Notices

Gratitute List: Blessed

Old 02-18-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GG7

Gratitute List: Blessed

I am Grateful today for all that God has done in my life and is doing. I have gone back and forth about not drinking, thinking maybe I would cut down and making all the excuses that I am can moderate. But today is 54 days without drinking and even though there are some symptoms I have gone through since November before I stopped completely in Dec., I came to a spiritual realization today that I am free! And that God has answered a prayer that I have been praying for 15 years, and that is to be free from alcohol, and to have divine wisdom to make better choices in my life! So based on this, I am grateful for:

- 54 days of not drinking alcohol, and being blessed to do it by choice!
- Answered prayer to being wiser and wanting better for my life than to drink wine every evening and sit alone drinking not accomplishing my goals, and feeling sorry for myself.
- Additionally, to have accomplished 4 major goals I have been praying about for years - got accomplished over the past couple of months which are:
1. NOT drinking
2. I lost 20 pounds that I have been trying to get off for years
and am still working towards weight training and other fitness
goals. Looking forward to even more great results
3. Doing a fast & cleanse that I have wanted to do for years but
could not do it because of not being able to stop drinking in
order to do the fast. Did a cleanse and a fast at separate times
between November and January.
4. Passed exam to get a license in a profession I have been
wanting to get back into for years and passed the test on Friday
and without much studying (wow)!!! Thank You Lord!
Also grateful for:
- Doing well in a group meeting at work where we were all asked to contribute and give our input, etc. I was able to make several profound contributions that even impressed myself. I normally would have had a brain fog and not been able to think of anything to say, or able to think of the right verbiage so I would've remained quiet. This was a big wake up call for me and proof of what drinking each night was doing to my ability to perform well at work.
- I am grateful to be alive, well, and healthy and on a path to being and feeling even MUCH healthier
- I am grateful for my family and loved ones
- I am grateful that God loves me enough to show me mercy even in the midst of all my mistakes
- I am grateful for hope for the future instead of feeling hopeless and that I would always have a drinking problem
- I am grateful that my loved ones' who are watching are inspired by the positive changes I have made and now want better for themselves
- I am grateful that I have learned even more-so through this process not to judge others or compare myself to the best or worse of anyone, not even myself. But to leave ALL to God, and show mercy even towards myself. " There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1
- I am grateful for all that God is doing in my life
- I am grateful that my body is getting healthier and healthier each day.
Thank you and God bless each of you on your journey!