Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 90

Old 07-24-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Least, glad the heat wave is over. Ours here is just beginning (again)
Aly, as they say, 80% of life is just showing up
Good to see you back, Deserto
Rose, those dreams are so vivid and scary. Glad it was just a dream. Hope it strengthens you!
Citrus, welcome back. Congrats on Day 8
Numblady, wonderful to hear you are enjoying vacation
Such a good story, Rusty

Grateful to be calling the vet today. Little Daisy cat has an ear mite problem. We thought the medication was working but it’s not. She has scratched so much, her little ears are bleeding and she’s not eating now . Grateful to be sober through this. I had memories of my last cat getting sick and eventually putting him to sleep. I wasn’t always present for him when he was struggling. I recall drowning my sorrows in wine watching Marley and Me.
Grateful for a good boss who understands a difficult situation I am in. I’ve only had two “real” jobs since grad school. I had a slew of bad bosses at my first job. They all got fired. On the fourth bad boss, I finally left after 13 years. I’ve had only one boss, who has been great, at my current job Ive been at 15 years. A good boss is a total game changer.
Grateful for each of you and this journey we are on together
Old 07-24-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Grateful to be healthy and active
Old 07-24-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Numblady, a belated happy b-day to a great lady!!! So glad you are here.
Fearless, you are so right that a good boss is a game changer (so is a bad one!). Good luck at the vet with your baby. ♥
Grateful to be taking Luke into his new vet on Sat for his canine flu shot. It is practically an epidemic. I won't let Luke go near any other dogs until he gets his flu shot. He has a lipoma too, it's not too big right now, but I know they are usu benign and can get enormous. I hope that if it has to be removed, that it doesn't cost a small fortune. I have a few other things too for him.
Grateful for all of my blessings and for all of you and your wonderful posts.
Grateful to wish you all a great day and my love to each and everyone of you!
Old 07-24-2019, 08:49 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for reading all the Grat Packs posts and wishing I’d joined this thread when I joined SR. I learn so much from it.
Grateful Fearless has a good boss, work life is so much more productib3 and enjoyable!
Grateful Aly is getting Luke his flu shot and hoping there’s not too much other problems the vet finds. Hugs for Aly and for Luke ’s

Grateful for being sober.
Grateful for the peace and quiet
Grateful for the air being slightly cooler.
Grateful for aircon in our car.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Grateful for good care and that it is helping to improve my life.
Grateful for sobriety.
Grateful for hope, faith, and love.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

glad to see you here mags!

grateful to be able to show up for life
Old 07-25-2019, 05:14 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

RZ, hilarious!
Fearless, sorry about your pup. Glad you can be there for her. Naturally, two days (really more like a day and a half) before we left for vacation our little cat’s eyes started oozing. I think he’s ok (it seems like what happened with another cat we had who had blocked ducts) but I feel bad i couldn’t deal with it before we left and work will be so insane I probably can’t deal with it for a while after I get back.
Thanks all for the bday wishes!

Grateful for all the good bosses I’ve had.
grateful for the kind of annoying kind of cool sensation of having sand on my cold drinks.
Grateful that my cold drinks help hydrate me instead of the opposite.
Grateful for good friends, who hosted us last night for dinner along with all the kids (we are here with another family who is staying in a house down the road and we are taking turns watching each others’ kids so each couple could have a date).
Grateful to go to sleep early last night.
Grateful for that special bone weary happy tired from being at the beach.
Grateful my parents decided to come a day early. won’t help with the chaos but it will sure help with the fun and the kids.
Grateful for the amazing weather we are having.
Grateful for this time to reflect and shift my attitude (annoyed with spouse, probably unnecessarily and certainly unproductively).
Grateful for this group.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I enjoyed your little anecdote Rusty!. Hope Luke and Daisy and your little cat all get better Aly, Fearless and NL. And let's hear it for thoughtful and caring bosses, Fearless.

Grateful to have the chance to,post today - it's been a bit full-on mostly with entertaining a small despot (granddaughter)
Grateful to have had a swim in a lake yesterday. Totally refreshing on a very hot day.
Grateful to her eaten pizza in a castle. Well to be more precise, I'm a restaurant in a castle!
Grateful for a decent night's sleep.
Grateful to be on track to meet my new target of a hundred days of sobriety. Only seventy six days to go! Obviously a lifetime target then follows.
Thankful for all of you.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Posting from my phone so please bear with me. 🐻
Grateful for another sober day.☕
Grateful my gastro appointment went well and I don't have to go again for 3 months.👩*🔬
Grateful my mum took my g.son into town with her.👵🧑
Grateful I've got all 3 g. Kiddo's now but their other nan is picking them up shortly for a few hours and letting them use her hot tub.🧜🤽🏊
Grateful for this sunny day.🌞
Grateful to see Lulu cat has found herself a little den under a bush in the garden.😻🌳
Grateful for a mini magnem white chocolate ice lolly.🍦
Grateful Mags is one of the Grat Packers.😘
Grateful to all of you for being part of my journey. 👯👭👫
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Old 07-25-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Aly and Numblady, I hear you on the vet stuff and costs.
Grateful Rose is on track
Grateful daisy’s gastro Appointment went well. Btw, I love the magnam white choc bars, though I rarely have them these days

As far as my Daisy cat, grateful the vet went well yesterday, though expensive. Ugh! Grateful it’s just an ear infection, not something serious like cancer. Years ago, I took my last cat in and we thought he had a tooth infection affecting his sinuses so we spent a ton of money on a procedure only to have it fail and find out after more tests that a had a brain tumor . Grateful to remember his gentle spirit I look at one of our cats now as being like his reincarnation
Grateful for work humor with a good coworker friend
Grateful to keep boundaries. Just because I work from home, doesn’t mean I should work all the time. I’m being more conscious of the need to out some space between personal and work life lately
Grateful to adjust and let some negative thoughts go
So grateful for each of you!
Old 07-25-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep!
Old 07-25-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Grateful for the welcome back to this wonderful group.
Grateful to wake up clearheaded.
Grateful to have a full day ahead of me without worrying about when I will buy beer.
Grateful to be home with my whole family together after a few days of vacation.
Grateful for the money saved from not smoking or drinking.
Grateful for my hubby.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Grateful for a cool cloudy morning so I could weed my patio.

Grateful my dad and brother are coming to visit this weekend -- hence the need to weed
Old 07-25-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Hi Citrus.
Thank you, mags, fearless, and anyone else who gave us well wishes. Luke isn't actually sick, but I want him to have this flu vaccine, and a couple of other little things. One thing that was helpful with my other vet, he helped a lot of rescue groups and sometimes gives discounts for people who rescue. After the cat incident I just cannot go back to him. We want to meet our new vet. Fearless you are so right, they charge so much, I'm hoping this new vet isn't like that.
Grateful for my health insurance.
Grateful for good vets who are reasonable. in all their activities.
Grateful for my many blessings and good friends on these Grat threads.
Love and gratitude to you all! xxxooo
Old 07-25-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Citrus - good point! I too am grateful for the money saved from not drinking and it's a fair amount after 35 days
Grateful to have done with yesterday! For various reasons seemed like a very long day with endless chores. But now it's done.
Grateful for yet another sunny, but hopefully not too hot, day
Thankful to be looking forward to a day out with no chores
My day will include new shopping opportunities so grateful to have the chance to spend some of the money saved by not drinking!
Grateful to wake up with no hangover nor any prospect of one.

Grateful to be part of this lovely group.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:02 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Great to see you here Citrus. xx

Aly, I hope the new vet is everything you would want in a vet. xx

Grateful for a sober, hangover and guilt free morning.
Grateful I have my 2 grandsons this morning and we have just returned from a jog/power walk round our park before it gets too hot, it's been a long time since I did that so I'm very unfit but grateful I made the course. This is also encouragement for g.son no 1, who has poor co-ordination but has just joined the gym, he really enjoyed it and wants to do it on a regular basis.
Grateful for another sunny day.
Grateful to be going to a forest this afternoon with my g.kiddo's other nan and the 3 grands, she is also my best friend. The forest has a high rope course for which the kiddo's have tickets for. I will forage for pine cones whilst they are doing the course.
Grateful Fearless's little cat doesn't have anything sinister and her ear infection is being treated.
Grateful Aly's Luke had his flu shot.
Grateful Mags is now one of the Grat Pack.
Grateful Rose will hit her 100 day target quicker than it seems, time flies by so fast, remember though Rose to take it one day at a time, it's just for today.
Grateful to you all for your kindness and support. xxx
Old 07-26-2019, 02:47 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

I’m grateful for the existence of SR.

I’m grateful for all the Administrators, Moderators, Greeters, Thread Leaders and the incredible work they do.

I’m grateful for SR Members and the support they provide each other.

I’m grateful for the people posting on this Gratitude Thread, and for their heart-warming posts of gratitude

I’m grateful for waking up alive, this morning. 😃