SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 93 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/442907-morning-gratitude-part-93-a.html)

Deserto 10-24-2019 08:02 AM

Grateful for the new thread.

Congrats Lily! Fearless LOL.

Grateful for three fun weekends of travel coming up. Look out Hollywood, here I come.

Alysheba 10-24-2019 08:50 AM

Citrus congrats on your 10 days! It is good to see you around this thread again!
Rusty, hope the chemo went as well as can be expected, but I am SO happy for you that you got to sit in drumming on 4 songs. How awesome for an awesome person. Prayers. :hug:
Grateful I finally got my flu shot yesterday.
Grateful to be going to lunch with my mom. I hope it's a nice one. She had a stroke a few years ago and she at first was so nice. Now, after some time has gone by, she can be really difficult sometimes. I know it is brain damage, she had an annyurism (spelled that one wrong!) that burst and was cauterized at the same time. I try really hard to have patience with her. I do love her. I know, even though our relationship has been challenging at times, I hope she's around for a long time.
Grateful for all the lovely grats this morning and seeing all my friends. So grateful for all of you! ♥

Hevyn 10-24-2019 09:24 AM

Aly - Thanks for the encouragement - I haven't actually started yet ;) but I am determined to.
Hoping you enjoy your lunch with mom.
Lilly - It's wonderful to have you join us - you aren't lost, you're here with people who understand. :hug:
Citrus - Very proud of you for that 10 days - we know how hard it is.
Zip - Cheering and praying for you - always.
Deserto - H-wood will be fun - enjoy yourself immensely. :)
Fearless - I'm way older ;) but feel as you do - so much better than I did when younger/drinking.
Rose - Anthony Gormley - I saw his 'Event Horizon' exhibit years ago. Sculptures of men (some standing on high rises) in New York City. A bit controversial at first because people mistook them for jumpers - but it was magnificent.
Yes, strolling to brisk walking. :) No trotting or jogging for Hev. :tongue:
Grateful for the bright sun.
Grateful for all the birds that stayed behind while some migrated.
Grateful the insects are gone until spring.
Grateful for online bargains, encouraging me to begin Christmas shopping - but kind of miss the trecks to the mall.
Grateful for your humor, courage, & optimism.

least 10-24-2019 10:33 AM

Grateful to have the energy and ambition to take Billie for a long walk to the store. :)

Austerities 10-24-2019 08:08 PM

Grateful it's Friday
Grateful for coffee and water
Grateful for a good raincoat

Rose335 10-25-2019 12:29 AM

Hi lyddie

Rusty - way to go with the drumming. And I'm thankful for you that the chemo is out of the way for this week.

Aly - hope that lunch with your mum went well or at lesst that it wasn't too difficult.

Hev/Fearless - I too am knocking on. Would that it was otherwise. But it is definitely true that I feel - and I think, look - better than I ever did in my last few driving years. Not a high bar of course, but still...

Austerities - with you on the raincoat. I thought it was a bit rash of me to buy an expensive new waterproof coat (given that I'm knocking on!) but I was so wrong. Rain and more rain here. And more forecast for the next few days.

Fearless - wild and crazy? Yes, lol!

Grateful for a busy sociable day yesterday, in between bursts of rain. Met a friend for breakfast in The Wolseley which is next to the Ritz Hotel in London and quite swanky. Scrambled egg, however, no better than my own.
Grateful that the production of Death of a Salesman that I saw in the evening was very impressive. You'd think an Arthur Miller play written over 50 years ago might not resonate with modern audiences but In fact the theatre was packed with predominantly young people. Not quite so grateful that it lasted just over 3 hours. That's a stretch when you're in the less than comfortable seats in an old London theatre.
Thankful I've done many inevitable and seemingly endless boring household things already this week and that I'm waiting for a grocery delivery. Anybody's guess what strange sized stuff I'll have ordered but at least no need to go out food shopping today.
Grateful of course to be sober and connecting with the lovely Grat pack. I noticed yesterday evening btw that my exotic sounding but not exotic tasting non-alcoholic fruit drink cost more than a glass of wine! Cheek.

Nice to have the weekend to look to, especially for the workers.

NewChapterJan18 10-25-2019 02:10 AM

Good morning, lovely Grats.

Grateful to have had time with my horse last night, even if it wasn't our best lesson performance-wise.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to have learned skills to deal with my anxiety and to be putting them to good use.
Grateful for my lovely, wonderful husband.
Grateful for my warm home as the months turn wintery.

Grateful Least had a long walk with Billie.
Grateful Rose is ramping up the walking, which is certainly not easy to do when the weather doesn't exactly motivate - I hope you are enjoying those endorphins! The exhibition sounds interesting as does the theatre production. I go to the theatre once or twice a year with my dad and we're always on the lookout for good plays.
Grateful for Fearless' comments about her marriage - this gives me hope for a long and exciting life with my husband. LOL. Enjoy the fundraiser today!
Grateful RZ had the ooommph and sat in on 4 songs, amazing. so glad that chemo went as well as can be, also. Thank you for the earlier explanation of your job and the book project - I am an avid reader and have been obsessed with reading and books since I was a child. It is my ambition to write a novel someday (fiction). What a cool job!
Grateful Lyddie is here - welcome Lyddie! (or welcome back? I am pretty new to the grat thread!)
Grateful Deserto has some fun travel coming up - enjoy!
Grateful Aly is spending quality time with her mom. It is very complex to reconcile certain feelings in the situations like you have described, and it sounds like you are doing such a wonderful job as a daughter to care and be kind for your mom and have grace in managing the challenges presented by her health issues.
Grateful Hev has has time to start Christmas shopping, I haven't even thought about it yet!
Grateful Austerities has a good raincoat - the value of such should never be underestimated!

Grateful to all of you!! Have a wonderful day :grouphug:

Numblady 10-25-2019 03:45 AM

Grateful for RZ’s successful chemo and his oomph.
Grateful we had a huge rain storm last night but didn’t lose power or experience flooding (in the not grateful part i found this out because I was on a work call at 9 p.m. and one person had power outage and another had flooding).
Grateful for my daughter’s sweet joke last night. It was a variation of a joke about the jerk store calling and them being all out of you. Only she said the super mom store called and they were all out of me. Did this whole little thing where she pretended a phone was ringing and held her hand to her face as though she was talking on a phone.
Grateful my son’s soccer game got canceled. They got to play for approximately one minute before the sky opened and the ref called the game off. It made for a much less frenetic night.
Grateful my brutal day yesterday helped me sleep very heavily.
Grateful I canceled the babysitter last night and was just home.
Grateful for grocery delivery.
Grateful to be here.

PalmerSage 10-25-2019 04:58 AM

Grateful that I'm allowed to pop into these threads whenever the mood strikes. :)
Grateful that I slept through my dogs' barking last night.
Grateful it's Friday.
Grateful for early mornings in the office.
Grateful to be sober and able to deal with life on its own terms.
Grateful for my kids.
:)

Hevyn 10-25-2019 05:42 AM

Grateful I'm leaving for the 'big city' in a few minutes - the usual Walmart, Dollar Store, Tractor Supply, etc. :) Quite the adventure.
Grateful to have time to stop in and wish you all a special Friday. :grouphug:

Rusty Zipper 10-25-2019 06:00 AM

grateful for continued spiritual growth

courage2 10-25-2019 07:47 AM

Grateful for all the things I don't know

Pouncer 10-25-2019 08:30 AM

Grateful for my family and home.

Also grateful for new episodes of Bojack. He’s in rehab!

Alysheba 10-25-2019 11:11 AM

New Chapter, thank you for your lovely message. I hope your weekend with your horse is a good one. I'm so happy for you that you have one, they are so healing, at least for me (well my emotional well being, a bit hard on the body, starting young colts, whew!). Give him/her a kiss for me. ♥ I used to have horses almost my whole life. Hoping I can get another one someday!
Grateful Hev is getting some shopping in town.
Grateful that my mom is having lunch with some of her friends that she used to work with at the District Attorneys office. They are all retired now and get together once a month and it seems really fun for her.
Grateful I slept well last night.
Grateful for all the people here who care and are dealing with difficult issues and we can all share. I love the positivity on this thread, despite a couple of whines (at least from me) once in a while.
Have a wonderful day all. Love and peace to all. ♥♥♥

ps New Chapter, if you ride English, which I think you do, remember to wear your helmet. I used to skip it a lot when I was younger, even jumping, and I've had a fair amount of concussions. That was before they even knew the kind of damage concussions can do .
:wavey::grouphug:

Mags1 10-26-2019 12:26 AM

Grateful to be here alive and well
Grateful for being sober
Grateful for all of you :grouphug:

Rose335 10-26-2019 01:06 AM

New Chapter - glad you had some quality time with your horse. And impressed that you've been able to put some of your anxiety management skills to good use. That takes concentration and effort.

Numblady - your daughter sounds like an absolute sweetie.

Hev - please report back on your adventures in the city!

Aly - glad you got a good night's sleep. Me too. Makes such a difference. I hope you're doing well.

Mags - I'll second that: grateful to be here alive and well too.

Grateful for what's been a week of going out a lot, especially eating out, to some very nice places and events. Thankful however in light of the number of restaurant meals eaten to be going back to 'my' normal next week. Don't think my general health or bank balance would benefit from me continuing at quite this pace. And beyond thankful that not one of these events has involved alcohol, nor finally any desire for a glass of wine. That's a bit of a breakthrough for me.

Hope everyone has the best of weekends.

NewChapterJan18 10-26-2019 02:20 AM

Good morning lovely Grats!

Grateful for a lovely meal with my in-laws last night.
Grateful to have gotten a work project out by deadline yesterday.
Grateful to be managing adverse work situations with less anxiety.
Grateful to be sober.
So Grateful always for all of you and my SR classmates.

Grateful for NL's daughter's sweet joke. She always sounds like such fun and so very sweet. Grateful also that you managed to have a good night's sleep, I know how crazy your workload is and how incredibly hard you work.
Grateful my other classmate PS is here also!
Grateful Hev got to have another big city adventure!
Grateful for RZ's spiritual growth.
Grateful for Courage's humility.
Grateful Pouncer feels fortunate for family and home.
Grateful for Aly's kind message about my horse and for being so thoughtful to offer sound advice about wearing my helmet and safety. I always wear both helmet and body protector when riding in fact. I think it's ingrained from when I was a child - it was my grandparents who first brought me riding and the rule was that I could only go if I wore helmet and back protector at all times. I guess it just formed as a habit into later life! I love what you said about horses being healing, my sweet boy has been so good for my soul this past almost year. He is such a character with such charm and personality, and I just love how quirky and odd he is compared with the other horses at the stables. I will surely give him a big kiss for you! ♥
Grateful for Mags' post.
Grateful for Rose's kind comments and that you had such a fun week of outings. I completely relate to the idea of looking forward to resuming normal routine, I often feel that way after a run of meals and events out for all of the reasons you mentioned!

Have a wonderful, sober weekend all - big hugs! :grouphug:

FBL 10-26-2019 02:54 AM

Grateful for another day sober.

Daisybelle 10-26-2019 03:35 AM

Thanks for the new thread Opi.

Welcome Lostlilly, gratitude plays a big part in my sobriety, there is always something to be grateful for. Stick with it, the Grat Pack are a lovely bunch of kind, supportive friends.

Thank you for your kind words N.L and Rose.

Good for you Hevyn, I should follow your lead.

Aly, my SIL had an annyurism a few years ago, I feel your pain.

Grateful for a hangover free Saturday morning.
Grateful for a half decent night's sleep.
Grateful to give my mum a lift to town.
Grateful my little cat is curled up on her warm little bed and not out in the rain
Grateful my little g.son is here with me.
Grateful for coffee and a bacon sandwich.
Grateful to find time to post this morning.
Grateful for communication and Google translate.
Grateful Pouncer is a cancer survivor and Rusty will be one too.
Grateful to see Lyddie here.
Grateful Aly had that flu jab at last, I must phone about mine on Monday.
Grateful to read all your posts, I'm sorry that I don't have time to reply to them all.
Grateful for each and every one of you. x

lmvalentine 10-26-2019 04:36 AM

I’m new on this thread but read it for inspiration. Trying to stay positive is challenging at times.
I’m grateful for the small amount of sleep and I know tonight will be better.
Grateful my ADIL got home safe and sound from a night “out”.
Grateful I have a job to go to today even if it’s temporary it helps financially. It came along just when needed.
Grateful to recognize improvement in my reaction to life’s challenges.
Grateful you are all here!