Notices

Grateful

Old 10-10-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful

I have been sober since 3/2/19. I could not remember the date so I came here to check. Was it easy? No. Does it get easier as the days go by? Yes and no. I can still remember what a nasty hangover feels like. The bitterness in my stomach. Brain all foggy and waking up with drool on the pillow. No, I do not miss it. I am extremely grateful to be sober. Other things I am grateful for are my health, the roof over my head, my job, my dogs and my horse, my daughter (who is finally coming home) my very small family and my husband. Not specifically in that order. Sober a little over 7 months. Except for when I was pregnant, and I made up for lost time after, I can’t remember as an adult going that long without a drink. I’ve forgiven myself for things I have done. I have been ashamed of many things I have done and I’ve let it go. I’ve forgiven my parents. They probably should not have been parents but they did the best they could. I only hope I’ve done better or will do better now. Everyday is a new day to make my own life and world better and maybe make someone else’s life a little better also. Alcohol is a terrible thing for some of us. I’m glad to be rid of it. It was never my friend.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great gratitude post, Chrissy.

Congratulations!