Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 104

Old 02-12-2021, 08:16 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Numblady, I hope your citrus survive!
Palmersage, so great your mil is getting the vaccine
Grateful to be hearing of more and more people getting vaccinated. I’m in phase C1 under CA plan so no word yet on when. Grateful for the prioritization of healthcare workers, elderly and others, hopefully teachers too
Lyddie, have a nice hike. I’m Hoping to get out for one today too.
Grateful for pizza last night
Grateful to watch. No Good, Nick
Grateful to stay calm over sonny boys announcing he wants to quit karate. He got his black belt a year ago and has been working toward second degree. But he doesn’t want to do it anymore. He is tired of Zoom or back alley karate and struggling with so many changes pandemic has caused in general. Grateful to discuss his feelings and let things sit for a while before deciding anything.
Grateful for being sober. Had I been drinking or hung over, I would not be able to stay calm. I would fly off the handle. Then I would forget what happened and what was discussed. Then my son would lose trust in me.
Grateful Mr F and I took the plunge and preplanned/paid for our end of life/cremation plans. It’s a surreal feeling but also feels like a weight has been lifted. Hopefully we will be around another 40 years. Depending on how long we live, we saved (actually sonny boy saved) a lot of money because the cost doubles about every 10 years
Grateful to read an article about the science of caterpillar -butterfly metamorphosis. They sort of die before they change. Proof of an afterlife, maybe
Grateful for all of you listening to me ramble on
Old 02-12-2021, 08:33 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Grateful I got an appointment at the County to get my vaccines scheduled. They seem to have the most vaccines around here. Grateful my mom is fully vaccinated. Praying for the variants to not get out of control.
Grateful for Daisy and her nice comments on BT Grats. Thank you, my dear one.
Grateful my epidural went well yesterday, except the steroids they give you can cause bad headaches for a few days after. But all will be well in a few days.
Fearless, always good to hear from you. You are in my thoughts and heart. I hope you are doing ok.
Rusty, always in my prayers. I sure hope you aren't in pain.
Love and peace to the Grat Pack!
Old 02-12-2021, 08:38 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Numblady, I too worry about the birds out in the cold! Even here in (relatively) mild California. I know it's just the way of things, but it does make me grateful to have warm shelter.
Grateful to hear Fearless' observation about caterpillar-butterfly metamorphosis -- good food for thought.
Grateful for the suggestion (from a kind therapist) that I can begin to trust my own experience in spiritual practice, instead of always looking for "experts" to tell me what's what.
Grateful for a little time weeding my yard this morning, in the hopes of giving the poppy seedlings a chance to grow.
Grateful for restful sleep and my sniffles diminishing.
Grateful for this day.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:57 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - I think I'll read about the metamorphosis. Don't know the details.
Aly - I'm glad you got the epidural & hope it results in you feeling good.
Sun - I'd love to visit Big Sur - only made it to LA years ago.
Grateful for a decent sleep last night.
Grateful for my new kindle that lights up & all the new books on it.
Grateful that the scale has moved a bit. The holidays set me back.
Grateful for all of you.
:

Old 02-12-2021, 09:31 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Big Sur is amazing, but that Hwy 1 can be so scary to drive if you have a fear of heights and narrow roads. But it is so, so Beautiful. One of my friends that came to visit it and had been to the French Riviera, said Big Sur blew the Riviera away. Marin Headlands are very special too.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-105-a.html (Morning Gratitude ~ Part 105)

D