siblings. Grateful to have these people in my life.
Grateful for rain.
Grateful for healthy, plentiful brunch food this morning.
Grateful to be getting through my first holidays without Mr. T, and still feeling able to celebrate this bittersweet life we all share.
Love you SR peeps.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
CBS sending up prayers for your mom

Grateful for another sober Christmas

Merry Christmas Grat Pack, thanks for sharing your Grats along the way.
Ever notice that the "C" in Christmas is really a "G" so it says Merry Ghristmas.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Grateful for you all on this very rainy Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate.

Grateful to try to finish cooking the sort of pre cooked prime rib dinner my mom and I ordered. Mom can't go out because of all the stairs and I don't think it would be good to chance her slipping in the rain. But we're going to have a quiet dinner here, hopefully I'll cook the roast ok, I've never cooked one before.
Grateful for since the first time since my mom's been home that I feel like I'm relaxing a little. Grateful mom is sleeping so well since she got home. The whole thing has been stressful, so nice to have a quiet. day. One of my sisters will probably stop by. My other sister has the twins home from school and one one the kids they played football with, his whole family has Covid, so he's having xmas at my sister's with the twins and staying there. I'm sure they're thrilled. He's a great kid. He had a fb scholarship to Airforce, but he dropped it after a year. I don't think I'd want to go to military school for college! He has to go to jc for a year before he can take another scholarship. His family all goes to UCLA, but I think he wants to go to UC Santa Barbara with the twins, even though they don't have a football team. He'll probably do track too!
Grateful for all of you. Have a wonderful xmas. Love and peace to all. 💗☮💫
Old 12-25-2021, 02:47 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Free, that’s a beautiful poem. Thank you! Btw, I have often thought of SR as part of my HP. My HP is many things collectively 😊
Least, that’s funny 😄 I’m glad you got out for a walk
Turps, I hope you are feeling better today
Good luck today Aly
CBS, I’m so sorry to hear this. Thinking of you, your mom, and your family
Merry Christmas everyone! Despite the rainy weather and remembering loved ones passed on, my mood is at an all time high 😊. Grateful for a beautiful Christmas morning with my boys and fur babies. Grateful sonny boy is so appreciative.
Grateful to be watching free skiing on tv and Christmas movies
Grateful my pb chocolate bark turned out good. I’ll be mixing it in with popcorn later
Grateful to be packing for trip tomorrow going to see in laws first then up to Tahoe. Grateful for home rentals and all wheel drives and chains
Grateful for snow!!
Grateful for all of you ❤️
Old 12-25-2021, 10:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for sobriety and all it brings.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a holiday spent with family and friends.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

CBS, prayers going up for your mother. I am so sorry.

Grateful for exploring in the woods here.
Grateful for a couple of moments to post (even though I’m not doing much at all, they seem hard to find).
Grateful for coffee and this life affirming group.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:53 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Grateful that my children and I were all able to talk to my mom yesterday. She sounded okay. Apparently the pneumonia is not bad. She is on antibiotics so hopefully it won't get worse. She still has fluid that keeps building up in her abdomen and they aren't sure why. Maybe malnutrition. It has been drained twice.
Grateful that my sister and brother seem to be coordinating on visiting my mom in the hospital.
Grateful to have one more day with my son before he goes back to SF. He has been a bit down since he and his fiancée split.
Grateful for lots of delicious leftovers in the fridge.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful that I am starting to have windows again from my dizziness and rocking sensation from PAWS.
Grateful for another sunny day. Though it really is warmer than it should be in December.
Grateful we went on a hike Christmas morning.
Grateful for the simple things like food, shelter, warmth and love.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 12-26-2021, 06:08 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Turs, I'm so happy you're surrounded by love and support from both sides of your family.
Free, that's a great poem, and I agree with you and Fearless that this group is definitely a huge part of my HP.
Aly, "military school for college," that's a great point - my younger son is mildly interested in the Naval Academy, but we'll see what happens with that.
CBS, I'm glad your mom has people around her and is being cared for.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to be celebrating the day AFTER Christmas, haha! YES! There were some very nice moments yesterday, but honestly it was really stressful too. Now my house looks like a bomb went off, so I have my work cut out for me today. I'm actually looking forward to it after the high-pressure shopping, cooking, and wrapping - oh God, the wrapping...
Grateful for some fun Christmas gifts, including a photo scanner (thanks Numblady for giving me the idea!) and my first food processor.
Grateful that my husband will be golfing today and I can have some time to myself.
Grateful my older son has developed such an interest in photography.
Grateful to feel a little more motivated to exercise lately.
Grateful to remember when I was drinking on Christmas a few years ago, and how sad and exhausting it all was. Also grateful to remember the Christmas when I was very newly sober and had to keep taking breaks to separate myself from the people and chaos and lay on a heating pad. Grateful to not think twice about people drinking around me now.
Grateful to be sober, and to have this amazing group of people to come to every morning.

Old 12-26-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad you were able to see your mom, CBS
Grateful to stop in quick to say hello. Getting ready to travel heading to see in laws then Tahoe. Seeing the news this morning, hope we make it 😊 It will be an adventure for sure
Grateful to be organized
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-26-2021, 06:14 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Grateful for your post and grateful for you, Palmer
Old 12-26-2021, 06:34 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Grateful for another Christmas spent sober.
Grateful for another whopping snow storm today
Grateful a friend called Dr Free about her husband, he convinced her to take him to hospital, he has COVID pneumonia and is being treated in hospital🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Grateful spoke to both daughters yesterday, and ex husband texted Merry Christmas
Grateful for coffee
Grateful snow just started, will deliver a meal package from our dinner yesterday to friend who has mild covid
Grateful to live here so we don’t feel pressured to ski with no visibility
Grateful for ALL of you here, posters and lurkers
Old 12-26-2021, 07:26 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Grateful for another morning with my husband
Grateful for blue skies
Grateful Riley is getting well taken care of by Grandma. We spoke with MY mil on the phone last night and she said he is doing well and used one of her pillows on the bed for a head rest while he slept.
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-26-2021, 07:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Grateful for the Christmas we spent without our daughter and knowing she was safe traveling to Arizona near Mesa...
Grateful for the Rain that we got as california really needs the water big time...
Merry Christmas to everyone in SR and all those that may need recovery .....
Grateful for the Legos I got to keep me busy as I got several to last me a while ...
Grateful for the sunshine just for today.. good to see the sun out after several days of rain... but we need more rain...
Grateful for the walk on the beach and watching the waves come and go...but good to see the sunrise....
Grateful for the day after Christmas and a new day for me....
Grateful for all of you here just for today...
Old 12-26-2021, 09:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Grateful my mom seems a lot better this morning after a weird episode of shaking and incoherence last night. I had to call my sisters, luckily they came. Some help, I guess. She's had an episode like that before. I called the advice nurse. No one knows. Very grateful she seems to be better this morning. Scary.
Grateful that even though I have a few things to do, I can take my time about it.
Grateful for all of you. Hope your holidays were wonderful.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:07 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful to have a moment to stop in & try to catch up. I hope everyone had a nice time yesterday, in spite of the strange times we're dealing with.

Old 12-26-2021, 02:14 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yikes Aly, that must have been nerve wracking. Hope she is better.