Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 85

Old 12-02-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Grateful for Purps first Thanksgiving sober
Aly, right backatcha sista! ❤️
Grateful to be educating myself and learning
Grateful for so many online resources and information
Grateful to order a new (actually used) Michael Kors handbag on Thred Up and get extra Cyber Monday savings
Grateful for Southwest Cyber Monday savings and to purchase flights for February ski trip
Grateful for carnitas nachos
Grateful I swear I’m getting back on the healthy eating wagon tomorrow!
Grateful for each of you and all we share
Old 12-02-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Aly, right backatcha sista!
purps, congrats!
Grateful to be patient with technology
Grateful to be going to bed sober
Old 12-02-2019, 08:23 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Guys, I have no idea what happened with the dups. Lmao. I kept getting timed out notices then tried reconstructing in between sonny boy distractions. Then I realized the posts already went through 😊
Old 12-03-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Fearless, you can say that again!! Lol I removed your duplicates.

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Grateful for carnitas nachos
Oh yeah I'd be grateful for those too!

Grateful I was able to help my brother out and split some wood for his fireplace.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Grateful for ending another sober, I'll always be grateful for that
Grateful to get a couple more Christmas presents today.
Grateful to give my mum a lift to her choir practise and grateful to pick her up and take her home afterwards.
Grateful for a telephone conversation with my daughter.
Grateful to see a bit of sunshine today.
Grateful my little cat is in for the night.
Grateful I found Mr D.B's tablets that I'd put in a 'safe' place, lol.
Grateful to do a bit of pebble painting this evening, I'm having a go at a Christmas scene.
Grateful Aly had a productive day.
Grateful Fearless got some bargains.
Grateful Astro was able to help his brother.
Grateful to be here with you all.
Grateful for each of you. xxx
Old 12-03-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Grateful to have a one on one training session at ARF. I thought the woman who was training was super weird. I'm supposed to have another one with her next week, incl written and oral/onthe job tests. I don't think I really want to do it. I have to get a hold of my supervisor tomorrow and cancel the rest of that ridiculous "training". The basics are, you go into the dog condo, making sure the dog doesn't escape, big no no. He/she have to have 4 on the floor if they jump on you, so you either tell them to sit, if they know how or throw treats and say, find it. Then you try to get them to relax and the behaviours that you should leave by. Big whip, right? I have to read a bunch of xeroxs to make sure I "have it down". I think it's major overkill and if they are going to treat volunteers like that, maybe I'll stick with laundry and sign up to foster for a few hours or whatever. This trainer woman was flipping weird-o.
Grateful I can see when I don't want to waste my time doing something that doesn't feel right to me. She even told me there was an unwritten word, that volunteers don't talk to the staff. I'm thinking,over half the people who work there are my friends and I talk to them all the time. Even as she and I walked around, the staff was saying hi to me. This I don't need. I think that's weird. I wonder if the powers that be know of her weirdness. Sorry for the kvetching.
Grateful I'm my own person, right or wrong.
Grateful for genuine people here. Grateful for unpretentiousness.
Grateful so much for all of you. I am so appreciative of you. ♥♥♥
Old 12-03-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Aly, that lady sounds weird to me too.

Grateful for another day with my beagirl Billie.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Daisy, I love the Christmas pebble painting idea. After my rock painting fundraiser party, I’m a bit pebbled out for now. But I could think of nice Christmas scenes 🌲
Aly, what a wacka-doodle. Lmao. I’m glad you are who you are and that you don’t get sucked into that sort of weirdness!
Grateful that I have no interest in trying rage yoga which combines beer drinking and swearing with yoga classes. What the!?
Grateful my Dad was in a good mood when I talked to him on the phone. He has no regrets and knows he is in a good place now. Things are getting sorted out day by day, and I’m continuing on being proactive then waiting patiently for things to fall into place. Grateful to have things in perspective about how the situation could be a lot worse, to feel confident about my Dads safety, shelter and friends. He’s even making new friends already too. Grateful that for now he has funds to cover the place and some home health coverage, and we have time to figure out the rest.
Grateful Mr F took sonny boy to guitar lessons so I could have some time to myself
Grateful that all the things I’ve been doing to deal with the hormonal hair loss I started having a few months ago are working
Grateful for nondairy Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
Grateful for one day at a time and to keep moving forward
Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Grateful for 50 days sober.
Grateful to watch my son play basketball tonight.
Grateful for snuggles with the youngest.
Grateful I've lost a little weight.
Grateful to have car insurance paid.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
She even told me there was an unwritten word, that volunteers don't talk to the staff. I'm thinking,over half the people who work there are my friends and I talk to them all the time. Even as she and I walked around, the staff was saying hi to me.
That would be a big red flag to me, being told not to talk to others. Very strange! In fact, working in local government I've been reprimanded a couple times for failing to say hello to a director

I'm grateful for the ability to just be myself and not be told how to act or behave
Old 12-04-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your validation! That was a weird experience.
Fearless, I was lmao too, esp in retrospect, but I was kind of laughing during the weird things she was saying to me. Oh well, I hopefully won't have to deal with her anymore!
Grateful for my mom.
Grateful for Luke.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful so much for all of you. Love and peace. ♥♥♥
Grateful for Luke.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful so much for all of you.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm grateful to see this many times a day.

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom - Viktor E. Frankl

If you have no other religion, make it gratitude.
Thanks Fearless!
Old 12-04-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I’m glad you reminded me of this Least!

You guys should know I am struggling. I don’t want to drink but I do want to numb myself so I guess I do think about drinking. But I won’t. It’s such an overwhelming time with my Dad. I know it will pass. I am grateful for all of you. I am grateful that we only have probably 2-3 years of pain at the most. Grateful for resources. Grateful for a supportive husband. Grateful that family and job are good. Grateful for my health
Old 12-05-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fearless, I've been sober a few years but oh my gosh there are days when the thought of a cold beer crosses my mind, but of course one was never enough and then I play the tape through and remember my marriages falling apart, losing my home, not seeing my children. That always brings me back to reality and reminds me that I can never safely drink again. Yes, it always passes.

I'm grateful that I don't have to drink anymore, and I guess I never really did.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I just lost a good post and named all of you. I don't have the energy to recompose it.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful so much for all of you.
Fearless I'm sending a prayer up that you are ok and got through the feelings that made you feel like drinking. All my love and support.
Love and peace to you all. ♥♥♥
Old 12-05-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fearless, I also want to numb myself sometimes, but won't drink no matter what. I hope you can find the peace of mind to deal with all these circumstances.

Aly, sorry you lost your post.

Astro, I'm also glad I don't drink anymore. I see people on here struggling and I wish I could wave a magic wand and take away their desire to drink.

I am grateful today that it was warm enough to take Billie for a long walk. I always feel like I'm 'missing something' when we don't get at least one good walk in. At least I have Billie's company even if we don't get out to walk. She is my constant companion and I'm grateful that God sent me to find her. Next May it'll be 4 yrs since I adopted her.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Ah, sorry you lost your post Aly! I am so grateful for you!
Astro, thank you for that comment about playing the tape through. That has been a successful tool for me and I need to remember it always.
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who still may get an urge to drink at times even after long sobriety. Fortunately these times are rare now and I have not given in. Lately, AV was a bit more powerful. This experience has made me realize that my biggest trigger really is any situation that makes me feel overwhelmed and powerless. In the past, it was my son. Now it’s my Dad. But it could be anything that brings on these feelings. It could be my husband some day or many other things. I am grateful that I felt really strong today and all those urges have completely left my mind 😊
Grateful for the wisdom and support from this forum and especially the grat pack. You are all part of my collective higher power 😊.
Grateful sonny boy got a pep talk from his karate instructor that he’s doing really well and has nothing to worry about with the test. He’ll do fine
Grateful when I took sonny boy to the bookstore, we walked in and he said “ah, I love the smell of books.” He was totally serious. My adorable little book nerd 🤓
Grateful my Dad found some poems he had written long ago to his ex loves, one being my mom, and read them to me on the phone. We had a good cry together.
Grateful to get some more guidance today
Grateful for my work team
Grateful for patience
Grateful for a clear and sober mind
Old 12-06-2019, 04:50 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Ahhh yes nothing smells better than a bookstore or library!

Grateful that guests feel welcome in our home. Grateful for the sound of young children when they arrived late last night.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:46 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fearless, I understand Sonny Boy's delight in the smell of books. I too like the smell of a bookstore or library. I always liked that scene in Beauty and the Beast when he shows her his library! All those books and shelves with ladders.

Tonight I'm grateful for another sober day, and that all my days are sober. If it weren't for my sobriety, I would have nothing.

Grateful for Sonny Boy's karate instructor giving him a nice pep talk. Praise works wonders.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Grateful to be home from ARF. I stayed late to help my friend who just got back from Dubai. They had a blast. There was so much laundry and I was by myself until Christy showed up later to help me. She folds so well, tight and they're all good. Some of my folding leaves a lot to be desired. I was letting her fold these grey blankets we get from paramedics and police I think. They have these blankets they can only use once, so they donate them to ARF. The girl scouts dropped of tons of towels today, which we need, They brought in 60 cats and kittens from SoCal. I think they were doing a lot of spaying and neutering.
Grateful to be sore from doing hard work.
Grateful I asked the dog manager about not talking to people who work there. He said absolutely not, the opposite is true. I know that woman was full of you know what.
Grateful for all of you and your stories. I love reading about all of you and your children and animal antics.
Peace and love to all of you tonight. xxxooo