Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 11-10-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Good, least, I'm glad you are feeling better. ♥
Old 11-10-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Numblady - your job sounds close to undoable and I do admire you for coping with it. That cup of coffee in bed was well earned. Nice habit of your daughter's!.

Fearless - a hike, pedicure and lunch with a friend? That's a bit more like it. Have yourself a few hours off. You deserve it.

least - pleased you are feeling better. Hope it continues that way.

Grateful for a bright and beautiful day here, especially after yesterday which was truly dismal.
Thankful I've outstared the ironing. That's that for another day, then.
Grateful to have a couple of good books to read.
Grateful for a day of peace and relaxation with no deep remorse or self dislike. Not that hard to find as it turned out yet it proved unnecessarily elusive to me for such a long time. No point in looking back so I won't. I shall simply say very glad to be here with each and every one of you.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:53 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hello Lovely Grats! Wishing everyone a Happy Monday and a peaceful week ahead.

Grateful that I had both Saturday and Sunday free from college work and work work! It was good for the soul and the mind to get a real break. Hubby and I even had a date night on Saturday and got all dressed up and went to a nice restaurant. I can't remember the last time we did this, and we used to do it all the time. I think it really helped for us to reconnect. The restaurant even made me a non-alcoholic mojito which was delicious and a real treat.
Grateful to have competed yesterday with my horse, even though we knocked a rail and picked up 4 faults so didn't place. It was a new place that I hadn't been to before and it was pretty fancy, so it was fun to try something new. I also have to remind myself that I'm still new to the showjumping scene, so shouldn't be so hard on myself.
Grateful for my warm house as the Winter is setting in.
Grateful always for all of you

Sorry I must dash, sending a big hug to you all! Apologies I don't have time just now to reply to each of you individually, I am grateful for each and every one of you! <3
Old 11-11-2019, 02:19 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Grateful for my daughter and SIL.
Grateful for fairly restful sleep.
Grateful for boundaries.
Grateful for a good breakfast and hot coffee.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Grateful GD is feeling better and I will be taking her to daycare. She needs a timeout from her grumpy Gma and I need a time out!
Grateful it did not snow a lot and will be nicer the rest of the week.
Grateful to be warm and cozy today.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

On this Veterans Day, I'm grateful for my family members that served in the military. My Grandpa in WWI, my uncle in WWII, two uncles in Korea and a cousin in Vietnam. Grateful that all of them made it home safely.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

best wishes fearless!

grateful for more drumming yesterday

i think i got it out of my system, as next chemo is wed.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Though my Dad seems to be rapidly declining from his dementia, he seemed to at least be in better spirits when we spoke last night. His wife’s daughter is really doing a lot to help them both. I feel guilty but I am beyond grateful she is local and has the ability along with other geographically close family members to help. While things settle, working out plans to help remotely until it makes sense to be there in person
Grateful least is feeling better
NCJ, glad you got a break and had a nice time with Mr NCJ. Btw, when I’m not ordering water or Diet Coke, NA mojito is my fav!
Grateful for all those here who take care of grandchildren
Grateful for Veterans Day and all those, including my Dad, who served
Grateful sonny boy has a friend over since school is closed today so he won’t be bored
Grateful to be able to work from home
Grateful for each one of you always ❤️
Old 11-11-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful to those who served in the military. Also grateful that my generation wasn't called to fight a major war.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:37 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - We shouldn't even have ironing. Must choose different fabric.
Fearless - I'm glad things are looking up a bit.
Grateful for the brave souls who stepped up & served to keep us free.
Grateful to have put quite a dent in Christmas shopping.
Grateful to finally fall back to sleep after a 3am wake up.
Grateful for our gathering here each day.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for those who served our country. Grateful for those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:08 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Impossible not to be moved by, and deeply grateful to, all those commemorated by Remembrance Day events. Mine was indeed the lucky generation that was spared.

Hev - too true! Don't know why I spend money on fancy Nancy silk blouses that need special washing and ironing. There are alternative outfits for child minding!

Fearless - please don't feel guilty, just grateful to your dad's wife's daughter. I do think being physically close makes an enormous difference when it comes to offering/giving help if one is anyway minded to do so.

NewChapter - I still think your showjumping sounds impressive (and brave) even if you did pick up 4 faults. Onwards and upwards!.

FBL - that's an impressive family service record.

Ananya - thankful for you that you had fairly restful sleep. Bit of a rare commodity on occasion.

Grateful to have got through this rather cold and miserable day, weatherwise, especially since it included the return of toddler swimming. No code brown to save us this week!
Grateful to be looking forward to an early night. Irritatingly, slept very poorly last night just when I thought a whole night's sleep was within my grasp. That'll teach me to overreach myself.
Grateful to have been reminded of NA mojito. That'll be my order on Wednesday evening when I meet friends for dinner.
Grateful to be a member of this Grat pack thread.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:29 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Grateful I woke up feeling awful, which was not due to alcohol! I think I have a relapse of the bug I've been trying to get rid of. Naturally it happens on the busiest week I've had in a long time. Grateful I will get through this.
Prayers and love to Fearless and what she is having to deal with. I too am grateful for so many grandparents who care for their grandchildren.♥
Grateful I can stay in bed most of the day, if I need to.
Rusty we'll all be thinking of you next Wed. I'm so glad you got to play drums!
Grateful for all of you so much. Coming here sober with all of you gives me so much support. Love and peace to everyone here. ♥♥♥
Old 11-12-2019, 02:16 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

ImValentine, so sorry re: DIL DUI. Forgot to say that.
Courage, that is a profound grat that had not crossed my mind until you said it. Thank you.

Grateful for veterans. When I start to whine about my job, help me remember that overnights and stress are nothing compared to the pressure, strain, and devastation of combat.
Grateful to be taking a few minutes to post even though it will make me a bit late.
Grateful to get through a definite milestone in this major thing that’s been kicking our butts at work. Got to email just at midnight to say we’d made the cut-off yesterday.
Grateful my kids got a two hour weather delay. My daughter was so happy!
Grateful the roads seem fine out there but people driving in for bus driving etc. are safe.
Grateful for my precious, precious coffee. Much needed for burning candle at both ends.
Grateful for you all and your grats.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

grateful for my gots
Old 11-12-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numblady - I'm glad things are looking up at work. I hope it means less stress & aggravation for you.
Aly - I hope you feel better today & that you could rest.
Grateful for a trip to the big city today for provisions. Snow and ice is happening. Must get the bread and milk.
Grateful that the approaching holidays no longer make me uneasy. I don't feel that I'm missing out or deprived.
Grateful we can be ourselves here.
Sending love out to our little grat fam.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Rose and Hev, I’m with you on the ironing. I must stop ironing t-shirts! What am I thinking?
Speaking of T-shirts, grateful for the new t-shirt I ordered on-line that says “Pobody’s Nerfect”. It probably will need ironing though. Lol
Grateful to be a cute t-shirt nerd. Grateful I can wear this stuff even when I go into the now casual office, and that I no longer need to wear conservative business suits. Unless I’m with a client, of course. That would be funny to wear this t-shirt to a meeting. Or the one that says “I told my therapist about you” Or the one that says “Hold on. Let me overthink this”
Rose, thank you for that thought. Instead of feeling guilty, I’m going to be grateful and focus on being proactive and supportive for my Dad however I can. I hope you have a better night sleep tonight
Aly, I’m really sorry the bug is back. How awful! I hope it doesn’t last as long as last time and you get back to normal soon
Numblady, glad you’ve made some progress at work
Grateful for Daisy. Hi Daisy
Grateful things aren’t worse. Grateful for all the things going well - work, health, sonny boy, my own little family
Grateful for perspective, acceptance and serenity prayer
Grateful for today, and one breath at a time
Grateful for each of you ❤️

Old 11-12-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Fearless -- I love "Pobody's Nerfect"

Grateful for a lovely weekend down in Arizona with the lady friend. We stayed in a little dirt floor cabin on the mesa. Deserto would rise every two hours to stoke the wood stove; never let it be said that he don't know how to keep a lady warm.

Grateful to have borrowed (er, rented - ed.) some horses and gone for an afternoon ride down in the canyon. Of course, Deserto was born in a saddle, and could rope a steer before he learned to stand.

Grateful for beautiful weather.

Grateful for two-lane blacktops.

Grateful to be back home and not too sore from all that horse-ridin'.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.