Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 06-08-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

WO, love that first post about only having silly stuff to complain about. That last one about quitting caffeine makes me cringe though. Lol. I’ve cut back but not sure I could go teetotal. Grateful coffee addiction is not like alcohol
Aly, so great to see you in such good spirits and to be volunteering
Hev, I love consignment shops, antique, dollar store and places that sell repurposed recycled stuff! I recently found some glass dishes and items at the Goodwill here and I’m going to make a stained glass garden sculpture!
Grateful for my little dainty Daisy cat sitting next to me with paws crossed. So proper
Grateful to have time this weekend to work on some handmade thank you gifts for son’s teachers
Grateful to go to a party tonight to celebrate end of the school year with friends and not have any interest in drinking
Grateful for fire danger alerts and awareness. No fire pit this weekend for sure
Grateful for this saying: we all have a moral obligation to leave the world a better place than we found it
Grateful for each of you
Old 06-08-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

And I am so grateful my husband just found a big tic on our big cat and was able to pull the whole thing out with tweezers. It was already partially burrowed under his skin!
Old 06-08-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Your glass project sounds wonderful. I'm not as creative.
Grateful for Fearless reminding me of the dreaded tics.
Grateful for the bluest skies ever - makes me almost want to go on a hike.
Grateful for a good discussion with MrH on how we can eat lighter dinners. Both need to lose 20 lbs. at least.
Grateful for the variety of colorful birds visiting the feeders. Grateful for their song waking me up - with the exception of the woodpecker.
Grateful to be guilt & hangover free on this lovely Saturday.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Grateful for a day that I can take it easy, I'm very tired.
I, too, am grateful for fire awareness. We've already had a couple of fires around here. It is supposed to be very hot here for today and most of next week.
As always, so grateful for all of you!
Love the Grat Pack! ♥♥♥
Old 06-08-2019, 10:50 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I am grateful. I am grateful for setting boundaries that have taken my life to new heights and made me a much happier person. Not using drugs and alcohol, I am slowly realizing, is a needed boundary for my health, happiness and security. I am grateful for me accepting the above as facts and also grateful for me being so willing to adapt my lifestyle and way of thinking to accommodate this realization. I am grateful for my partner for support and love as I am grateful for my friends for their spirit and support. I am grateful to have a job and grateful to have a world full love. I am grateful for awakening today. It’s time to enjoy myself and sobriety.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:50 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:54 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Grateful for the amusement the cats bring. LIke, why do they look so creepy when they do that thing to smell something better?
- the Flehmen response

https://www.thesprucepets.com/flehme...in-cats-553917

Grateful for the memories of all the cats I've had, each one unique.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:47 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to be sober
Grateful the sun is coming out today
Grateful my cats are stretched out peacefully after a mad half hour.
Grateful for my coffee
Grateful for everyone here.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

grateful to do things today i couldn't do if i was still drinking or drugging
Old 06-09-2019, 03:20 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Good Morning, I am very grateful, lots of gratitude. I finally move into my home this pass Friday. So at peace.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Grateful to have gotten some rest and to be up and about early today.
Grateful for cool weather.
Grateful for peace and quiet, for some time to reflect.
Grateful for and looking forward to the opportunity to spend time with my mother and daughter and her husband today.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to relive fond childhood memories at the statue unveiling for Da Crusher yesterday!

Grateful that although I was surrounded by literally hundreds of people drinking beer, that I was not tempted or triggered in the least.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Grateful to see CharlesG and Luckyrina here.
Grateful to Caramel for the info on Flehmen response. I studied German for 7 or 8 years and I lived there for a year and I never learned that word. Until now!
Grateful I was able to mostly keep up on a pretty aggressive bike ride yesterday.
Grateful, so grateful for this time I’ve had with the house to myself. Special pleasures include: Setting the thermostat where I want it. Not having to hear the tv, the radio, stinking YouTube, Roblox, or anything else. That the only time the tv was on it was for HGTV and then only for half an hour. For naps. For free time that actually felt free. For having girlfriends over and not having to figure out where everyone else was going to go. For getting my recipes organized and purging a bunch of kid stuff. For good sleep. for peace. For quiet.
Grateful to be picking my family up from the airport today.
Grateful for sober Sunday morning.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

The Flehman response! Never knew there was a name for that
Numblady, it’s always nice to not have to argue about the thermostat
Grateful for coffee and watching Sunday morning show with my cats
Grateful for a good run yesterday
Grateful to go to the local art and wine festival yesterday, to not be tempted to drink in the least, to actually notice so many people drinking LaCroix, water or coffee. The first two years of sobriety, I was very focused on others drinking wine and what I thought I was missing out on. Not anymore. Grateful to get a new toe ring and anklet at a booth. A couple years ago, I had a surgery and they made me remove my toe ring (apparently the metals can cause something bad to happen in surgery), then I lost it and the anklet later got caught on something and broke
Grateful for a fun party at a friends last night. About 10 parents and kids. Sort of a new friend group. Throughout the course of the evening, about 4 hours, most of them had one or two glasses of wine or beer, then water, or no alcohol at all. It’s refreshing to make new friends with normie and nondrinkers! In the past we only had heavy drinking friends. I wonder about the stories of the nondrinkers. Are they in recovery like me, did they have an alcoholic parent, do they not drink for religious reasons? What’s the deal?
Grateful for the firefighters
Grateful for each of you
Old 06-09-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Grateful to have spent the day rafting on the river with friends and to have slept so hard that I woke up literally sideways in my bed and sore and middle aged but not hungover.

Grateful for my hot tub to soak the pain away

Fearless, I know what you mean about non-alcoholic friends. River trips were always an excuse to get ****-faced all day, with me dragging everyone into the fray with Deserto's trade-marked Jug of Fun. Interesting to note that left to their own devices, most of my non-alcoholic friends were content with just drinking a beer or two throughout the day. Odd, mysterious behavior to this old alcoholic....
Old 06-09-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober with Billie beside me on the bed.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Magsie

Numblady, I can see there was real appreciation for time spent on your own these last few days. It’s amazing what you can do without running around after everyone else. Pleased you enjoyed it.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Grateful for the grats I've read, so far. I love this thread.
Grateful my meeting at ARF went very well. I have get up enough energy to fill out the paperwork on line. Ugh. I don't like dealing with that kind of stuff, probably why I'm doing housework this morning. Lol
Grateful for a restful mostly peaceful weekend.
Grateful I vacuumed and cleaned up the house a little. It is supposed to be close to 100 today and the next few days. There are already fires going. Sometimes you can smell the smoke. Later it will be too hot. Luke will get a short walk today, I believe
Grateful for the volunteer firemen/women and the inmates who volunteer to fight these terrible wildfires. Prayers that they are not as badly as last year.
Grateful for all of you!! ♥♥♥ Have a wonderful rest of the Sunday!
Old 06-09-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oopsie - it's afternoon.
Hello to Luckyrina & Charles.
Aly - I saw the heatwave on the news & was worried. Prayers going up.
Numblady - I love alone time & rarely have any. I feel kind of guilty for missing it.
Grateful for the discussion about our old drinking ways...I have no idea how I justified it. Fomo was a problem early on, but faded away to nothing.
Grateful for another gorgeous day that I will savor.
Grateful that being older & sober isn't the sad state of affairs I thought it might be.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:02 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Hevyn! Yes, they say it may be a very hot summer. Thank you so much for your prayers. ♥♥♥