Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 96

Old 02-21-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Rusty - hoping you are well today. ♥ prayers.♥
Old 02-21-2020, 12:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful it warmed up enough to take Billie for a long walk in the sunshine.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:11 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful least was able to take Billie for a walk in the sunshine...spring is not far away now.
Grateful NCJan is working through personal issues. Congratulations on losing weight.
Grateful, like a Hev, that being sober isn’t boring or missing out.....and getting older is ok, we’re still us.
Grateful I’m indoors while the wind is raging outside.
Grateful for my cuppa coffee.
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-22-2020, 01:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Grateful to get back on here after a busy and not very thrilling week. Unless you count being out with a fairly light pushchair, and occupant, in wind so fierce I thought we'd actually get blown into the road. Only lasted about ten minutes but it was very scary for us. Everything got torn away including my once very nice cashmere scarf which came to rest in a very muddy gutter. (Which means, of course, Hev, that I have to put my shopping diet on hold since clearly it has to be replaced!) I was ill prepared so we'd no real protection from the wind or rain. I was struggling to find anything in the situation to be grateful for until I remembered I did actually have a warm home to go to. Hallelujah for that.
I hope your son continues to get better, Daisy. You have had such a tough few days. Thinking of you.
So glad, and I hope it's still the case, that kitty is on the mend, NL. And did you say Mr NL folded the laundry? No greater gift!
Your description of where you live was wonderful Aly. And I feel you should definitely take NC as your example get back on horseback soon.
You never said truer words, CK. I was going to say we should always all remember that but actually I think we probably do.
Hope it's a good weekend for music. Rusty, and also for your health..
Well done on the weight loss NC. I just like to toss the same two pounds backwards and forwards indefinitely.
Nice to see your rose avatar again, Ananya, and to hear you actually got the treat of sleep.
Grateful to join least and FBL in waking up sober. Day after day.

Grateful to chalk this week up to experience. I need to remember never to leave the house without a full panoply of rain equipment. There has been no single day since Sunday when I didn't get soaked. Obviously I'm not a quick study where the weather is concerned!
Grateful for a decent night's sleep, not only last night but also earlier this week.
Thankful to have a day off with nothing pressing except a good walk out on a day that - dare it say it - might not be raining.
Grateful for a warm and comfortable home.
Grateful, and would you believe I almost forgot this, to realise it's exactly eight months since I last had an alcoholic drink. A bit later than that before I found all of you and started posting on this wonderful thread. I salute you all.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Grateful and super happy to be sober on this Saturday morning!

I'm going "boing boing boing" like him because spring is a few weeks away!

Thanks for the good words graters
Have a good day! ☼
Old 02-22-2020, 02:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for some warmer temps this weekend.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

love that hop!

grateful for last nights gig

and those that came down to support us
Old 02-22-2020, 07:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Grateful for that awesome hop!
Grateful to hear my daughter singing in the shower.
Grateful my kitty actually came home yesterday after a very expensive little trip away.
Grateful too for longer days.
Grateful to have made it to the air bnb and found it is perfect.
Grateful I made it through a particularly grueling week at work (with deadlines continuing into today, Saturday ).
Grateful my son turns 12 today!
Grateful it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful day.
Grateful for a long tired sleep.
Grateful to be part of a team.
Grateful this place has everything I need: my favorite coffee, a toothbrush since I forgot mine, a fire pit, and my son’s very favorite thinks microwave popcorn.
Grateful to be alive and eventually getting to a more manageable life with eventual job change.
Grateful for the sunshine.
Grateful for this wonderful group.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober with Billie beside me on the bed.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Grateful for Rose's 8 months, was it??? Congratulations to a wonderful person!!
Grateful for a day to relax.
Grateful for my shift at ARF and that things went well. Grateful that I'm not afraid to stand up for myself or for others, animal or human. I really don't take well to bullying of anyone.
Grateful that some of you liked the brief description of where I live. Grateful for all my great equine memories riding on that mountain. I usually had Thoroughbreds or European Warmbloods. I loved riding out on the trails (sometimes those breeds get so scared on the trails that it can be dangerous to ride them out) and Dressage. I used to do a lot of jumping, even three day eventing, until I finally kind of settled on Dressage. My most favorite of the equine sports.
Grateful for all of you and have a wonderful day. It's beautiful here. ♥♥♥
Old 02-22-2020, 11:03 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Grateful for this post....
Grateful for just being here today..
Grateful for my time in recovery of 34 yrs....
Grateful for just being alive....
Old 02-22-2020, 11:24 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
p***enger

Koala, thanks for the smile

Congrats on 8 months, Rose!

Grateful for a clear head and good company.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - Yes, of course the cashmere scarf must be replaced asap. Scary incident in the wind - glad you didn't end up in Oz.
Congrats on your 8 months - how fabulous is that?!
Numblady - I'm glad $$$ Kitty is home with you.
CK - I loved that bouncy guy - how adorable.
Aly - Bullying - I can't tolerate it either. That's the one time I will speak up - normally I'm quiet & reserved.
Grateful for the sun & the nearness of spring.
Grateful I had chance to stop in - will spend more time here tomorrow.
Grateful for a sober Saturday & no self-destructive behavior.
Love to all.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Numblady kitty is home

Grateful Aly stand up to bullying.

Grateful Rose has 8 months sober Magnifico!

Grateful sunpengwyn has 34 years of recovery

Grateful for warm porridge with honey this morning
Grateful for sobriety
Grateful for all you you.
Old 02-23-2020, 12:57 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for my wonderful husband.
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-23-2020, 03:20 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thank you very much chums for your congratulations. 8 months feels good, 12 even better. Looking forward to that. Aly - you are the absolute queen of emojis!

I enjoyed your 'hop' photo, CK. Yes to spring as soon as possible please. Can't say I've noticed warmer temps here yet FBL but hopefully by the time we get to March.
NL - very happy 12th birthday to your son. (Teenage years to look forward to next then!). Hope you all have a great break.
Aly (and CK) - I have no idea how riders manage dressage. It must rely on such a close relationship of trust and amazing communication. It's lovely to watch.
Hev - replacement cashmere scarf. Fear not. I'm onto it. You mentioned self-destructive behaviour. Sigh of relief that's a thing of the past and it really is. Must have been entirely related to alcohol consumption.
Rusty - so glad the gig went well. Nice to have a supportive fan base fetching up for you.
Mags, I've never been able to like porridge which I think might relate to childhood memories of the kind of porridge that could have featured in Oliver Twist. But you have name checked my granddaughter's favourite dish. I meant to say yesterday I the side effects of your asthma treatment are now properly in check.
Sunpengwn - that is one awe inspiring achievement!

Grateful for another day of relative idleness with nothing more strenuous to do than go out and buy some towels!
Grateful to have a couple of good books on the go and a bit of time to read them.
Grateful to have sorted out some cupboards etc yesterday and to have thrown out or recycled stuff. I might have been a bit enthusiastic. Hence need for new towels. One of those jobs you never want to start but which is actually quite satisfying once done.
Grateful to catch up with you all.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to be able to host my Saturday online recovery meeting. Yesterday was one of those good ones, where I hardly have to talk, just listen to everyone else.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 MONTHS Rose!

Grateful to be sober and part of the graters pack this morning!☼
Old 02-23-2020, 06:11 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Grateful for Rose’s 8 months and Sunpengwyn’s 34 years!
Grateful for FBL and all others who take their time to lead meetings and support groups. While I never was really able to make it to the overdose grief support group very much, I so appreciate the women who co-lead it and the time they take to help others on that journey.
Grateful to be part of a team and that everyone banded together to meet yesterday’s court-imposed deadline.
Grateful this weekend in the woods has gone well. I am grateful the boys are old enough to do a lot of things for themselves. Grateful for some time outside yesterday where two of them were sitting in a porch swing while one of them recited why he wished every morning could be like it was just then: the air on his feet, the quiet, the porch swing. The only thing he wanted was a new version of some book to read. The other guy also listed the first one naming all the things as something else that made the moment nice. It was really sweet.
Grateful that for all the devices and scenery and options around here the things that made the boys the most happy and held their interest longest were: filling their shoes with pebbles and throwing them at each other repeatedly, like for over an hour to the point i had to force them to leave the park because it was closing; and digging in a huge dirt pile. Just digging.
Grateful for the fire pit and firewood here.
Grateful for roasting marshmallows and even the grit of the dirt left on the stick that I just ate along with the marshmallow. For me that was always kind of part of the ritual but one of the boys who goes to summer camp a lot washed his stick first to get the dirt off. Srsly this never once occurred to me in all the years of roasting.
Grateful to be getting tomorrow over with soon enough.
Grateful I didn’t just drink my way through this weekend. I do still find I’m sometimes impatient to transition from one activity to another (I mean seriously how long can people throw shoes at each other???) but I’m glad that it’s no longer because I want to get back to the wine at the house. Which I would have had to make sure there was plenty of and thought all about.
Grateful for restful sleep despite middle of the night waking.
Grateful the boys put themselves to bed.
Grateful to be able to rent a house like this.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

way to go rose!

grateful for a wonderful support system