Notices

my home and everything that comes with it

Old 11-23-2004, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tha toastah

my home and everything that comes with it

Today I am grateful to live in a house, with my own bed, and bathroom... and my night gown...

the way the fuse blew this morning cause the microwave was on at the same time as the blowdryer. and the we FIXED it!

all these little things that make up the joy of freedom.

last night i spoke at a youth detention center and i learnt such a big lesson about gratitude, wow...

so what about you? what are the little things in your house hold you are grateful for?
Old 11-23-2004, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Tha Toastah:

I like your gratefulness this morning! Particularly because I always start my gratefulness thinking with my home, warm bed with clean sheets, AC & heat, my pets, a kitchen full of food, lots of clothes, bathrooms with clean towels & shampoos, and a kitchen full of food, dishes, etc. Sometimes it is those things that we all just come to expect in our lives that if taken away would horrify us! When I watch the news and see poor people in other countries that have nothing, not even homes sometimes, I can just imagine how awful life would be.

I am grateful this morning because I have a 5 day holiday coming up, family coming in for a few days, ideas for good food to cook, a coffee pot on the counter just waiting for the coming mornings when I can lounge around the house instead of dressing for work. My huge elephant ears have not died yet because it hasn't turned cold yet (I guess that's not true for Tha Toastah up in Canada) and I hope my folks will see them when they come in Thursday, because they are beautiful! Like leaves that are as tall as me (of course, I am only 5'1").

I hope everyone is grateful and thankful for the positive hope in their lives. May we all stay on our Plan over the Thanksgiving holiday so that when we meet back here on Monday, we can be proud of ourselves!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sherry Lassie
Old 11-30-2004, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
tha toastah

wow thanks sherry! your post made my day.

today i am grateful for: this water bottle i keep filling up.. my new earings.. my mother who is constantly smiling (or screaming lol) my packed lunch.. oh and my wonderful little brother i love him so much