Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 96

Old 02-24-2020, 10:53 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

The Marin Headlands are just off the Golden Gate Bridge. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. We actually took the horses there, it's on the water and I don't think I've ever had so much fun. Marin is indeed lovely.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a walk with Billie.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:24 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Aly/Fearless - I would love to see Marin County. It sounds wonderful.
Hev - wow. Three nights of good sleep in a row. That is impressive. Size 6? That ship has definitely sailed.
Rusty - really pleased to hear there was an epic turn out at anniversary night. That must have felt really great.
Fearless - I hope your trip to see your dad goes well. And Aly's right, you do have a lot going on, Don't let yourself get burned out. Easily said, I know. Glad sonny boy is better. And thanks for your gratitude for my 8 month annoversary. It did feel good.
least - that was a lovely tribute you paid to billie. He sounds like the best of chums.
Daisy - I am so, so glad your son is better. I guess you can also hope to dare that he will turn over a new leaf. But anyway the most important thing is that he's on the mend. Good luck with the teeth treatment. I can empathise with that.
NC, CK and FBL - I'd like to join you in your sentiments please: also grateful to be sober. (Thank you also for your 'drive by' congrats, NC, and your emoji, CK)
Mags - we are no strangers to outside privies in this household! Back in the day.
NL - you make that weekend in the woods sound quite magical, NL, and how good that the boys just adapted and enjoyed. Obviously pebble throwing is the new craze.

Grateful I've survived toddler swimming - again - and am now looking forward to a break from singing Old McDonald etc etc whilst knee deep in water (I can feel the envy vibes coming through) because my granddaughter will be away with her parents next week.
Grateful today's downpour was marginally better than last week's.
Grateful to have finished a good book and looking forward to starting a new one.
Thankful to have managed to get on here, albeit a bit late, to read about what's going on with you all. It is always a treat.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:53 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to see Daisy back in the routine.
Grateful Fearless isn’t too poorly and able to visit her dad.
Grateful I don’t run to booze as a prop.
Grateful to learn how to stretch and relax from my cats.
Grateful for all of you.❤️
Old 02-25-2020, 01:22 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober this morning.
This makes things a LOT easier.

Have a good day graters! ☼
Old 02-25-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful to be hangover and guilt free this morning.
Grateful to drop the grands off at school safely.
Grateful to be getting back into a routine.
Grateful for warm clothes.
Grateful for my socks.
Grateful to be meeting my oldest friend for lunch in a couple of hours.
Grateful my little g.son really makes me laugh out loud. He has a puberty talk in school next week on Saturday evening he went missing upstairs for a while and when he came down he stood in the living room doorway and announced that he is a man, he had put a vest on, lifted his arms and he had drawn 2 big hairy armpits with an indelible black ink marker. MrD.B and myself nearly fell off the chair laughing. Trouble is that 3 days later they are still there
Grateful that my daughter is finishing work early to take g.son no. 1 aka 'young Sheldon' to the dentist to have a tooth pulled out. It's only a baby tooth but it is wedged tight between 2 adult teeth and is caused them to and other teeth to misalign. It will probably take seconds but the way he is carrying on you'd think it was a major op. No way was I volunteering my services for that, lol.
Grateful that my dental restorative work is going to plan.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful Numblady had such a successful weekend.
Grateful R.Z had such a huge turn out for the anniversary.
Grateful for Rose's unplifting posts.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 02-25-2020, 03:29 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to be finishing yet another book project.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

grateful to have all info & numbers ready for accountant tomorrow
Old 02-25-2020, 08:46 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - Yes, Size 6. For about a month. In the 1980's.
We joke about it, but I think it's really great that you participated in toddler swimming. Not for the faint of heart.
Mags - Yes, no booze for a prop. Took a bit of practice for me.
Zip - Look at you...all organized & stuff.
Daisy - Nice to have a meet up with old friends.
G.son has a wonderful sense of humor.
CanadianKoala - Sobriety does make things easier! I remember thinking it helped me cope. Just the opposite.
Grateful for MrH's always sunny outlook.
Grateful that March is just days away.
Grateful to know I won't be sabotaging myself with alcohol today.
Grateful for my enjoyable visit here each day.
Love to you!
Old 02-25-2020, 08:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober with Billie right next to me on the bed.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Grateful for Daisy's g.son's story. I'm still laughing. How ingenious. "he's a man now", how cute is that!
Grateful for a dentist appt tomorrow as a pretty bad toothache popped up last night. I'm sure I'll need a root canal. There goes my bday trip to Monterey and Carmel. Lol. I have to take care of this. God willing, I'll have another chance to go, it would be nice to get away, but even better to get my tooth fixed.
Rusty, I'm reminded that I should make an appt for my taxes as well. Good luck. Always so great to see you here every morning.
Grateful for all the wonderful posts this morning. Love and peace to all of you.♥♥♥
Old 02-25-2020, 11:42 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my ex-neighbors' poor old dog was taken to the shelter last night by a police officer. They put their dog outside in the cold and rain and wouldn't let him in. I don't know if they were gone or what, but that's a horrible thing to do.

I called the police and reported it and in a little while an officer came. I am glad to say the shelter has him and he seems to be ok.

Grateful for the officer who answered the call and rescued that poor dog.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:48 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good for you least. Maybe a German Shepherd Rescue will pick him up and get him adopted out to a good family. That is horrifying to have an animal like that outside freezing. At least he has food, water, and shelter now.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:51 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't think he's a Shepherd, he looks like a black lab mix. I know he's old cause he has the white muzzle. The sight of him barking at the door out in the cold rain just broke my heart. Dogs are so faithful, it's a crime to treat them so badly.

Anyway, he's safe now and I am grateful for that.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:03 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Not quite morning but grateful for my family, my gf and my friends. Grateful for my talent and my privilege in life.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:00 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
p***enger

Fearless, I hope your cold passes quickly and your visit with your dad goes well.

Daisy, the story about drawn-on armpit hair is priceless!

Grateful that I have the tools to recover from a wobble.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:45 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful least loves animals and got shelter for neighbours dog. I hope he/she finds a forever home.

Grateful Daisy’s g.son has a great sense of humour and made Daisy and Mr. DB laugh out loud.

Grateful for our pets who give us love and friendship.

Grateful for being warm inside in the house, irs bitterly cold outside.

Grateful for sobriety and all of you on our sober road.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Daisy - grateful for the imagination, inventiveness and general wonderfulness (sometimes!) of little children. That was such a good story. Whatever else the challenges of being such a full-time carer to your little grandson boredom won't be one of them! Hope his dad is getting better.
CK - it's true. Sobriety does make life a lot easier. Look at Rusty there with his info and numbers all in order. That would have been more of a challenge back in the bad old days.
FBL - what book project have you been working on? Let us know if you're minded too.
Hev - we have that month. In the 1980s. RIP! Thanks for the comment about the swimming. Hope she doesn't come to resent me in the years to come for cajoling her, against her better judgement, into doing Humpty Dumpty into the pool! I am also grateful that finally March is just a few days away.
least - that's truly horrible. I have no idea how people develop that level of insensitivity and sheer callousness. As Aly said, at least the poor dog is safe right now.
courage - glad you found the tools to recover from your wobble.
Hi CharlesG - nice to meet you. I'm grateful for my family also.
Aly - I'm not allowing myself to think about dental costs although I'll have to face facts on Tuesday when I re-visit the dentist. He has already told me that 'easy terms' are available. That's enough to chill me to the bone!

Grateful I'm not currently out in the rain, though I expect I will be in an hour or so. It's beginning to feel personal. Went out in the bracing cold but bright sunshine yesterday for a coffee only to watch the sky immediately start to darken and then it started to pour.
Grateful the plants are still surviving. Bit of thriving would be nice too.
Grateful to be going to see the David Hockney drawings show that opened recently in London. He seems to be able to achieve the most extraordinary things with just a pencil.
Thankful for a good night's sleep. Random occurrence still but maybe getting slightly less random.
Grateful to be sober with all of you.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober this morning ☼
Old 02-26-2020, 02:46 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Rose, I work on music reference books for a living. Have researched and edited about 150 books during the past 28 years.

Grateful that Least helped that poor dog.

Grateful for another day sober.