SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 100 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/448644-morning-gratitude-part-100-a.html)

Opivotal 07-26-2020 07:42 AM

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 100

New Thread Continues From Here. :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-99-a-25.html

least 07-26-2020 07:51 AM

Thank you for the new part Opi! :hug:

Grateful to wake up sober and feeling good and the first thing I see is Billie's sweet face next to me. :)

Rusty Zipper 07-26-2020 08:45 AM

grateful for the new part

Hevyn 07-26-2020 09:30 AM

Numb - I love Bradley too. What movie was it?
Grateful to be getting closer to finding MrH's sister - due to finding his (birth) father's obit.
Grateful for a glorious summer day - almost forgot we're in these weird virus times.
Grateful I didn't kill any of the flowers I planted (in pots) this year. Unusual.
Grateful it's not a Sunday from the past - in which I'd be dreading Mon. morning due to binging all weekend.
Grateful for all the lovely people here. :ring:

Alysheba 07-26-2020 10:45 AM

Thank you Opi! :tyou Hoping you are well, dear one. :hug:
Grateful for Mags. Hoping you are well these days, my wonderful friend. :love:
Love NL's children and your wonderful stories. I am so glad you all get to take a vacation. The break will be good for all of you!
Grateful that I'm slowly working out of an uncomfortable, kind of anxious place this morning. Grateful that I slept well last night.
Grateful that this headache I woke up with isn't from imbibing!
Grateful to see Rusty. Love and prayers. :hug:
Grateful I don't think I have any appointments next week, but a lot of phone calls to make.
Grateful for this thread and your wonderful posts
Grateful Daisy had some time to watch a movie or two last night! You work so hard, :love:
Grateful for all my friends in the Grat Pack. Love and peace to all. :VGRearth: :Valdog:

courage2 07-26-2020 11:17 AM

Thanks, Opi!

Grateful to do a video call with family, and just as grateful to leave it.

Mags1 07-26-2020 11:21 PM

Thanks Opi :thanks

Ali, thank you, I’ve been a bit under the weather but grateful I’m getting there. :)

Grateful for all of you. You’re fantastic people. :You_Rock_

Grateful I’m sober.

FBL 07-27-2020 04:18 AM

Thanks, Opi!

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 07-27-2020 04:56 AM

Mags hope you are feeling better and continue to do so.
Hev, it was “He’s Just Not That Into You”. Pretty silly and not big on depth or complex plot/character development. But just what the doctor ordered for someone seeking entertainment that is almost purely mindless.

Grateful for Opi’s making a new part.
Grateful for how fast we clip through parts because it’s a reflection of all the positive thoughts expressed here.
Grateful for police officers. I don’t want to be political but suffice to say I by no means think policing in our country is perfect. But there is also much I am grateful for. I was in Target Friday evening and there was someone screaming in the store, kind of like having an active psychotic episode and being totally enraged. I couldn’t see him for a long time but eventually he got kind of herded up to the front by a group of male employees. I think they could have been security because there shirts were black not red. I was moved by them too trying to protect the customers but also not just jump the guy or anything. He looked like he was homeless and I think was weeping and carrying on. he looked very small and fragile, like a meth addict. He was not wearing a mask. He went into the bathroom at the front and as I was leaving several law enforcement officers were going in. Just thinking about them, pulling up their masks, not knowing what they would really encounter, just made me grateful people are willing to be spit on and screamed at and fought or even killed in the line of duty to keep others safe. Grateful for those who are upstanding and compassionate in addition to protective.
Grateful the weekend was actually fairly relaxing.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for another day to try and be kind and of service.
Grateful for all of you.

PalmerSage 07-27-2020 05:59 AM

Grateful for coffee!
Grateful that the loud and terrifying fire alarm that went off at 2:30 a.m. was a false alarm.
Grateful that my husband always knows what to do in emergencies.
Grateful that I was able to finally get back to sleep afterwards.
Grateful for telework, and all the flexibility it brings.
Grateful for a fairly productive day yesterday.
Grateful for the weight loss website I've started using.
Grateful to rediscover the sitcom "King of Queens," it's so awesome.
Grateful to be sober, and for everyone on SR. :)

Hevyn 07-27-2020 06:15 AM

Cour - That made me lol. I get you! :tongue:
Numb - Yes, a purely mindless diversion would be good right about now. :)
Thanks for your thoughtful comments on the Target incident - you're so right.
Grateful for another sunny summer day.
Grateful to be sober so I don't miss a thing.
Grateful to realize I can always change my mind about things, no matter how old I get.
We will be frying here today in the upper 90'sF - so I'm heading out to the store.
Love to all.
:ring:

sunpengwn 07-27-2020 07:05 AM

Thank Opi....:tyou
Grateful for another foggy day today...
Grateful for the walk on the beach with God...
Grateful for the coffee...
Grateful for SR....
Grateful for Peace and Quiet..
Grateful for Positive attitude...

sunpengwn 07-27-2020 07:06 AM

Thank Opi....:tyou
Grateful for another foggy day today...
Grateful for the walk on the beach with God...
Grateful for the coffee...
Grateful for SR....
Grateful for Peace and Quiet..
Grateful for Positive attitude...

Rusty Zipper 07-27-2020 08:04 AM

grateful for fifteen years on SR

least 07-27-2020 08:30 AM

Grateful that waking up sober is just the normal way to start my day. :) So grateful I don't drink anymore. :)

courage2 07-27-2020 10:35 AM

Grateful to Rusty for all those years; grateful that I've shared 8 with him & with all of you.

Deserto 07-27-2020 11:29 AM

Grateful for the new thread.

Grateful to have gone camping again this weekend with friends and to have floated a little river in our inflatable kayaks, even if there wasn't quite enough water and we had to drag the boats several times when we bottomed out. I may have been slightly weighed down by a certain 105 pound mastiff sharing the small craft with me.

Grateful for a certain 105 pound mastiff.

Grateful to have slept so soundly last night.

Alysheba 07-27-2020 11:41 AM

Grateful for Rusty's 15 years on SR! What an inspiration you are to me and many others. xxoo
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for A/C, another hot one today! :Wman:
Grateful for Luke, laying in his bed next to me. I think we'll have to keep our walk shorter today because of the heat. He is really uncomfortable in the heat.
Feel better Mags. Sending prayers. :hug:
Grateful for all the great people in the Grat Pack.
Love and peace to each of you! :a194:

Mags1 07-27-2020 10:09 PM

Grateful for Zippy’s 15 years on SR :)
Grateful for all your well wishes. :thanks
Grateful to be feeling less in pain, but grateful for feeling pain, it means I’m still alive. :yup:
Grateful for all of you, you’re a smashing lot of people. :You_Rock_
Grateful I’m sober.

Numblady 07-28-2020 03:27 AM

Grateful for RZ’s 15 years here on SR. Inspiring!
Grateful for a good conversation with a work colleague yesterday. She mentioned at the end that she appreciated my daughter’s instagram stories—-including, apparently, eyebrow makeup tutorials. Which. Is extra hilarious because I guess some time after creating said tutorial she actually cut off like half her eyebrow. Not totally sure how it occurred but every time I look at her I am just swelled with such tenderness, trying to take her seriously with her half shorn eyebrow.
Grateful for sober sleep. Feel like I’ve not been sleeping as long but quite hard. Like I’m sucked down into a sleep vortex.
Grateful to be feeling more like myself physically.
Not grateful for having had Covid but at least grateful I can give some encouragement and modest reassurance to a friend who tested positive.
Grateful for this group.