SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 86 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/435823-morning-gratitude-part-86-a.html)

Opivotal 01-27-2019 11:38 AM

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 86

New Thread Continues From Here. :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-85-a-25.html

Alysheba 01-27-2019 11:40 AM

Thank you, Opi! ♥♥♥

Deserto 01-27-2019 12:35 PM

Grateful to get my 9 month chip today.

Grateful Henry's surgery went well on Thursday and he is recovering very well (he had a TPLO on his left knee to repair a torn ACL).

Grateful to have romance come into my life with a woman whom I've been interested in for five years (and her, apparently, in me). Circumstances change and voila! -- suddenly you have a bottomless need to send and receive heart-eyed emojis. :lmao

Grateful for patience.

Alysheba 01-27-2019 12:38 PM

Deserto - Congrats on 9 months! That's wonderful.

Mags1 01-27-2019 08:30 PM

Grateful for the new thread, Opivotal.
Grateful for the peace surrounding me.
Grateful for having SR to visit daily.

Anaya 01-28-2019 01:52 AM

I am grateful for Opi continuing this thread :) Thank you , Opi! Happy Monday.
I am grateful my brother and I carved out a chunk of time to talk on the phone yesterday; lack of communication can be so stifling.
I am grateful for my canine buddy and for the companionship he provides. He is not officially a therapy dog but he sure does do a good job of being a comforter for family members. :grouphug:

FBL 01-28-2019 03:37 AM

Thanks, Opi!

Grateful that I made to work, despite the snow.

Grateful for learning how to let go.

Grateful for another day sober.

PalmerSage 01-28-2019 03:52 AM

Grateful for Monday morning and a clean-slate start to the week.
Grateful for coffee!
Grateful for the Unpickled blog, which provided good bedtime reading last night.
Grateful to live a sober life.
Grateful for the chance to make healthy choices today.
Grateful to have clothes in my closet that fit me.
Grateful to SR, and everyone on this thread!
:)

bandicoot2 01-28-2019 04:19 AM

Grateful that my morning headache isn't due to a hangover.
Grateful for this quiet time, SR, my computer, comfy chair and pup at my feet.
Grateful for a warm house and healthy food.
Grateful for sobriety and recovery!

Numblady 01-28-2019 04:22 AM

Fearless you are making me jealous with your coffee set up!! Yum!
Grateful for the absurdity of myself trying to do some cardio kickboxing moves because that was part of the video I streamed yesterday. Float like a lead balloon? Sting like a sloth?
Grateful for the feeling of fatigued muscles
Grateful to use things up instead of losing or getting rid of them: a pen, a giant bottle of conditioner, or wearing a garment until it frays.
Grateful for never, ever having to think about coordinating any Sunday shopping trips so they just happen to get me to the checkout line past noon so I can buy booze.
Grateful to have the luxury of thinking about whether I’m taking care of myself or being fulfilled. I know there are many people out there who work a lot harder than I do and have a lot less to show for it, and probably don’t have time or energy to worry about much besides scraping by.
Grateful for Advil. I think I must have clenched my teeth pretty hard last night. I had dreams I was wearing some crazy orthodontia that smashed my teeth together in a painful way. Hurts my head!
Grateful to get to start my day this way here with you all.

Rusty Zipper 01-28-2019 05:17 AM

dress suit was a test run cour

have to wear it in a few weeks at funeral

will see if i can get a pic (i dont do selfies) lol

good for you des!

always grateful for moving forward, and not being stuck on stuck

WaterOx 01-28-2019 05:18 AM

Grateful for another couple of sunny California days before another storm comes in :)

Fearlessat50 01-28-2019 06:03 AM

Deserto, your whole post made me smile :). It reminded me of the early dating days with my husband
PalmerSage, the unpicked blog was the first sobriety tool I found online. I really enjoyed reading her posts and the podcast. I haven’t been back to it a while but I plan to when I get some time.
Me too, Waterox. I love it because it is great running weather
Now, what I am grateful for... grateful my dream last night wasn’t real. Some faceless random guy got me pregnant with triplets. I have no idea where that came from since I have no interest in an affair or having any more babies. Shop’s closed anyway
Grateful for my work flexibility
Grateful for my sobriety and never needing to drink again or feel so low about myself.
Grateful for all of you!

Hevyn 01-28-2019 07:26 AM

Deserto - Congrats on the 9 months - and the romance. How lovely. :)
Grateful for the bright sun today - not grateful for the big storm heading towards us.
Grateful there's nothing pressing to do today - except run to the store for the bread and milk!! :tongue:
Grateful for movies & music - they let us take a vaca from our thoughts for a while.

Deserto 01-28-2019 07:41 AM

Thanks Hevyn, Fearless and Aly!

Grateful to wake up sober.

Grateful Henry is snoozing peacefully in the winter sun by the back door.

neferkamichael 01-28-2019 07:45 AM

I'm just grateful today. :egypt:

:egypt:

courage2 01-28-2019 08:20 AM

Great post, Deserto -- good news all around :)

Grateful that I didn't throw away that white flag because my battle against the universe ain't working :giveup

Alysheba 01-28-2019 08:40 AM

Grateful to be getting some chores done.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for this thread.

least 01-28-2019 08:56 AM

Grateful to wake up sober with Billie beside me on the bed. :)

GreenSweater 01-28-2019 02:23 PM

Grateful to feel compassion and sympathy. Grateful for the emotions that tether me to this place, this moment, this experience.