SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 89 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/438693-morning-gratitude-part-89-a.html)

Opivotal 05-20-2019 09:44 AM

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 89

New Thread Continues From Here. :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-88-a-25.html

Alysheba 05-20-2019 09:46 AM

Thank you, Opi! :tyou

Opivotal 05-20-2019 10:52 AM

((Aly)) You're very welcome! :)

least 05-20-2019 11:02 AM

Thanks for the new part Opi! :hug:

This morning I am grateful for a long walk with Billie. :) Grateful to wake up to see her sweet face right next to me. :)

Mags1 05-20-2019 11:31 AM

Thanks for the new thread, Opi :)

Fearlessat50 05-20-2019 01:17 PM

Thank you so much, Opi!
Hev, I completely agree! I won’t say anymore about the show :)
I know I already posted this morning, but I am feeling serious gratitude and feel the need to post again. Turns out we have a roof leak. Our roof is only about 7 years old! Grateful for a super helpful general contractor who has done some big jobs for us in the past. He came over to assess the situation and is pretty sure he has discovered the source. I never realized how technically detailed construction work was until I owned a home! He offered to do a temporary fix which should solve the problem until we have our roof redone (assuming we don’t have the insane amount of rain as last year). He is not charging for any of his time or materials. Of course, my husband questions all men’s motives. But I can just tell he is a genuinely honest and good guy and I am so grateful for that
Grateful for all people who are honest, ethical and helpful!
Grateful to be sober and to be able to process all kinds of detailed information and make informed decisions (and remember them)

Mags1 05-20-2019 10:58 PM

Grateful for being sober
Grateful for a bright sunny morning
Grateful for waking up feeling ok
Grateful for everybody here

Anaya 05-21-2019 01:15 AM

Grateful for admin here at SR. Many thanks to Opi.
Grateful for the privilege to vote.
Grateful for the honest ones.
Grateful for some restful sleep.
Grateful to seek to use my time wisely.

Daisybelle 05-21-2019 01:56 AM

Thank you for the new thread Opi.
So glad you're getting your roof fixed Fearless. Thank goodness you know such a decent contactor and what a shame there aren't more like him.

Grateful to wake up sober, hangover & guilt free.
Grateful I laid inform out and made packed lunches last night as we over slept.
Grateful the school run went smoothly.
Grateful it's a bright, dry, warm morning.
Grateful to drop my mum off in town.
Grateful she treated me to a punnet of fresh cherries, my favourite.
Grateful for my mum, grateful she's of sound mind and body
Grateful to love and be loved.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Grateful for each and every one of you. Thank you. 💚💙💜

Numblady 05-21-2019 03:01 AM

Grateful for the new thread and the admins/Opi.
Grateful my drinking dream was just a dream (involving me drinking half a can of warmish beer of all things, ewwww!)
Grateful to go to the school talent show yesterday and make the decision to stay for the entire thing. On the one hand I am grateful I got to see some of the acts. There was a girl in my daughter’s class who did such an amazing job singing not only was her mom crying I found myself crying and looked over and saw at least one other mom crying. She’s someone who is kind of challenging in her own way but to see this side of her was really moving. It was also nice to see my daughter’s act—all choreographed, costumed, and orchestrated by her around the theme of bullying.
But I’m also grateful I stayed to gain new perspective on how events like this aren’t the same for all kids. First off it was over 2.5 hours long. Expecting anyone to sit in one place that long is asking a lot. Second it was raucous and loud especially at the end. I saw my own child and later noticed another girl just hunched over by the end trying to shut it all out. Several kids covering their ears at points. Just glad to feel along with them that it’s not always fun for everybody.
Grateful for unbroken hard sleep.
Grateful for all of you.

FBL 05-21-2019 03:30 AM

Thanks, Opi!

My heart is overflowing with gratitude today as my Mom celebrates her 82nd Birthday. That's her with her sons (me on the left) in my current avi. Mom has been the rock that has kept our family together over the years.

Grateful for another day sober.

Rusty Zipper 05-21-2019 05:42 AM

grateful for moving forward, thanks ope

jhay 05-21-2019 05:57 AM

Today I am grateful that I woke up, maybe with a slight tummyache, but healthy otherwise with sanity and a sound mind. I am grateful for the people closest to me who have stayed on this journey with me, offering true love and support. I am grateful I am passing all of my classes despite feeling like I'm drowning at times. I am grateful for these recovery forums I almost forgot about. Thank you for still being here.

Fearlessat50 05-21-2019 05:57 AM

Numblady, my son’s classmates also did an act in the talent show about bullying!
FBL, that is so wonderful. HB to your mom!
Grateful that I know I will catch up on sleep, probably after a meeting today. Feeling overwhelmed and anxious about a meeting with son’s therapist first, then with teacher and principle. But first with husband to discuss everything and make sure we are on the same page. My husband tends to be a bit passive about these meetings, but then he can get argumentative and know-it-allish even when he hasn’t done his research. Grateful the school is willing to discuss creative solutions to my son’s unique needs, though my feeling is it will be a challenge for various reasons. Private school is not the best option either. So we will see.
Grateful so much for all of you!

Deserto 05-21-2019 07:04 AM

Grateful for the new thread. Thanks Opi!

least 05-21-2019 07:07 AM

Grateful that I have no drama in my life. :)

Hevyn 05-21-2019 09:31 AM

FBL - Happy 82nd birthday to your lovely Mama. :)
jhay - It's wonderful to have you here with us. :hug:
Grateful for all the bullying awareness. No one thought anything of it back in the day - it was just supposed to be accepted as part of childhood. So destructive.
Grateful for the beauty of this spring day.
Grateful that I can still learn things & change my perspective.

Alysheba 05-21-2019 10:15 AM

(((FBL))) Love the picture of your mom and her boys! Congrats on 82 for mom!!
Grateful for a little alone time today.
Grateful to relate to Fearless, when I used to own my own place, I found it incredibly draining. After I lost it in the CA housing crisis, I swore I'd never own another house! Maybe a tiny one on the beach sounds nice...♥
Grateful for the Warriors win too!
Grateful for trying to live drama free. Grateful for the times that are peaceful and drama free. Good for you, Least!
Grateful for you all. ♥♥♥

Mags1 05-21-2019 09:38 PM

Grateful for being sober, never tire of this
Grateful for my morning cuppa
Grateful for everybody here
Grateful for the light morning

Numblady 05-22-2019 03:58 AM

Good luck in the meeting Fearless (or was it yesterday?)

Grateful to see FBL’s sweet avatar.
Grateful too for bullying awareness. In this digital age it seems bullies are given even more tools — and it is terrifying to hear about from other parents, read suicide stories, etc.
Grateful I made it through last night. It is probably the most tempted I’ve been in a while. Very rough night. And since part of the drama was my son getting suspended from after school care, probably not going to be a very drama free day either.
Grateful sleeplessness got me up early and I can do yoga.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to keep trying to remember I’m not a victim of circumstance and I have the power to change the things that are not working in my life.
Grateful for two nights ago, the sweetness of my son setting up a movie viewing area for himself and his dad. He put a little TV tray out for his Fanta, and set up a bunch of blankets and pillows and was so proud to tell my husband, “I got it ready for us.”
Grateful to come here when feeling high or low.