SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 88 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/437761-morning-gratitude-part-88-a.html)

Opivotal 04-12-2019 01:41 PM

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 88

New Thread Continues From Here. :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-87-a-26.html

Alysheba 04-12-2019 01:44 PM

Thank you, Opi!

Happy Saturday to one of my very favs...♥

Caramel 04-12-2019 03:25 PM

Grateful to have had my (very small) skin-surgery yesterday;
grateful for paper tape and cling-film, to keep the dressing dry in the shower for the next two weeks, now 13 days;
grateful I can wash my hair in the bathroom handbasin without taps/faucets getting in the way.

Alysheba 04-12-2019 03:29 PM

(((Caramel))) Look after yourself, love and get well soon. :VA005:

Mags1 04-12-2019 11:12 PM

Thanks Opi :)

Caramel, sending hugs. :hug:’s

Grateful for my cat wallowing with pleasure, at the side of me
Grateful for the quiet Saturday morning except for the call of a pheasant or two, which is lovely.
Grateful for being sober
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for everybody here :)

Daisybelle 04-13-2019 12:01 AM

Take good care of yourself Caramel. xx

Prayers for your sister Aly including the 'sick man' prayer xx

Grateful to be up early sober and present.
Grateful to Opi for the new thread.
Grateful the sun is shining although it's very cold.
Grateful for strong coffee.
Grateful for my little fat cat.
Grateful for a wattsapp message from my little g.son, he's staying over with his daddy until tomorrow evening, which always puts me on edge.
Grateful to be working through some negative thoughts that are going round my head and putting them in order before I have a long needed and necessary conversation, that I need to do in a calm and positive way.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Grateful that you're all part of my journey.
Grateful to be here.

FBL 04-13-2019 03:44 AM

Thanks for the new part, Opi!

Grateful for another glowing report from the eye doc yesterday.

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 04-13-2019 05:29 AM

Aly, good on you for setting and keeping those boundaries and recognizing how ill your sister is.
Grateful for new installment of Grat Pack adventures thanks to Opi.
Grateful Daisy’s g.son knows how to use WhatsApp. For the life of me and other tech savvy I just haven’t been able to make it work! Grateful you are inspiring me to try again.
Grateful that the racing thoughts of 3 a.m. about work feel less potent in the light of day. I even thought to myself, maybe I won’t feel this way in the morning, but they were so fixating and angering, it was hard to get my rational mind to believe.
Grateful the racing work thoughts were not fueled by alcohol.
Grateful some of the wildflowers I planted are blooming (approx. 4 flowers out of like 1000 seeds but hey who’s counting?!)
Grateful to have ordered some fancy syrup for my coffee yesterday (inspired by Fearless’ description of her coffee ritual!), along with some experimental shrub varieties to make mocktails..
Grateful that even though I spent hours worrying in the middle of the night and woke up with a killer headache, neither of those things were because I drank alcohol.
Grateful for quit lit.
Grateful for you!

Rusty Zipper 04-13-2019 05:34 AM

thanks for new part

grateful to those that came out to support our band gig last night

lyddie 04-13-2019 08:09 AM

Caramel - Sending you positive healing thoughts. I had a small skin cancer removed from my face (near my eye) two years ago. While the healing process was a bit awkward with the bandage and the swelling, it healed beautifully - no scar at all. Hope your recovery is as successful as mine.

Grateful to hear the birds singing joyfully this beautiful sun shiny morning.
Grateful for SR.

least 04-13-2019 08:13 AM

Grateful to wake up sober. :)

Caramel, :hug:

Fearlessat50 04-13-2019 08:24 AM

Thanks Opi for the new thread and keeping our grat pack going
Thinking of all of you as you face your unique challenges. Let’s all remember the serenity and sick man prayer!
Grateful FBL eye is doing well!
Grateful Numblady is trying some new syrups for coffee :)
Grateful to take my time this morning, for meditation in the garden, coffee on the porch and going for a hike in a while
Grateful to be visiting with family tonight, some of whom I haven’t seen in several years
Grateful for all of you

Caramel 04-13-2019 10:44 AM

Grateful for the kind thoughts and messages.

Hevyn 04-13-2019 10:57 AM

A bit late, but here I am. :) Grateful to be grateful.
Caramel - I'm glad that's over with - may you heal quickly.
Grateful for sun & warmth.
Grateful I went back to sleep after my 3am fears settled down. (I feel you, Numblady.)
Grateful my husband went to buy birdseed after I pointed out the birds were on strike - marching past the window & glaring in at us.
Grateful that winter is actually gone now. See ya in November.
Grateful for a sense of humor - we sure need one these days.
Grateful for my friends here - have a lovely Saturday. :hug:

Alysheba 04-13-2019 01:56 PM

Thank you Fearless and Numblady.
Grateful for your support, as a dysfunctional family and anxiety are my main stressors.
Sorry so late.
Grateful for you all! ♥♥♥

Mags1 04-13-2019 10:01 PM

Grateful for being sober
Grateful for everybody here
Grateful for my morning coffee

Daisybelle 04-14-2019 12:05 AM

Numblady, I hope you manage to get Wattsapp sorted, it's very easy to use and really good for sending photo's and videos once you get the hang of it. A few of my April 2018 class are in a little Wattsapp group and we chat and support each other through it.
I hope you feel better this morning, I'm another one who worries about things in the middle of the night, always at stupid o clock when I can't do anything about anything anyway!
Hevyn, you're another one too, I hope you feel calmer this morning.
Aly, I also have a dysfunctional family, I know where you are coming from, stay strong. xx

Grateful to be up early sober, hangover and guilt free.
Grateful for a good nights sleep.
Grateful my little cat was waiting downstairs for me, she's sat beside me now purring like a little steam engine.
Grateful for a good cup of coffee.
Grateful that as I'm sitting here I have full view of a beautiful flowering cherry tree at the bottom of my garden. The reds and different shades of pink are magnificent.
Grateful to hear the birds singing and watching them gathering up materials to build nests.
Grateful my husband pulled the weeds from the driveway yesterday.
Grateful my heavy cold seems to be drying up.
Grateful FBL got another glowing report from the eye doc.
Grateful to you all for your understanding and kindness. xx

Lpg 04-14-2019 01:35 AM

Grateful to have a great sleeping pattern
Grateful to wake up to a glorious sunny morning
Grateful to make new sober connections today
Grateful for 518 hangover free mornings under my belt

FBL 04-14-2019 03:20 AM

Grateful for another day sober.

Rusty Zipper 04-14-2019 03:27 AM

grateful for a a fun open mic last night