Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > The Gratitude List
Reload this Page >

6 month sober, thank you, SR Community for not judging anybody

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 01:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just wanted to thank everyone here for being so supportive and not judging anybody. I think a lot of people here must fight judgements on their (former) alcohol abuse or their life altogether of others and it is sometimes so hard to deal with that, but to stay stable and strong for yourself. This community is a safe place. It is a place of support and acceptance that give room for improvement.

I have more than 6 month of sobriety and I am going strong even in the face of hardships, tons of small **** and stuff. It’s not easy, but it’s more and more fulfilling. When I struggled emotionally I just turned to this forum here and read posts of support of other members, clicking on some “Thank You”. This and calls with a likeminded friend did it – the so important “getting understood as you are” - for me.

Thanks again.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome job! I relate to your feelings and you have made great use of the tools you have found like SR and IRL support. Keep going! It keeps getting better. And I have had so much good and some serious challenges since getting sober, and the only way I can handle them best is if I'm able is by centering my life on my recovery first.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations ThomPom

D
Old 10-17-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I joined SR, I felt understood for the first time. Talking to others and receiving support was a big factor in my sobriety.

I'm so happy you experienced the same acceptance, ThomPom.

Congratulations!