Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 95

Old 01-24-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Aly, so glad you saw your psych and that you have a great relationship with him
Least, glad you got your prescriptions
Daisy, my roots are showing more too. At my last hair appointment, we decided to go with a new no amonia color for,USA. While it’s better for my hair, it doesn’t last as long so I moved my appointment up to next week. In the meantime, grateful for the color touch up products. Though not good for the environment 😐
FBL, so glad you love your life he way it is!
Numblady, my big cat nibbles on my work materials too, even the corner of my laptop. My little cat likes to walk across my keyboard. I finally learned to close the office door now when I work so they don’t bug me, as cute as they are. I’m sorry about your friends dad! It’s so sweet and mature that your son wants to support his friend!

Grateful for this special time to myself and to enjoy my coffee with SR
Grateful I’m not paying much attention to the impeachment news
Grateful my health wellness results yesterday were stellar. Four years ago, I was early stages of diabetes, my weight was up, elevated liver, and a host of other problems that didn’t show on my lab tests but I knew it was bad. A year into sobriety, my blood sugar dropped to just below prediabetes and other positive changes were showing up. Three years in and my blood sugar is 25 points below where it was far below prediabetes, LDL didn’t even make the chart, BMI is low normal range! I made other changes too, after getting sober, like more exercise and better diet. But honestly, I had made some of these other lifestyle changes even before stopping drinking and my numbers didn’t really turn around until after the drinking stopped. Grateful to discuss wellness and the need for other lifestyle improvements to protect against things like cancer and dementia. So I am never ever eating or drinking anything with aspartame again, not even a Diet Coke, not even once in a while! Apparently Stevia and brands that have it, like Truvia are ok, which is good because that’s what I normally use along with honey and maple syrup. Grateful to be increasing my intake of fish oil and B complex vitamins - other measures to prevent cognitive decline. Grateful my Dads experience has made me more aware of these issues, albeit maybe a little obsessed 😊. Grateful to accept ai can’t control everything but there are some things I can
Grateful to pick my battles with sonny boy. I’ve given up on the eye patch. It’s too big of a fight and not worth the effort for various reasons that I don’t have enough time to go into. Grateful for prescription glasses. Grateful to focus instead on dental hygiene and room cleanup. Changes are needed here. Ugh!
Grateful to be adding some routines back into my life as schedule and time permits, like Weds, Sat and Sun will be my running days, Thursday will be my art day, Friday is going to be an extra focus on meditation, though I do a little of that every day.
Grateful to have plans to see our close friends for dinner tomorrow night
Grateful you are all here!
Old 01-24-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Sorry about those typos. I can’t find the edit on this format I’m in. I suppose no amonia hair color is good for the USA too, (and the UK and anywhere else in the world for that matter). Lol 😂
Old 01-24-2020, 06:59 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

grateful if i'm tired i can rest

grateful i no longer fight it
Old 01-24-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to have you all as friends on this journey.
Grateful for kindness.
Grateful to be acting brave even if I don’t quite feel it.

Old 01-24-2020, 08:39 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober with Billie right beside me on the bed.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numblady - Yes, yes...that is definitely me. The Cinderella of the Catskills. Maybe my fairy godmother will use her wand to help me lose 20 lbs.
Fearless - Good that you're watching what you put into your body. I should be more careful. Nice that you're back to running - another thing I should be doing.
Aly - Are you feeling any better?
Grateful New York has banned plastic bags. I've bought some colorful reusable bags - but I'm going to miss the plastic ones, used them for many things.
Grateful MrH will have access to his original birth certificate soon. He was adopted as an infant & never knew birth parents' names. They finally got the bill passed & we've sent in the application.
Grateful for all of US here. We are quite impressive.
:
Old 01-24-2020, 10:20 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Thank you, Hev. Emotionally I'm feeling a lot better, but I think I may have over done some things this week. I'm going to have to cancel my ARF shift tonight, I'm still hanging on a bit with this flu bug. Getting better every day and grateful I get to rest. Love you.
Rusty, prayers and love to you.
Grateful it's sunny and pretty today.
Grateful this headache isn't from drinking (this bug!)
Grateful for my Luke who is almost always by my side and takes such good care of my mom and me.
I will be very grateful to get back to ARF! I heard they were looking for another volunteer supervisor so I hope the one we have now isn't leaving. I love her.
I'm dealing with roots too. Some are brown and some are grey. My sister owns a hair salon and she usually does my hair. I'm hoping she's ok and not drinking because she hasn't gotten back to me. Maybe I'll have to go to someone else. I love her so much, I wish she'd get it together at least a little bit.
I called the new doctor and they are going to call me back. He's with a different network and I hope they can take me.
Love and peace to everyone. ♥♥♥
Old 01-25-2020, 12:08 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful fearless has taken aspartame from her diet.
Grateful Hev has a kind fairy godmother who helps her lose weight....mine must be a right naughty fairy godmother.
Also Grateful Mr. Hev will have access to his original birth certificate.
Grateful Aly knows when to rest. Hope you’re feeling better soon love.
Grateful I’m a lot calmer and settled nowadays.
Grateful for sobriety
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:07 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Grateful for a sober Saturday morning.
Grateful I don't have to worry about where I've hidden my wine bottles any more.
Grateful for an un-interrupted night's sleep, I woke up a few times but didn't get up.
Grateful my g.son is with me.
Grateful Mr D.B isn't working today.
Grateful my little cat was so happy to see me this morning.
Grateful that my brother gave my mum a lift into town.
Grateful Numblady planned to show up for her son's friend's family, that is just so sad N.L.
Grateful to read about Fearless's life changing healthy lifestyle, something that I need to work on a little more.
Grateful Hevyn's Mr H will get his birth cert, I pray he gets the information he desires so much. Good luck Mr H. xxx
Grateful Aly cancelled her ARF shift last night, self care is an important part of recovery. I hope your sister is looking after herself too. xx
Grateful to follow Mags with my post.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xxx
Old 01-25-2020, 03:27 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Grateful to hear about the birth certificate, Hev (and will also hope that fairy godmother makes an appearance!).
Grateful like Daisy for uninterrupted sleep. I haven’t gotten all that much of it but it has been deep. Or at least, that’s what I choose to believe because I didn’t get out of bed.
Grateful that if all else fails I can write a to-do on the back of my hand so I don’t forget.
Grateful for the hilarious and meandering minds of Children. Last night I was in the car for just a short while with my son and here is a sample of the rapid-fire questions and such. “Mom, why is the Frost Bank Building so big? Who is ATM? If you buy enough stock would you own the whole company? Does Kim Jong-Un Have a wife? My friend got a puppy!” It’s just so random and funny to me.
Grateful that I never have to worry when I deal with other people at night if I seem drunk. Well I guess I still worry that they could wonder if I was drinking but I’m glad I know in my heart I haven’t and don’t. Last night my daughter's friend wanted to be picked up instead of stay over for sleepover and my husband wouldn’t go to the door because he was drunk, which he announced, which my daughter then repeated multiple times in front of her friend’s mom. Which was not my favorite. But I was glad to know in my core there was a stable sober parent at the house—me.
Grateful that I wake up early, even if I’m terrible at staying up at night.
Grateful for Fearless’ funny typo — and her inspirational healthy living journey.
Grateful Aly is resting and that RZ knows when to rest, too.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for caring about the birth certificate. So many questions will hopefully be answered.
Numblady - So, I had to google 'Does Kim Jong-Un' have a wife. He does - her name is Ri Sol-Ju. She's cute, around 29, & keeps a very low profile (no surprise). Who knew?
Grateful Aly is being cautious & not overdoing it. Grateful for Luke.
Grateful MrH does most of the cooking. I truly dislike it.
Grateful for a sober weekend. I shudder to think of past ones that flew by in a blur.
Grateful for our friendship here.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:49 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober with Billie beside me on the bed.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:59 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hev, so exciting about Mr. H's birth certificate. I hope he gets some answers, He sounds like a gem.
Rusty, sending a prayer. I haven't seen you today. I hope you are doing well.
Grateful that I can pretty much rest today. Whatever this bug is, it doesn't want to go away.
Grateful for all the uplifting posts.
Grateful for all of you so very much. Have a peaceful Saturday.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

((((RZ))))
NCJ- I like the saying “fake it till you make it”
Aly, agree with Daisy on the self care. Good for you for canceling your shifts when you know you need to rest. I know you miss it when you can’t go though
Hev, that is so exciting about MrH. Is he going to try to find his birth parents? I’ve thought about doing the 23 and me deal to try to find estranged half siblings.
Numblady, so glad you were sober when Mr NL was not. I’ve been there before. Not easy. Love the kids questions in the car. It’s funny, my son and I can have some pretty deep or comical conversations in car rides. Conversations In Cars With Mom - it could be a show. Like the Seinfeld Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. The other day my son and I talked about the names of our generations, like Mr F is on the tail end of the baby boomers, and kids these days just refer to all old people as boomers, even those who are just a few years older than them. Like a sixteen year old might be a boomer if they are somehow outdated. I’m a gen X and my son is a gen Z. He’s not technically a gen Y, which is the same as a millennial, as I thought. We talked about why the X Y Z names, and discovered later than gen Xers have no identifiable distinguishable traits so they just called us X. Lol. We think the next generation should be called the igen or gen wah (for work at home). I’m totally digressing!
Grateful for dats and cogs
Grateful for Pinterest, Shutterfly and art websites and blogs
Grateful for my airpods
Grateful to be going to watch sonny boy at karate then go for a run
Grateful to have plans for dinner with our favorite friends. Grateful Mr F is drinking less than he used to
Grateful for you
Old 01-25-2020, 09:55 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

been sleeping aly

the doc said just rest, as i have a slight colds/flu
Old 01-25-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

That is the best thing for that and everything you are going through. I'm so glad you're getting your zzz's. I hope so that you are feeling a bit better. All my love to a wonderful person! ♥♥♥
Old 01-25-2020, 11:09 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you
Grateful for my husband and my sweet horse.
Grateful to practise a positive attitude.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:16 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Grateful for this temporarily moment of quiet this Sunday morning. I hope at least one of us got a visit from the hugbot this morning!

Daisy - don't like to think how much I have spent in hairdressers! Finally after spending a small fortune I gave up on colouring my hair and embraced the gray/white. Well not exactly embraced, more accepted. As it turned out, my hair was naturally a kind of silver gray (who would have known?) that I can just about live with it. But I still hanker for the good old days of darker hair and when I win the lottery and can go to the hairdressers everyday I shall go back to colour!
NC - good luck with the start of semester two. How long will your Masters take?
Hev - thanks to NL, you are now permanently fixed in my mind in your Cinderella role! I shall not be asking what size shoes you take. Wow. Very exciting indeed about Mr H's birth certificate.
NL - I hope this is the year you finally escape that job for something a bit more manageable.
Fearless - so glad your post reminded me of Dr Seuss books. My granddaughter loves books and I'd forgotten about Dr Seuss. Time to roll him out.
Aly - just to say thinking about you and I hope you finally start feeling better soon. Anxiety attacks - truly horrible and debilitating.
Rusty - my spagbol was a big success! I just chose an internet recipe that got lots of votes and that (apparently slightly controversially) included carrots and it turned out to be delicious. Now you obey your doctor and stay in bed.
Mags - I hope you are right that spring is just round the corner. Can't come enough.

Grateful to have had a bit of time off to go shopping (fatal - thought my bank card would start laughing when I put it in the machine) with my bf.
Grateful to have caught up with ex colleagues. Great fun and a timely reminder that not working is the best treat ever.
So thankful not only to be not drinking but to have been lucky enough this far not to have had too many visits from the AV. Long may that continue.
Happy to be a part of this lovely group of people.
Old 01-26-2020, 02:10 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober
Grateful to be part of the SR family

Have a good Sunday! ☼