Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 109

Old 08-17-2021, 09:49 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - Way to go - that's wonderful.
Overforty - You too - great job on the 34 lb. loss. Wish I could say the same.
Daisy & Mags - I did the morning thing too. Seems incredible that we ever justified it.
Alphaomega - Grateful for your presence.
Fearless - I'm glad the arguing has lessened.
Grateful the big rain storm is over.
Grateful for mint chip ice cream (though I have no business...)
Grateful to turn off the news & focus on doing something positive today.
Grateful for your gratitude.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

CBS, congrats on 8 months sober!

Grateful to have my house to myself, with just me and Billie and the cats now that mk went back home. Grateful to wake up sober with Billie right beside me on the bed.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS congratulations on 8 months

Alphaomega good to see you on Grats

Grateful I’m having the k-wires taken out my wrist today
Grateful for my little cat Ginger who gets up when I do.
Grateful I’m sober and never want to drink.

Grateful for all of you.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and clean this morning ☼

Old 08-18-2021, 03:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Grateful for CK’s quote.
Grateful for the sweet thought of Tursiops listening to Mr. T’s poetry recitation. Not the grieving and loss part, but it’s just so special he recorded that. There are not many people reading poetry, much less reciting it, much less recording it. I was in the creative writing program at my university, on the poetry track. I wasn’t very good, honestly, and never really got the right ear for reading or reciting it. But I certainly can appreciate those who can/do.
Grateful (??!?) the weight loss talk inspired me to stop on the scale for the first time in a long time. Ummmm, I haven’t weighed this much since of all things—high school—before I started a lifestyle that includes physical fitness. I’m not really doing anything concrete about it yet because focusing on staying sober and getting some fundamentals of my life straightened out. But my goodness. Will need to get back to this if I don’t get a boost from nature/sobriety.
Grateful to live in the digital age. I never would have thought that sharing a screen would be easier for me than talking from pieces of paper. But the mind does still grow.
Grateful also for high quality paper and writing instruments. Bought myself a fancy teacher planner last year when virtual school assignments were overwhelming me. It makes me happy to write in it so I bought another one (not the teacher model) this year. Excited for it to get here.
Grateful I am starting my first outreach to family attorneys just to get a better understanding of my options.
Grateful to be up super early with time to work out and get kids off to school.
Old 08-18-2021, 04:51 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hev - sometimes we gotta have that ice cream! Have you tried the Yasso greek frozen yogurt bars? They are really good, although I love the real thing and have ice cream (or Sweet Frog) often!
Fearless, I love the reassurance that people can and do change. I think we're all living proof.
CBS, congrats on 8 months! It will keep getting better.
NL, you're inspiring me to to get a new planner! There's nothing better than feeling organized (although I admit that I'm better at buying planners than actually using them, ha!)

Grateful for coffee. It's black (gross), BUT it's hot and caffeinated.
Grateful another stressful meeting is behind me. Grateful to be focused on incremental improvements.
Grateful I can telework today (and any day, at least until 9/7).
Grateful my husband is traveling more, it's nice to have breaks here and there.
Grateful my kids can kind of relax during this last week before school.
Grateful that they can GO to school for the first time in 18 months!
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-18-2021, 06:45 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Grateful for sonny boys first day of school going well. Grateful I’m trying my best to be hands off this year. He knows what he needs to do. Being a micromanager backfired a bit last year
Grateful so much for CK’s quote
Grateful nieces and nephews are ok and have found shelter. They fled the Eldorado fire yesterday. Most of the town has burnt down. Their house is one of the only ones still standing at least as of yesterday. Hoping to hear from them again soon with an update. Firefighters got together with animal rescue and worked to get all their livestock and animals to foster homes (pigs, chickens, goats, dogs,). So grateful they are ok.
Grateful to be getting our for a run early before the skies fill with smoke here
Grateful to be prepared for red flag warning
Grateful for the serenity, sick an and just for today prayers. Need them all today
Grateful to be practicing to be in the moment
Old 08-18-2021, 10:30 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

CBS, well done on 8 months, and glad you're feeling a little better sometimes. I hope the healing continues.
Fearless, grateful your nieces and nephews are ok.
Grateful for my bathtub and bath bombs.
Grateful for my kind neighbor who yesterday helped me move something heavy, and today warned me the street sweepers were going to ticket my car.
Grateful for upcoming travel, doing something I love (scuba diving). It heals my soul.
Grateful for so many blessings.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

PalmerSage - I'll look for Yasso.
Fearless - Prayers going up for your family & all in harm's way. So terrible.
Mags - Hope it goes well today.
I loved CK's quote too! Lest we forget.
Busy day - just wanted to stop by & say how grateful I am for YOU.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:07 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to have got through yesterday ok. Had the wires and plaster removed and now sporting a smart splint.
Thanks Hev
Grateful Mr. Mags has a good soul.
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for all your Grats, they really make me think.
Grateful for the Grat Pack

Old 08-19-2021, 01:29 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:36 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Grateful for this thread and the kind souls that are so positive and motivating and take the time and effort to acknowledge everyone ❤
Grateful for another hangover free morning.
Grateful for my good friend for his kindness and support.
Grateful for my home

Old 08-19-2021, 03:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Awww, overforty. Glad you are here!
Grateful Fearless and her family are safe and okay, and for all the helpers of the world getting animals and people to safety.
Grateful Palmer and I share the love of planners—and the same proclivity to buy but not necessarily use them. These days I use my digital to-do list more than anything, but it’s nice to have somewhere to jot stuff down. Even better when it’s pretty. But also, when I say I “use” my to-do list, I should also clarify this means: I make the list and then consistently do about one tenth of it. I like to think of it like the drawings of those monks along the river banks. I write them and then they simply get washed away. The fleeting temporary scribbles of the mortal.
Grateful for indoor plumbing, running water, and a/c.
Grateful that a routine for the insanity of 2 kids at different schools with different activities and time frame and 3 separate car pools is…starting to come together.
Grateful for CBS’ 8 months.
Grateful for all the milestones big and small.
Grateful for sobriety and sober sleep.
Grateful for this group.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:18 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Fearless, those fires sound so scary! I'm so glad your family had people to rescue them and help everyone to safety.
NL, the line about the monks along the river bank is what I'm going to think about from now on!
Overforty, thank you so much for joining us here.
Mags, so sorry about the injury! Ugh.

Grateful for coffee. Back to the sweeter stuff and I love it.
Grateful for a pretty good night's sleep.
Grateful to recognize a mis-step with a big boss at work yesterday - no panicking, just learning and moving forward. Things happen.
Grateful to be able to pause and wait to figure things out sometimes.
Grateful for a presentation that went pretty well last night. I'm getting used to them.
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful for my office at work.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:27 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Overforty - That was so nice - thank you.
Grateful to be going shopping today - we are masked up again though.
Grateful for the ability to look at things from all sides.
Grateful for my precious sobriety. I'd likely not be here without it.
Grateful for so many kindred spirits on this thread & SR in general. Reassuring & emboldening (is that a word? )
Love to all.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Grateful Mags got the wires out
Numblady, I just love “pretty planners”. But I rarely use them because I prefer my phone notes. There’s a stack of them on my night stand 😊
Grateful for the firefighters and all brave people
Grateful I’m thinking about running the SF half marathon
Grateful for the way my thoughts inspire me when I get that second wind on a long run
Grateful to be rewatching Stranger Things with my boys while we wait for the next season of many series that came to a halt with the pandemic
Grateful for a breakfast sausage egg panini
Old 08-19-2021, 10:07 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi all. My trip to my mother's disrupted my grat routine. I need to get it going again everyday.
Great to see you overforty.
Fearless I am so glad you and your family are safe. I hope that continues. I wish we could send you some of our rain here in the Southeast!
Numblady glad the carpools are helping. I remember those days. For a while I had 3 children in 3 different schools. That was tough but the carpools were helpful.
Palmer I am glad your presentation went well. You seem to do a lot of those. You will be a pro soon if not already.
Hevyn I hope you enjoyed your shopping.
Mags glad your recovery from your fall seems to be moving along pretty well.

Grateful to have the house to myself today after my son and his fiancée were here for several days and we were all trying work remotely in separate corners of the house. They were on California time and I am in the East so it was complicated with meals and all. But it was great to see them.
Grateful for AC.
Grateful an appointment opened up and I am getting a broken and cracked molar extracted next week. Hoping that will resolve my swollen glands in my neck.
Grateful for this takeout Poke bowl for lunch. yum.
Grateful my son and his fiancée are safe back in San Francisco.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the Grat Pack.
Old 08-19-2021, 11:31 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Fearless, praying for your friends and your family's safety. The smoke is so thick, it's hard to breathe, but grateful for those fighting the fires and the safety of friends and family. We've had some fires quite close, out by all the horse ranches near the base of the mountain. It's scary and I just hate the thought of this beautiful landscape being burnt to a crisp, the animals, etc. It's scary and sad. So grateful we are safe right now. Praying for those in harm's way, for their safety.
Grateful for the mentions from so many kind and wonderful people. Grateful for Fearless' kind and wonderful PM that helped make me feel better. Thank you, Hev, too. You always say just the right thing. I've been going through some rough times, but I think the tide is starting to turn. Hoping things kind of straighten out. Let Go, Let God.
Grateful to my sister and her kindness to me while I really needed her. The twins got their DVC diplomas and proud mama sent me pics of the graduation diplomas. On to UC Santa Barbara soon and track and college adventures. What a great time in life. I hope they get everything out of the experience they can. I'm so excited for them and proud of them, esp given what they've endured. They are such smart, kind boys.
Grateful for and love all of you. Take good care.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grateful for the firefighters. Grateful Aly that you're safe now.
Grateful I'll be taking a trip next week and get a break from the smoke.
Grateful for time with family last night.
Grateful for you all.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:19 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Magsie

Keep safe from the smoke and fires my Grat Pack friends who are affected.
Thanks PalmerSage, Fearless and CBS I’m slowly but surely getting there.
Aly, take care love

Grateful I’m so much calmer nowadays, sobriety has helped me in so many different ways.
Grateful I learned to breathe ‘inhale courage, exhale fear’ that I read somewhere on SR. (Think it was Purps)
Grateful for the peace and quiet of the morning.
Grateful for all of you